In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Going to be interesting to see them pull off the SOAPF solo live lol, there is a rhythm guitar in the background, then there is the lead being played, and the solo over the lead...they will have to skip one part :p

I really hope that the new album will have plenty of moments like this. I miss the dual lead guitar. And as for playing live, I guess they will go with both leads and no rhytm, since Peter's distorted bass is heavy enough to carry the rhytm with Daniel :) But then again, they might use backing tracks for it, since they will use it for keys/samples anyway, or just simply rearange it (like that harmony/break in Ep666 when they play it live).

I really hope that the new album will have plenty of moments like this. I miss the dual lead guitar. And as for playing live, I guess they will go with both leads and no rhytm, since Peter's distorted bass is heavy enough to carry the rhytm with Daniel :) But then again, they might use backing tracks for it, since they will use it for keys/samples anyway, or just simply rearange it (like that harmony/break in Ep666 when they play it live).
I've never heard them use backing track for guitars though, only for some choruses (MSS for example) and for all the keys,samples & loops etc.

If they can pull off vocals, all the background samples and stuff live...there will be no problems with guitars. Just play two dominant lines and you're good to go.

I don't think it is possible to use backing tracks for guitars. I mean, it is possible, but it usually doesn't sound very good. It would require perfect guitar sound on that gig, and no fucking around from Bjorn and Niclas. Not worth it. Why don't they just hire third guitar player. I heard of this blonde guy...Jesper something... Now, that would be awesome.

Well, technically some songs have 4 guitar lines... But then again, I hear Glenn is active again. ;)

And add a guest appearance by Chris Amott for Suburban Me. :headbang:

Well yeah, I know that there are moments with like 4 or 5 guitars at the same time, but I wouldnt mind just one rhytm guitar live, with two leads/harmony guitars. Then they would trully be Iron Maiden of death metal haha :)

Actually, they DO play the old stuff :D

Wow, has it been 10 years already since the Reroute? I guess they do :)

Well yeah, I know that there are moments with like 4 or 5 guitars at the same time, but I wouldnt mind just one rhytm guitar live, with two leads/harmony guitars. Then they would trully be Iron Maiden of death metal haha :)

Wow, has it been 10 years already since the Reroute? I guess they do :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LXzR7jovek&feature=related[/ame]

(OK the last one is old but I love this song).

Don't mind the quality, just wanted to show that they PLAY the old stuff. Anyway they just can't play all the songs because they have plenty of them, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I was just joking :) When I saw them 2 years ago, they played Episode 666, Hive and Colony. Not mentioning Pinball map and Only for the weak because they play those pretty often :)

But kudos for effort on finding those links man :)

I know, I was just joking :) When I saw them 2 years ago, they played Episode 666, Hive and Colony. Not mentioning Pinball map and Only for the weak because they play those pretty often :)

But kudos for effort on finding those links man :)

I'd love to see Moonshield, Gyroscope, Artifacts Of The Black Rain and Jotun live ! And Zombie Inc.

There is a recording of AotBR on youtube somewhere. It's from Gothenburg 1999. (I think, can't remember). They played the song insanely fast. I can totally understand them, it's a real fun to play that stuff.

There is a recording of AotBR on youtube somewhere. It's from Gothenburg 1999. (I think, can't remember). They played the song insanely fast. I can totally understand them, it's a real fun to play that stuff.

They play Atrifacts of the Black Rain @ Sticky Fingers of their live DVD, and also @ Malmö Arena, Krofius uploaded it on Youtube.

You mean this one =) It's från Kåren, Gothenburg yes. It was streamed by P3 (Swedish radio station) that has streamed many many IF shows over the years, therefore the good sound =)

Last edited by a moderator:
They play Atrifacts of the Black Rain @ Sticky Fingers of their live DVD, and also @ Malmö Arena, Krofius uploaded it on Youtube.

Yeah, but this is like 20% faster then normal. :)

Bravo, Krofius, that's the one. Great stuff! Like a machine gun! :D

I could've sworn that they played Artifacts on that infamous Aschaffenburg/Koln (its differently tagged everywhere) show back in 1996. You guys even made me search for it on my dvds, since I couldnt find it on youtube :)

Did they? I have that show somewhere (I think), but can't remember AotBR. Great version of Episode 666 though.

One thing that's pleasantly surprised me about the first two leaked songs is the lyrical content. I remember before ASOP came out Disconnected was played on a radio station and when I heard the "I feel like shit, but at least I feel something" line my heart sank. The lyrics for Take This Life were bad enough, but that was really emo and left a bad taste in my mouth that remained as I listened to ASOP - which was littered with really poor lyrics IMO.

Deliver Us and SOAPF are a level above everything on ASOP, which is nice to see. I think the period between Colony - RTR was the peak of Anders lyrical ability and it's gone downhill since then, but these first two songs are a big step in the right direction. Hopefully Anders left his emo tendancies behind for the rest of the album as well :D