In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

FUCK THIS. Only way to do it is to use Proxies but nothing works.
And the clip has been listened to 200 times now, WTF are you doing Finns? RIP it. anzi, I'm dead serious now, you can not get in any trouble for ripping the song, not even uploading it to YouTube, the worst thing that could happen is that your YouTube video is going to be removed. But you are only going to share it with us. Download Audacity and rip it, else I'll find you and rape you in the anus.

FUCK THIS. Only way to do it is to use Proxies but nothing works.
And the clip has been listened to 200 times now, WTF are you doing Finns? RIP it. anzi, I'm dead serious now, you can not get in any trouble for ripping the song, not even uploading it to YouTube, the worst thing that could happen is that your YouTube video is going to be removed. But you are only going to share it with us. Download Audacity and rip it, else I'll find you and rape you in the anus.

Totally agree with that guy.

Yeah Anzi, I think you can't get into any trouble. It's not like you are stealing their promos and stuff. If they aired it, you have the right to rip it. Also, you are not getting any commercial benefit, you are not revealing something that has not been revealed before etc.

About STYE- i like it alot! I'm the opposite of a few guys here... F(r)iend is probably one of my least favourite tracks from the album. Obviously it stands way higher than Bottled. But the rest of the album is great. I don't care whether you call it nu-metal, american metal or what- i just listen to it and enjoy the music. I think STYE was the time when Jesper began to drift from In Flames, creatively at least. That's why, as you guys said, it doesn't contain that 'old magic' that RTR managed to keep a hold of. Technically the songs are much more simplistic, focusing on drums alot (great drumming on that record) and atmospherics/synths with Anders taking the main role as vocalist (as opposed to, say, Whoracle- where the vocals take a back seat to the guitars). STYE is one of my favourite albums for sure, a masterpiece of a heavy-meets-alt metal album.

I think Anders is talented in all of his vocals. The singing on Come Clarity is great in my eyes, the only album he seems to have shown that he has the ability to sing with full-on cleans. Ander has a fuckin' HUGE vocal register. When you look through his career he's pretty much done EVERYTHING, vocally. He definitely has a pair of lungs on him! With the two songs we've heard from SOAPF so far, it seems Anders holds his notes much longer (and i know he can pull it off live, just watch anything from ASOP on youtube and it seems that this clean-scream-yelling is natural to his vocal chords. Else he wouldn't be doing it at all), whereas on ASOP he just seemed to end notes with a whiney drop-off.

I like the Deliver Us video. It beats Alias at least. I thought it sucked at first, but it suprisingly fits the feel of the song and has great imagery. I like Anders' hat though- it suites him, since his dreads were dropped :D

I think Anders has pretty great control over his vocals now. The video I saw of them in 08 doing Alias at the Gammis, he did really well.
I think people might just not like the way his voice sounds, but to be honest, like it or not, he really does have great control, and he experimented vastly with what he can do, between real death grunts, mid shrieks, and high screams, to whispered cleans, and then low doom-like vocals in Only For The Weak, to styles of singing in Reroute, STYE, and Come Clarty, ASOP.

Sounds of a Playground Fading WILL be their best work since Clayman.

A New Dawn is so good. His cleans are great and his 'screams' are like ASOP but so much heavier - no whiny effect at all.

Great melodies and honestly this is AMAZING. Definitely has that unique feel to it. It's like In Flames have once again changed their sound but with inspiration from their older material.

Just listened to "A new dawn": Perfect mix of older and new In Flames plus a brilliant mid-part. So just more exciting about the new album. I hate superlatives but it might be a masterpiece.

Hi there! First post, though I've lurked around here for a couple of years.

I must say, Deliver Us is quite good for what it is, a typical new era In Flames song. However, nothing special.
The title track is a bit better than Deliver Us in my opinion. However, it still lacks in some parts. I don't know what, I think I just don't like the typical intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus-outro song structure. It gets too predictable.

However, this A New Dawn is definitely the best from the album that I've heard so far. I wouldn't call it completely Colony-like, but it's a great track nonetheless.

Looking forward to the new album, even though I don't expect anything near as great as the TJR->Clayman albums.

Hey, the 15 'guests' on this thread... Stop lurking and join the forums :)

Share your opinions.

If you say so. ;)

I stayed up until 7:24 AM waiting for one of you guys to upload "A New Dawn" onto Youtube and now that I'm listening to it...man, I got up out of my chair, held the door to make sure nobody would come in, and headbanged to the point where my neck...somewhat hurts. And I never headbang. It's a fantastic song.

Been a fan of In Flames for years now, own everything by them, and everything I've heard from SOAPF has been amazing so far. I can honestly say that this is the hardest wait for an album I've ever endured.

...Huh. That felt good, actually. Fanboyish or not, those are my thoughts at the moment.

1st post here too. Every page on this thread has been worth the read.

Joonamsm, thanks again for the upload. We appreciate your service to the IF community.

Noob's rant:

Ander's vocals are <<<<PERFECTION>>>>. I own and love everything in flames, old to new. Still, his vocals are the main draw of the band for me. They are truly unique and bring a feel to their music that just isn't found anywhere else. Well, maybe outside Smashing pumpkins :) !!!

Deliver us Video: Weak Sauce

Thanks to all for sharing the new album with us, IF we trust.