In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

The only reason I can see for reviews being taken down is that once press reviews start coming out it means the promo CDs have circulated and puts people on alert for a potential leak. It doesn't solve the problem in any way as if it leaks people will know about it quickly enough, but it's the only logic I can really think of for doing it :confused:

As much as I liked Deliver Us, I'm still on high hopes that it is not the best song of the album. The only problem I really seem to have with the track is its slightly repetitive.

Yeah i can understand that- although i think for such a short song (i consider 3 minutes to be a song these days) it makes the most of all of its components. The chorus, the main riff etc are all made the most of, whereas in ASOP it seemed all of the guys wanted the songs over as soon as possible. The songs ended (and began) so abruptly that none of the riffs and melodies came forth and shook you, and the whole album didn't have much of a flow. That's suprising considering Soundtrack to Your Escape is, in my opinion, one of the smoothest, flowing albums ever created.

I like Deliver Us because it is everything that makes up the In Flames sound compressed and tightly packed into 3 minutes!

Yeah i can understand that- although i think for such a short song (i consider 3 minutes to be a song these days) it makes the most of all of its components. The chorus, the main riff etc are all made the most of, whereas in ASOP it seemed all of the guys wanted the songs over as soon as possible. The songs ended (and began) so abruptly that none of the riffs and melodies came forth and shook you, and the whole album didn't have much of a flow. That's suprising considering Soundtrack to Your Escape is, in my opinion, one of the smoothest, flowing albums ever created.

I like Deliver Us because it is everything that makes up the In Flames sound compressed and tightly packed into 3 minutes!

I do agree with you there. The song is far more dynamic and deep than lets say, their first single of ASOP: The Mirror's Truth. It does definitely have me clawing at the bits to hear the album as a whole, though.

I already listened the song for 50 times,i converted it to 320 kbps,with my headphones it sounds great :D

Deliver Us gives me a Korn vibe... :erk: :puke:

I'm sorry but, Anders cannot do cleans. He just can't, I even remember watching an interview around the time ASOP was coming out where he discussed his lack of vocal training/preparation and how he "should really start doing that" in order to make his voice sound better. The actual instrumental work is pretty good but it's just killed for me by the vocals.

His vocals are strange. A lot of people seem to either really love them, or really hate them. I'm kind of in the middle, sometimes I think they sound good and other times they just don't. I don't think he covers himself in any glory during the verses of deliver us, but the chorus sounds good.

Just been relistening to Come Clarity(the album), Anders actually gave a pretty damn good vocal performance on that album. Both cleans and screams sound powerful (excluding the title track which have ghastly cleans, though the song itself is still somehow passable), I genuinely prefer him on there to the half-scream/half-clean style he developed for ASOP. I guess his voice just couldn't take much more out-and-out screaming, which is fair enough all things considered.

It's May 6th in Spain. (trollface)

now it's official.
Yep and I just officially bought it as well :p Unfortunately there were no lyrics included ;( They'll be online soon anyways, May 9 you can buy Digital Booklet version from Amazon.

His vocals are strange. A lot of people seem to either really love them, or really hate them. I'm kind of in the middle, sometimes I think they sound good and other times they just don't. I don't think he covers himself in any glory during the verses of deliver us, but the chorus sounds good.

Just been relistening to Come Clarity(the album), Anders actually gave a pretty damn good vocal performance on that album. Both cleans and screams sound powerful (excluding the title track which have ghastly cleans, though the song itself is still somehow passable), I genuinely prefer him on there to the half-scream/half-clean style he developed for ASOP. I guess his voice just couldn't take much more out-and-out screaming, which is fair enough all things considered.

Deliver Us just isn't clicking with me at all. I don't mind a song consisting of only clean vocals, but Anders is no Christian Alvestam. The vocals are the weakest part of the song.

I have to agree about the Come Clarity part though. That album has really been growing on me recently. His cleans are legitimately enjoyable and his screams were still...screams, not the raspy shit he started doing in ASOP. To be honest I'd say Come Clarity is my favorite album since Reroute, perhaps even Clayman.

AntiWiggin, i still wouldn't call Deliver Us' vocals 'cleans'. They are more like the raspy-screams/yells found in ASOP, as opposed to the combination of cleanly sung choruses and screamed verses found all over Come Clarity.

But with ASOP, it was just terrible- Anders didn't sound comfortable in that vocal range, his attempts at singing clean parts sounded whiney (as mentioned before) and thus they were kept to a minimum. It didn't seem like he held his notes very well at all.

