In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

not sure about touches of genius matey :D STYE isn't THAT bad, in terms of general metal albums it's okay. In comparison to In Flames other albums it's just one of the worst, imo. And a lot of the lyrics on it are fail, only ASOP in worse. Again, they're still better than a lot of other metal lyrics, just poor in comparison to Anders past attempts.

This!

Anders really does have some moments of genius, but sometimes he fucks things up badly.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHdDVVZ5qDI&feature=related[/ame]

Give me an M... Give me an E!

I-N-F-L-A-M-E-S!

;)

Anders is capable of much better than that, regardless. Silly lyrics imo, interpretation or not.

His lyrics on Clayman album are really good imo.

"Spend some quality time with the demon of mine
I like the way you struggle but you know I'm here to win"

I'd agree that Clayman was apex of Anders' lyrical talent... Colony was fantastic as well. With a better grip of English at the time those lyrics would be up there with some of the best... as it stands they're still amazing, you just have to correct some of the grammar in your mind :D

His lyrics on Clayman album are really good imo.

"Spend some quality time with the demon of mine
I like the way you struggle but you know I'm here to win"

Colony, Clayman and Reroute, which were written by him, were all, pure, fucking, gold.

Clayman was complete poetry. Anders said he truly felt like shit when he was working on Clayman, so everything he wrote was more real than anything he wrote before.

I was searching youtube for old In Flames shows today when i stumbled across this video. It's a bootleg of a whole set from the Whoracle tour in Japan.

01- Intro - 0:00:00
02- Behind space - 0:01:45
03- Gyroscope - 0:06:08
04- Jotun - 0:09:30
05- Food for the gods - 0:13:13
06- Artifacts of the black rain - 0:17:47
07- Stand ablaze - 0:21:20
08- Upon a oaken throne - 0:25:16
09- Moonschield - 0:28:34
10- Dead eternity - 0:32:56
11- Worlds within the margin - 0:37:08
12- Episode 666 - 0:41:29
13- Jesterscript transfigured - 0:45:37
14- The hive - 0:50:06
15- The jester race - 0:57:28
16- Murders in the rue morgue (Iron maiden cover) - 1:02:09
17- Clad in shadows - 1:08:27
18- Everything counts (Depeche mode cover) - 1:11:25
19- Whoracle - 1:14:42

Could not believe my eyes when i saw World within the margin live. I just had to sign up here and share it with some fellow In Flames fans. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen WWTM live :)

I loved it, everyone else in the audience stood around looking like In Flames had just shat themselves on stage.

Wow Supernatural tnx!

Now, that is a set list I like. Anders growls like beast!

I love how they skip or fuck up complicated guitar parts. :)

Jester Script Transfigured is my all time favorite In Flames song. I didn't know that they'd played it on a live show. Nice find, sounds a bit different from the album version though.

Hello guys, I'm new on the board, but I've been reading your comments since a few weeks.
In fact I'm the webmaster of Mysweetforum.com (a French fansite about the band that has existed for more than 5 years now) maybe some of you know the site. We are rebuilding it totally and hope to launch it with a section for the non-French-speaking fans who are able to share their thoughts in a clever way (like what I've seen here :)). We'll give the word when it's online.

Well I'm not here just to make some advertisements for my website. I've read a post from Krofius about a Swedish review/article/interview about The Resistance in Close-Up. I've bought this magazine digitally, and translated the Resistance part (actually I don't understand Swedish, so I went through online translator to have the text in English and then in French for my website), I haven't kept the English version but I could still provide you the main ideas, unless Krofius has already done the job.

Besides, on Mysweetforum.com, everyday from today (monday) to sunday, we are adding a brief description (not a complete one in order to still be on good terms with CM or IF's mangement eheh) of two tracks off SOAPF, the two first were the title track and "Deliver Us", so nothing new to you guys, but the next ones could be interesting. And yeah, it's in French, though google trad might do the job very well, or I could write an English version here if I have the time ;)

Hello guys, I'm new on the board, but I've been reading your comments since a few weeks.
In fact I'm the webmaster of Mysweetforum.com (a French fansite about the band that has existed for more than 5 years now) maybe some of you know the site. We are rebuilding it totally and hope to launch it with a section for the non-French-speaking fans who are able to share their thoughts in a clever way (like what I've seen here :)). We'll give the word when it's online.

Well I'm not here just to make some advertisements for my website. I've read a post from Krofius about a Swedish review/article/interview about The Resistance in Close-Up. I've bought this magazine digitally, and translated the Resistance part (actually I don't understand Swedish, so I went through online translator to have the text in English and then in French for my website), I haven't kept the English version but I could still provide you the main ideas, unless Krofius has already done the job.

Besides, on Mysweetforum.com, everyday from today (monday) to sunday, we are adding a brief description (not a complete one in order to still be on good terms with CM or IF's mangement eheh) of two tracks off SOAPF, the two first were the title track and "Deliver Us", so nothing new to you guys, but the next ones could be interesting. And yeah, it's in French, though google trad might do the job very well, or I could write an English version here if I have the time ;)

Actually I've been to mysweetforum a couple of times with some help from google translate. :Spin:

Good luck, looking forward to it!

Welcome friend! Just checked Mysweetforum and Bjorn interview. Although my french is really rusty I'll try to find my way through it using Google translate.

If you could do a short English version of the next two track reviews for this forum it will be very much appreciated I think. Cheers!

This man tells the truth.
That citta bootleg is fucking ace btw, great sound quality as well. Though it's from '98 and not 97...it's mislabeled as 96 at most places.
And btw, they actually played Worlds Within The Margin in 2006, was that when you saw them life De4LIFE? Damn I would kill to see a video of them performing that in 2006...

Want to know something that is not on Wikipedia about In Flames? Clayman's original title was ''Self Handling Instruction'', but was changed before the release somewhere. Also, Used & Abused DVD was originally titled ''A Night In Flames'' (worldplay on A Night In Paris eh?).

Just found a bootleg from Mexico in 2000 (sub-par quality but still) that I actually haven't seen or heard before:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S7WHpmJBhQ&feature=related[/ame]
Also this one lol, Anders completely without beard, and Jesper too in 2006:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nziHR5Lj-0E&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

Sure, you can post the English translation, I haven't even bothered to start do anything yet. Though after you have posted it, I can correct things that might come out in a wrong way or something cause the translator sucks sometimes.

This man tells the truth.
And btw, they actually played Worlds Within The Margin in 2006, was that when you saw them life De4LIFE? Damn I would kill to see a video of them performing that in 2006...

Yes :) it was an amazing show, they also played Moonshield, Insipid 2000 & Colony if I recall correctly. Maybe another real oldie too... difficult to remember now!

My favourite memory was seeing Satellites & Astronauts live, though. My favourite song, and I never thought I'd hear them play it live... to actually be there to see it was a great moment :D

Yes :) it was an amazing show, they also played Moonshield, Insipid 2000 & Colony if I recall correctly. Maybe another real oldie too... difficult to remember now!

My favourite memory was seeing Satellites & Astronauts live, though. My favourite song, and I never thought I'd hear them play it live... to actually be there to see it was a great moment :D
Where was this show you were on? And yeah I know they played Moonshield during whole 2006, fucking awesome. I hope they play Food For The Gods soon again, tired of The Hive :D And I know that FFTG is one of Björns absolute favorite songs, hope he pushes his will when they decide on setlists :D