In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Also, about A New Dawn lyrics, in the chorus, I don't think it's ''I can't wait to see the sunrise again'' I think it's ''I can't wait to see the sun rise again''. There is a difference between sunrise and the sun rising.

It might be "sun rise" and grammatically, yes there is a difference. But to be honest, they would both mean the same thing lyrically. To see the "sun rise again" would be to see the dawn, the light, the positive finally emerging again. And to see the "sunrise again" would mean the same thing.

And it sounds more pessimistis/apocalyptic, I approve this :)

I'm not really sure how this seems pessimistic/apocalyptic at all, but maybe I can see that in just the way the lyric sounds? Because the meaning isn't pessimistic at all.

It might be "sun rise" and grammatically, yes there is a difference. But to be honest, they would both mean the same thing lyrically. To see the "sun rise again" would be to see the dawn, the light, the positive finally emerging again. And to see the "sunrise again" would mean the same thing.

I'm not really sure how this seems pessimistic/apocalyptic at all, but maybe I can see that in just the way the lyric sounds? Because the meaning isn't pessimistic at all.
No but I think it has a different meaning actually
Seeing the sunrise again
Seeing THE SUN rise again

Oh well, I do think the actual lyrics are ''sun rise'' though, even if the meaning is the same...
soooo where's episode 4 ;o ?

Will be uploaded at 18.00 CET which is in 50minutes.

I think it's "sun rise" as well. New episode was interesting. Enter Tragedy vocals sounded pretty good, Darker Times riff I didn't really care for though. Of course we can't pass judgement until we hear the full songs.

"You question me? I question you!"

Sounding absolutely badass on that part, I hope they keep it and don't overdub it with a higher scream.

Oh well, I do think the actual lyrics are ''sun rise'' though, even if the meaning is the same...

I do think he sings "sun rise again" as well, but, English being my first language (just because I'm not sure where everyone else is from) they both have the same meaning symbolically and lyrically. But I do agree with you that I think he sings "sun rise", for what it's worth.

Yeah, saw the new episode just recently as well. That Darker Times riff was incredibly generic. However, the other preview of Darker Times in one of the previous episodes sounded pretty good.

I must say that Anders vocals have improved. The little bit we got to hear from Enter Tragedy sounded nice and he even did a deep growl there.

And by the way, this set of studio diaries are like the polar opposites of the ones for ASOP. That one was all comedy and this one is really dead serious haha.

Why does Anders have "part of the plan" in almost every song?

Enter tragedy sounds good. I hope they won't bury guitars under synth layers again. Darker times sounds generic and chugging as hell. And these studio episodes are well made but TOO SHORT!!!

In the latest studio episode at 2.45 it's the melody from "Fear is the Weakness" according to a review writer.

Seriously, I cant wait for this shit any longer, I have no fingernails, I'm pulling hair off my head, not sparta, just madness :/

The current three songs deliver an amazing feeling and atmosphere that in my opinion the last album did not. ...someone leak! I can't wait until my ordered copy arrives... :p

About Jesper's departure. I feel very sorry for him! He's always been and will always be the best member of In Flames of all time in my opinion. I think it's pretty clear now that Jesper wanted to play more metal like the old days but Anders & Co rather wanted to go this new direction, unfortunately. I understand if it's not fun to play in a band that you created and be limited like that. Of course, he wasn't completely limited, but let's say you come up with a nice riff/melody. Then Anders adds whiney vocals about feeling like shit, the band adds samples all over the place and overproduce it. It's not like he could or would say "Hell no, we'll do it my way. Otherwise, I'll kick you from my band!". It's either move along or leave. Sure, he was probably part of the new direction as well but as he said, he felt selfish because he took most of the decisions himself, and therefore let the others have more to say the later years. So I'm not saying he's not to blame at all, but if he had kept taking most of the decisions I think we would have a better In Flames today. It would maybe lead to the departure of Anders instead but that's a sacrifice I'd rather have than Jesper leaving.

At least that's how I interprete that huge interview that someone was kind enough to translate. Maybe I missunderstood, but that's how I think it is. It's pretty clear that it wasn't ONLY about Jesper being alcoholic.

I actually look much more forward to The Resistance album than SOAPF. I hope he'll write some true, melodeath stuff.

And, speaking of that interview with Anders that Krofius posted. I love that Anders has all these ideas for the lyrical themes. That's what Anders does best in my opinion, come up with lyrical themes. It's just too bad that he doesn't present those themes as good in the lyrics themselves. I love when lyrics aren't direct but rather more metaphorical. That's why I think Mikael Stanne and Åkerfeldt are some of the best metal lyricists. Picturing and abstract words and sentences are a pleasure to read and hear.

I hope I don't offend you guys with my post, it's just what I think and some of my opinions. I don't hate In Flames. Otherwise I wouldn't waste time here haha! I'm still looking forward to this album.

EDIT: Fixed some grammar and spelling mistakes.

Haha no worries, I don't think you offended anyone. But I don't really know how to explain, but I have the magazine myself at home, and I'm Swedish. The translation is very good but there is as you probably know, expressions in all languages that doesn't come out as supposed when they get translated.

Alcohol wasn't the only problem, but it was the root of the problem. But in the article it read that Jesper had personal problems that led to the kind of depression that I would call it.

What they meant was not that Jesper wanted to stay with the old sound and the Anders and Björn didn't.

Anders meant more like, Jesper was someone who was a out-and-out metal guy and has tried to just kept a sound.
Anders is a guy who is forward, Björn in the middle and Jesper was in the back, meaning that Jesper really don't listen to new music at all, while Anders is the guy who listens to A LOT of new and different music and Björn is more of the hard-rock guy but still open for a bit of new music you know (Rainbow and all those of his favorite bands), and Jesper is the guy who mostly listens to the same old music he likes and doesn't really look for new music. I don't know if any of what I just wrote made sense, but I'm just saying that it did not mean Jesper wanted the old style or anything, he was still the mainwriter on all albums although ASOP as he said, was much more of a group effort as he asked for the other guys opinions while writing the songs.

When In Flames still was a young band they were all a tight team with the same musical goals. When you grow up you see things from different perspectives. You build up your own idea about the world around you and you will be less influenced by others opinions. I think this is a natural progression, it's so much more than just the music. They want to create something that reflects their lives and thoughts. These thoughts will obviously be very different from person to person at the point in life where each and every member of In Flames are today. That some of us go seperate routes at one point is natural, we are different. We are humans after all. That doesn't mean that the paths can merge again later on.

Deep talk here :p