In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Nothing said on artwork ?
Not one of their biggest fan but i hope they wont let (me) down with this new album. :)

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...93325118_134855083229926_326657_5104098_n.jpg

Members:
Anders Fridén – Vocals
Björn Gelotte – Guitar
Daniel Svensson – Drums
Peter Iwers – Bass Guitar
Niclas Engelin– Guitar

So, Niclas is now officially in the band?

Picture and new line up are from the official facebook page.
WHAT THE FUCK?
I'm fucking surprised as I was told Niclas denied the spot cause he's very much into Engel...and IF stated numerous times that they were a four piece. I guess Niclas changed his mind or something? Hmm. Well I wouldn't call it bad news, just surprising news. Wonder if he's been writing any riffs for the album as well..

Damn man, Anders has changed A LOT. He looks like a lumberjack now.

lol, just my thoughts. I personally don't care how they look at all.

If Jesper wants out, he wants out, sometimes a new member is enough to liven everything up; here's hoping that's the case.

lol, just my thoughts. I personally don't care how they look at all.

If Jesper wants out, he wants out, sometimes a new member is enough to liven everything up; here's hoping that's the case.
Björn has written all the material for this album though.

They could give us a new song already... or the tracklist and cover at least couse damn, I cant wait :D

At least we know that Niclas is a guy who we can rely on- not some upstart young guitarist trying to make a name for himself. My only worrries are what happens to Niclas' band, Engel, now? And maybe In Flames will be left hanging if Niclas has to decide between his own band and IF- it could be a pain.

On the bright side- it's great news! No need for another Passenger album (i'm a fan of the material on their debut album, and i'm interested to see what a metal rendition of Passenger would sound like), although it's a shame they didn't get Niclas earlier because he could have contributed creatively.

At least we know that Niclas is a guy who we can rely on- not some upstart young guitarist trying to make a name for himself. My only worrries are what happens to Niclas' band, Engel, now? And maybe In Flames will be left hanging if Niclas has to decide between his own band and IF- it could be a pain.

On the bright side- it's great news! No need for another Passenger album (i'm a fan of the material on their debut album, and i'm interested to see what a metal rendition of Passenger would sound like), although it's a shame they didn't get Niclas earlier because he could have contributed creatively.
Well it's weird cause less than one year ago Niclas said he would not join IF due to his commitment to Engel...now it seems he's joined recently, and while at the same time, it doesn't seem he's leaving Engel either, I'm really having a WTF moment on this, there is no way he can be in both bands at the same time. I'm very surprised he even joined IF. A passenger album is probably on the way, Niclas said they had like 20 songs already but there's been no time to do anything.

"In 2010 founding member Jesper Strömblad left the band. Jesper who before officially leaving the band took some time off touring and was at the time replaced live by Niclas Engeling (the same Niclas who was temporarily in the band back in 1997). Now it’s 2011 and Niclas has become a full member of In Flames."

From the official website, so yeah, it's all true... Now give us some fucking album details already.

"In 2010 founding member Jesper Strömblad left the band. Jesper who before officially leaving the band took some time off touring and was at the time replaced live by Niclas Engeling (the same Niclas who was temporarily in the band back in 1997). Now it’s 2011 and Niclas has become a full member of In Flames."

From the official website, so yeah, it's all true... Now give us some fucking album details already.

I'm more amused they misspelled his name.

Björn has written all the material for this album though.

I'm a big In Flames fan but I really don't follow what they do at all so, that's reassuring I think? Even if it's not as good, it's good to know at least it's legit, not that it wouldn't be good especially after all this time.

I'm guessing the only reason Niclas decided to officially join the band was the fact that he didn't have to contribute to Sounds of A Playground Fading, due to Bjorn already having written all the material. Which means as of now Niclas is a touring guitarist (so to speak) until the next In Flames record after SoAPF (their 11th album due in 2013?) where Niclas will write collaborate and be 'solidified' as true member of IF. I'm guessing he doesn't mind tour with IF as Engel seem to be recording something at the moment and it should probably be concluded before the festival season begins.

