In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

And what about Johan Larsson ???
Could not attend it seems, for a reason which I don't know.
Though, I saw on his facebook profile that he played with IF in Sacramento '06. Don't know if there is any videos or bootleg of that show though, haven't found any thus far. I know he's on good terms etc, all of those guys are, so it's not due to that reason.

Notice the uploaders name? HEHEHEHEHE, nah I'll stop bragging...
Though I do have some really cool stuff on my channel. For anyone who haven't check out the Behind Space 2004 Original Lineup, it's probably one of the best things you'll ever see.

Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJmIdLMxns

Fucking awesome! Do you know of any other instances of this happening during one of their shows? I never expected to see something like this. EPIC

Album title should have been "Ghosts of a Concrete World" or "Ghosts in a Concrete World" rather than SOAPF ... or even "Genetic Codes of a Dying Breed" :eek:

Album title should have been "Ghosts of a Concrete World" or "Ghosts ina Concrete World" rather than SOAPF ... or even "Genetic Codes of a Dying Breed" :eek:

Well, SOAPF does sound a bit silly, but meaning is very clear. That song should have been named Ghosts of a Concrete World. That's a great tittle. Very Early In Flames-ish.

@Krofius

Man, that was great. Glenn doesn't play without his hat, does he? :)
You have some really cool stuff on your channel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fRCbMs5OsA&feature=related[/ame]

I didn't even know they covered ATG. Great song.

One thing that's pleasantly surprised me about the first two leaked songs is the lyrical content. I remember before ASOP came out Disconnected was played on a radio station and when I heard the "I feel like shit, but at least I feel something" line my heart sank. The lyrics for Take This Life were bad enough, but that was really emo and left a bad taste in my mouth that remained as I listened to ASOP - which was littered with really poor lyrics IMO.

Deliver Us and SOAPF are a level above everything on ASOP, which is nice to see. I think the period between Colony - RTR was the peak of Anders lyrical ability and it's gone downhill since then, but these first two songs are a big step in the right direction. Hopefully Anders left his emo tendancies behind for the rest of the album as well :D

I disagree that his lyrics have gone downhill- i just think ASOP lacked any inspiration and the lyrics suffered massively. Come Clarity, in my opinion, is Anders' best moment lyrically- it has everything. Okay most people think 'Take This Life' is too emo, but i prefer to think of it as a song contemplating suicide (which it is), as opposed to cutting/harming oneself as part of a trendy scene.

Come Clarity has political themes (Vacuum, Your Bedtime Story), personal themes (Come Clarity, Our Infinite Struggle), apocalyptic themes (Versus Terminus, Dead End) and has such a variety- and all are pulled off with meaning but are still catchy. Very relevant lyrics to modern society. As opposed to ASOP, where it was all very generic and vague (apart from TCP- great lyrics there, i must admit).

I'm not a HUGE fan of sci-fi lyrical themes (Whoracle, Colony etc)- Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to Your Escape had amazing lyrics too. Very thoughtfully wrote!

I disagree that his lyrics have gone downhill- i just think ASOP lacked any inspiration and the lyrics suffered massively. Come Clarity, in my opinion, is Anders' best moment lyrically- it has everything. Okay most people think 'Take This Life' is too emo, but i prefer to think of it as a song contemplating suicide (which it is), as opposed to cutting/harming oneself as part of a trendy scene.

Come Clarity has political themes (Vacuum, Your Bedtime Story), personal themes (Come Clarity, Our Infinite Struggle), apocalyptic themes (Versus Terminus, Dead End) and has such a variety- and all are pulled off with meaning but are still catchy. Very relevant lyrics to modern society. As opposed to ASOP, where it was all very generic and vague (apart from TCP- great lyrics there, i must admit).

I'm not a HUGE fan of sci-fi lyrical themes (Whoracle, Colony etc)- Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to Your Escape had amazing lyrics too. Very thoughtfully wrote!

I agree Come Clarity was lyrically a good album in some parts - Dead End is fantastic, Vacuum is nice and Vanishing Light is alright too. On the other hand TTL, Scream and the title track are really bleugh lyrics. The rest are so-so, not on the level of his previous attempts IMO.

I thought the lyrics on STYE were poor from beginning to end... especially crap like "I Like You Better Dead" and "Borders and Shading". ASOP's were just abysmal, especially as Anders appeared to have stepped it up on Come Clarity.