But i'm sure i heard somewhere Anders has took vocal training, which would make sense as the Studio Diary #2 clearly shows that they are focusing on vocals alot (a mistake made during ASOP, it seems, was the attention to detail with the vocals and lyrics). I feel that Anders holds his notes WAY better on Deliver Us. I don't listen to Korn so i can't compare them at all, but from what i've heard of Korn- it's just a load of snorting out growled vocals here and there, alongside mumbling barely-clean singing.

As Krofius says: there is still screaming in the other songs (how does the screaming sound Krofius? Like ASOP's rare screams? Or CC/STYE?), i just feel that these vocals on Deliver Us are much more unique than anything any band is going for at the moment, instead of cookie-cutter growls and high pitched screams, and are actually performed properly. They are like the 'second-take' of ASOP's vocals! Flyyyyy into the Distaaaaaaaaance!

AntiWiggin, i still wouldn't call Deliver Us' vocals 'cleans'. They are more like the raspy-screams/yells found in ASOP, as opposed to the combination of cleanly sung choruses and screamed verses found all over Come Clarity.

But with ASOP, it was just terrible- Anders didn't sound comfortable in that vocal range, his attempts at singing clean parts sounded whiney (as mentioned before) and thus they were kept to a minimum. It didn't seem like he held his notes very well at all.

But i'm sure i heard somewhere Anders has took vocal training, which would make sense as the Studio Diary #2 clearly shows that they are focusing on vocals alot (a mistake made during ASOP, it seems, was the attention to detail with the vocals and lyrics). I feel that Anders holds his notes WAY better on Deliver Us. I don't listen to Korn so i can't compare them at all, but from what i've heard of Korn- it's just a load of snorting out growled vocals here and there, alongside mumbling barely-clean singing.

As Krofius says: there is still screaming in the other songs (how does the screaming sound Krofius? Like ASOP's rare screams? Or CC/STYE?), i just feel that these vocals on Deliver Us are much more unique than anything any band is going for at the moment, instead of cookie-cutter growls and high pitched screams, and are actually performed properly. They are like the 'second-take' of ASOP's vocals! Flyyyyy into the Distaaaaaaaaance!
Well they sound similar to the few sreams in Deliver Us.
Definitely not like on CC or STYE on the title track at least. But ropes is 98% clean vocals so no screams there really.
It seems he's doing this thing like in Deliver Us, where he goes from a clean to a scream you know. But I would call it actual screaming in the verses in SOAPF though, but it's of course different as he changes his tones throughout every album.
Btw about the lyrics, I know it's ''Fly into the'' but I tried listening and he never finishes and says Distance, it sounds more Distan, I've been thinking maybe it's ''Fly into the distant'', even though he neither prononounces the ''T'' or the ''ce'' endings.

Well, I've been listening Deliver Us a lot past few days. And I still like it. Much better first single then The Mirror's Truth.

Everything is so much sharper and more energetic then on ASOP. Wouldn't call Anders vocals clean also. It's more of a controlled yelling, still a bit of a scream in there. It's pleasant to my ears. If he can pull it off constantly it will be great.

Drums sound is also fantastic. You can really hear they put a lot of time in it. Also Daniel's work is fantastic. Simple, but it really fits the song. Very tastefully done.

Bjorn's playing also fits the song well, although I (as a guitar player) would like a bit more guitar work. Been listening to TJR yesterday. In there guitars are running the show and vocals are just supporting. On Deliver us it's the opposite. Still, if the song is as good as this, I won't complain.

I think we can say that electronic stuff will be the highlight of this album. Great atmosphere and sounds. It kind of replaces one guitar, but it's still good.

This is as much as you can do with song 3.30 min long.If the rest of the album is as good as this or better, it will be 8.5-9/10 album in my book.

Remind me of the golden Fortress above the sun
Why don't you just stand away from me
For the ever and the path of the ones who names
On the shore
Forever I can't find a find
Struggling in a world of this fine
Or this life
I don't want it to be
I'm not in to live

Fly into the distance

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/i/in_flames/#share

Remind me of the golden Fortress above the sun
Why don't you just stand away from me
For the ever and the path of the ones who names
On the shore
Forever I can't find a find
Struggling in a world of this fine
Or this life
I don't want it to be
I'm not in to live

Fly into the distance

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/i/in_flames/#share

Unless Anders has forgotten how to write/speak coherent English I'm fairly sure those are just guesswork on somebody's part. I hope so anyway.

Unless Anders has forgotten how to write/speak coherent English I'm fairly sure those are just guesswork on somebody's part. I hope so anyway.
Haha yes they are definitely incorrect, there are no lyrics out there yet, as I said earlier I think you'll be able to get the Digital Booklet version 9th May.