I'm guessing the only reason Niclas decided to officially join the band was the fact that he didn't have to contribute to Sounds of A Playground Fading, due to Bjorn already having written all the material. Which means as of now Niclas is a touring guitarist (so to speak) until the next In Flames record after SoAPF (their 11th album due in 2013?) where Niclas will write collaborate and be 'solidified' as true member of IF. I'm guessing he doesn't mind tour with IF as Engel seem to be recording something at the moment and it should probably be concluded before the festival season begins.

Well I definitely do not see Niclas being able to juggle both In Flames and Engel since In Flames will pretty much tour non-stop for 2~ years after the album now. And actually you know, Niclas said he would not be joining IF 1year ago (think I already said this somewhere but anyways), I have no idea why he changed his mind. And I'm almost certain Niclas joined before the recording process was done at least. Oh well, it'll be interesting seeing if he can stay in both bands. Now finally...GIVE ME SOME FUCKING NEWS ABOUT THE ALBUM PLEASE.

I have a question,i know that episode 666 is song from whoracle album and in lyrics its written destination chaos,but there is another version where the lyrics are different,super mysterious chaos,so im very interested because in flames performed in aschaffenburg that older one and i have never seen that song on their demo,lunar strain,subterranean or the jester race,so if anyone knows when they recorded episode 666 before whoracle.

I have a question,i know that episode 666 is song from whoracle album and in lyrics its written destination chaos,but there is another version where the lyrics are different,super mysterious chaos,so im very interested because in flames performed in aschaffenburg that older one and i have never seen that song on their demo,lunar strain,subterranean or the jester race,so if anyone knows when they recorded episode 666 before whoracle.

Yes, they recorded an Episode 666 demo before Whoracle. Not sure if it was released back then but I know that it was released on the collection-album-thingy called Artifacts of In Flames that came out in 2004. It's also on YouTube. There is some differences in the songs, some lyrics and such, but nothing huge. Don't know if it was a single or if they just had recorded the demo of the song and performed it in Aschaffenburg, either way it's nice :)

I'm still waiting to hear a snippet- hell, anything! - of the new material. It could give us a slight indication of the new direction. I'm getting sick of reading In Flames hate all over the internet, and just want to hear some decent (in my opinion) music.

You'd think In Flames (or Nuclear Blast more precisely) would want to release a single way before the release of the album in order for it spread around and get a following, instead of just releasing the album out of the blue. I'm hoping for an album with a STYE/RTR/Clayman meets Come Clarity/SOP guitar sound and not sure what to expect with Ander's vocal training/prominant clean singing, but hoping for STYE-esque screamed vocals. Basically just a mix of old and new with a fresh twist!

I'm still waiting to hear a snippet- hell, anything! - of the new material. It could give us a slight indication of the new direction. I'm getting sick of reading In Flames hate all over the internet, and just want to hear some decent (in my opinion) music.

You'd think In Flames (or Nuclear Blast more precisely) would want to release a single way before the release of the album in order for it spread around and get a following, instead of just releasing the album out of the blue. I'm hoping for an album with a STYE/RTR/Clayman meets Come Clarity/SOP guitar sound and not sure what to expect with Ander's vocal training/prominant clean singing, but hoping for STYE-esque screamed vocals. Basically just a mix of old and new with a fresh twist!
Well, like I've been answered before. It'll sound pretty much like Sense Of Purpose but different, as different as every album is.

The beauty of In Flames...you NEVER know what to expect. And by the way, they are not with Nuclear Blast anymore, they dropped from the label aka did not renew contract after ASOP. They have an own label called My Sweet Records, I think they'll either release it on that label, or the label they release all the old albums on recently called Good Fight Music.

Also on topic, I'm dying a little bit inside every day of no news at all, I mean wtf, the release date is not far away at all now...should get artwork and/or track listing NOW! :p I think we're gonna hear a single soon though as Peter has a radio program on Bandit Radio (Swedish rock station) and I'm sure he'll play a new IF song when the time is right, in a couple of weeks or so.

I'm alright with not getting any news. I think it would be interesting to listen to the album without any preconceptions about it. Be able to give as unbiased an opinion as possible.