The first two leaked songs of SOAPF have delivered on the lyrical front though, and looking at the song titles gives me confidence the entire album will be similarly inspired. No contrast between titles like 'Fear is the Weakness', 'Where the Dead Ships Dwell', 'Enter Tragedy' and 'A New Dawn' and the cringefest that was 'The Mirror's Truth', 'Delight and Angers', 'Sleepless Again' (good song, bad title) and 'Disconnected'.

I thought the lyrics on STYE were poor from beginning to end... especially crap like "I Like You Better Dead" and "Borders and Shading". ASOP's were just abysmal, especially as Anders appeared to have stepped it up on Come Clarity.

I thought their best lyrical moment was the chorus on My Sweet Shadow. Probably in my top 5 for any band that I've ever listened to. It's uplifting with an appropriate amount of crypticism (word? lawl). It's pretty epic live also.

Fucking awesome! Do you know of any other instances of this happening during one of their shows? I never expected to see something like this. EPIC
No, it hasn't. But I know they covered Blinded By Fear another time in 2004.
That show was a one time thing, it was a thing called Decibel 200 000 I think, all the bands that played that show played rare setlists (IF played World of Promises the only time live, and they will never do it again Anders said) to gather money for the guy who was in charge of Decibel cause he was in debts or something, I don't recall really. But it was all for getting that guy money, no one of the bands playing that night got any money whatsoever.
Well, SOAPF does sound a bit silly, but meaning is very clear. That song should have been named Ghosts of a Concrete World. That's a great tittle. Very Early In Flames-ish.

@Krofius

Man, that was great. Glenn doesn't play without his hat, does he? :)
You have some really cool stuff on your channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fRCbMs5OsA&feature=related

I didn't even know they covered ATG. Great song.

Well on Jesterhead there is some really cool backstage jam stuff, there is a video when they play like 1min 30sec of Blinded By Fear (Anders not there) also another when they play half Moonshield, all without vocals. Also Björn playing Dead god in me on drums which is really cool to see, and also Jesper behind the kit just jamming some random stuff, he doesn't seem so good anymore though, but Björn still got drum skills it seems.

I thought their best lyrical moment was the chorus on My Sweet Shadow. Probably in my top 5 for any band that I've ever listened to. It's uplifting with an appropriate amount of crypticism (word? lawl). It's pretty epic live also.

Yeah, I'll give you My Sweet Shadow... the rest though, Anders must have been high as hell.

"The I is lost in me
But I am ready to give you The M,
It might even be the E
As I begin to search for I
The I is lost in me"

:D

C'mon guys, that's actually some real clever lyrical work gone on there! Anders seems to bring touches of genius, who the fuck else would come up with stuff like that?

"Would you Spend nowhere with Me?" :D

I think STYE was a good album. I like the feel of the riffs, some vocals weren't so good but the screaming was really nailed, in my eyes (ears?). Lyrics were all wackey with moments of genius in every song, although some seemed to suck (Touch of Red springs to mind). Really like the atmospheric synths on that record too- The Quiet Place, My Sweet Shadow (the end of that song is great), Dial 959-escape.

I'm hoping SOAPF (that abbreviation is really bugging me, "don't drop the Soap!") will bring more of the same brilliant keyboarding that makes the awesome atmosphere we've come to love from In Flames. Beginning to think In Flames should have a touring keyboardist!

not sure about touches of genius matey :D STYE isn't THAT bad, in terms of general metal albums it's okay. In comparison to In Flames other albums it's just one of the worst, imo. And a lot of the lyrics on it are fail, only ASOP is worse. Again, they're still better than a lot of other metal lyrics, just poor in comparison to Anders past attempts.

Yeah, I'll give you My Sweet Shadow... the rest though, Anders must have been high as hell.

"The I is lost in me
But I am ready to give you The M,
It might even be the E
As I begin to search for I
The I is lost in me"

:D
They do seem silly BUT, Anders has, since Clayman written lyrics with clever metaphors which makes everyone have different interpretions of what the songs is really about. TJR, Whoracle and Colony had their concepts, but nowadays Anders said he likes to write lyrics that are open for interpretation.
I doubt that chorus really is about letters, lol.