In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Awesome someone finally was able to share it with us, gotta say im impressed, to me Anders' vocals sound a little different on this one, in the verses it almost sounds like he's about to break out the old school growl. Looking forward to this album even more now after hearing this.

^Completely agree.

Personally I feel like it's ASOP 'screams' but without that whiny tone to it, making it sound great.

I really have to disagree man, I hear nothing of ASOP in Anders growls on this track. Production wise that shit is right out of CC, his growls themselves haven't sounded that good since Colony. They've been stuck in a high register since Clayman, barring a few parts on certain songs. This is the first song in a long time where he's used those types of lower growls for an extended time... it's great to hear. His growling voice sounds extremely healthy.

I see what you mean. With a more thorough listen, I can probably say that Anders' vocals in the verses are very heavy and 'crunchy' but when the chorus kicks in, I still get that ASOP feel but without the whiny effect.

Wow, i thought Deliver Us and SoaPF were pretty good but a New Dawn is just mind-blowing! Love the violins and Anders' growls :D I think we can be quite sure this album is going to beat asop hard :D

I see what you mean. With a more thorough listen, I can probably say that Anders' vocals in the verses are very heavy and 'crunchy' but when the chorus kicks in, I still get that ASOP feel but without the whiny effect.

Agreed on the chorus, it's (unfortunately) similar to ASOP in that regard, though the cleans also reminded me of the first break ('Follow your instinct...') in System...

There is like 10 pages about Anders vocals. The biggest reason these songs sounds good is björn. I think im not the only one who was worried about this new record because Jesper was not involved. I allways thought jesper was pretty much the guy who made in flames songs and melodies great. You have to give a hand to björns playing and solos so far. Really sounds like hes been practicing alot like he said.

There is like 10 pages about Anders vocals. The biggest reason these songs sounds good is björn. I think im not the only one who was worried about this new record because Jesper was not involved. I allways thought jesper was pretty much the guy who made in flames songs and melodies great. You have to give a hand to björns playing and solos so far. Really sounds like hes been practicing alot like he said.

I agree.

The biggest complaint I have is that I really miss the Fredman sound. Had this song been recorded in such a sound, it would have been even better IMO.

Yeah, the interlude and solo in A New Dawn is very melodic and I really like it.

Too bad this is only a radio rip and because I'm a complete audiophile, I probably won't fully enjoy the song until the actual album is released.

But yes, I can see that Bjorn has done lots of practice and certainly hasn't let the band down... The songs that I've heard from SOAPF is (to me) the best material I've heard from IF since Clayman.

Perhaps the full album could even be on-par with Clayman. Not similarity wise, but music wise.

Perhaps the full album could even be on-par with Clayman. Not similarity wise, but music wise.

I find that unlikely bro... people were saying the same thing when ASOP came out, but I don't think many, if anybody, would place ASOP anywhere close to Clayman now.

I think this album has the potential to be very close to R2R though. Even if this album came out and only had SOAPF, Deliver Us and A New Dawn on it, it'd still be miles ahead of STYE and ASOP :D

I find that unlikely bro... people were saying the same thing when ASOP came out, but I don't think many, if anybody, would place ASOP anywhere close to Clayman now.

I think this album has the potential to be very close to R2R though. Even if this album came out and only had SOAPF, Deliver Us and A New Dawn on it, it'd still be miles ahead of STYE and ASOP :D

But that interlude in A New Dawn... If the rest of the tracks are going to be as good as the title track and A New Dawn then I could say it's their best work post-Clayman.

So far I'm enjoying these 3 tracks more than R2R, STYE and ASOP. I've never been a big of R2R in the first place though :/

Currently for me Come Clarity is probably their best album from their new sound but yeah, if SOAPF continues to surprise me with all these melodies and riffs then it's definitely going to top CC.

But that interlude in A New Dawn... If the rest of the tracks are going to be as good as the title track and A New Dawn then I could say it's their best work post-Clayman.

So far I'm enjoying these 3 tracks more than R2R, STYE and ASOP. I've never been a big of R2R in the first place though :/

Currently for me Come Clarity is probably their best album from their new sound but yeah, if SOAPF continues to surprise me with all these melodies and riffs then it's definitely going to top CC.

I guess it's mostly down to personal opinion, I rate R2R as the best of their post-Clayman work and have CC just behind it. It's probably wrong to rate them based on past albums as everybody's preference will be different.

Regardless of that, it certainly sounds like the most inspired work they've done in a long time. I just hope this isn't a 'false dawn' so to speak :D

I guess it's mostly down to personal opinion, I rate R2R as the best of their post-Clayman work and have CC just behind it. It's probably wrong to rate them based on past albums as everybody's preference will be different.

Regardless of that, it certainly sounds like the most inspired work they've done in a long time. I just hope this isn't a 'false dawn' so to speak :D

Agreed, it's all down to personal opinion but I think I speak for the majority to say that the 2 leaked songs are very good and is a step up from ASOP :)

So far I'm enjoying these 3 tracks more than R2R, STYE and ASOP.

Agreed, I think the quality of the melodies and riffs (not to mention the production quality) has increased tenfold, especially compared to R2R and STYE. Bjorn truly is an amazing songwriter and player, one has to wonder now was it actually Jesper who was holding the band back? Seems hard to accept but judging by these new songs him leaving has only been a good thing for them. Wow never thought i'd say that.

I don't think it was Jesper holding them back at all. Just listen to his Dimension Zero stuff. Also, if you've read the interview with him about The Resistance, it seems he wants to distance himself from the current In Flames sound and go more old school.

Holy FUCK the new song is retardedly good. I love his scream as well, it's way lower than it usually is, it's mid-pitch in the verses also. The intro and riffs before the vocals kicked in seriously reminded me of both Colony & Whoracle, not to talk about the chorus lead guitar...

And that mid section really reminds me off of Older IF as well, fucking awesome shit.

And this is just a poor radio rip, can't wait for the full quality.
This is so far from an ASOP 2 imo...I think everyone can find something to like.
A New Dawn definitely has the OLD IF sound to it and I fucking love it.

Probably not, like I said its hard to believe but you've got to admit that since he's gone the production quality has improved, the riffs are better, and the solo's + melodies are better. Most likely just a coincidence though.

Probably just Björn getting better. It was mostly him writing stuff for ASOP, am I right?