In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Personally, I am a big Engel fan as well. I think the guitars are very groovy and catchy sounding, as well as the vocals being hook and catchy. The only problem is, Mangan's vocals hit a little too metalcore at times, especially when he screams.

The only things that remind me of ASOP at the moment are the clean intro and verse riff of Fear Is The Weakness.

Nothing off Fear is the Weakness has anything to do with ASOP, just FYI :D

AFM is the only song that reminds me of ASOP (and STYE). It annoys me in songs like The Puzzle when In Flames do a 'breakdown'. Please stop with that shit and put a melody in there instead, thanks :D

I'm really interested in seeing what songs will be played live, and what songs we all say they should play live instead. And in a few years, what songs will become the "classic" songs from the album.

I'm really interested in seeing what songs will be played live, and what songs we all say they should play live instead. And in a few years, what songs will become the "classic" songs from the album.

Isn't it obvious? The songs that they play live from this record, for years to come, will be all of the singles. I'm almost sure that Where the Dead Ships Dwell will be the next one -- why? Because they're already playing it live, along with Deliver Us, and as we all know, that's how In Flames rolls.

Unfortunately.

Isn't it obvious? The songs that they play live from this record, for years to come, will be all of the singles. I'm almost sure that Where the Dead Ships Dwell will be the next one -- why? Because they're already playing it live, along with Deliver Us, and as we all know, that's how In Flames rolls.

Unfortunately.

I know they'll play the singles. I guess I could've said which ones will be the singles for this album. Dead Ships makes sense. So Dead Ships and Deliver Us will be played, but that leaves at least two more. And fortunately for me, I don't mind if they play all their "hits" because I love those anyway.

I've been absent for a while. Work, plus just listening to the album have taken time. This sounds amazing in the car.

One question I have is where the hell is the cello and violin parts from the Studio Report #5?! It was planned for Darker Times, right? Is it just a layer I missed?

As far as for live songs, I would love to hear Ropes live. Unfortunately, with the way Anders recorded that one, it's very possible that it wont hold the same magic. Dead Ships for sure, and Fear is the Weakness is another standout.

I saw a video of them opening with Chosen Pessimist, so hearing The Attic to at least open a show isn't too far fetched.

Unfortunately.

Not exactly, as Disconnected is more often played live than The Mirror's Truth these days :eek:

One question I have is where the hell is the cello and violin parts from the Studio Report #5?! It was planned for Darker Times, right? Is it just a layer I missed?

DUDE. It's from A New Dawn. :guh:

The greatest In Flames album ever made is Soundtrack To Your Escape! Hands down. The shredding guitar work and the amazing solos....Amazing. :)

What I don't get is the massive hate for the track "all for me" and ASOP-album!? I've been around for about 20 years of metal...yeah I'm 30yo. The track "All for me" is really a Colony song for me! I don't see the "Bottled riff" in it. Anders really shines, also in a Colony way! ASOP is great in my book ( I'm an old fan)! But I guess everybody has their own plan! ;)

Of course there is people that feel bad that their favorite bands are changing, so what? Thats a part of growing (plan?) or lack for good english, trying to be better than their selfs as a band! Also as a songwriter (amature) I tell you that, most of the bands write the music for them self! Atleast i do! :headbang:

I don't know how you feel about music, but I LOVE music for what it is! Not genre, not how brutal it sounds etc. Good music is good, or Godly, or even divine!:devil:

What's really the point here is that, I don't put In flames in the attic (Pun maybe intended). In other words I'm not gonna judge them for what I think they are or was! What's imported to me is if they make good music or not...and in my eyes they have done just that! So far...

But then...

...of course there is room for hate! I've been there (in my early years)! That's really the point of good music, there is always a debate! Think about a world where everybody feels the same, would be kinda sad really. We only would have one kind of music and it would probobly be the most boring band in the whole world...

...Iron Maiden! The band that, well it's seems every In flames fan love!
I don't!

"Seventh son of a...." is a good album! And a few more tracks. ;) I'll guess I'm more of a Metallica fan! :) Well, I don't really know what I'm "ranting" about, guess I feel that some people like music for the wrong purpose!?

I have a better plan, what if everybody who likes SOAPF should listen to ASOP an equal numbers of times. I'm semi-sure that, half the people would at least consider it as not, only a crap album, but atleast could take it seriously! :kickass: I've could also be very wrong, but really? Have YOU ever really listened to it, or was it really somebody elses opinion that set up your mind!? :eek: You cockbeard fuckers!

Sorry for the bad English!

In flames fan/since Ordinary Story :Smokedev:

Cheers! New album is awesome! :hotjump:

I don't get the hate for All For Me as well. I mean, maybe the main riff before the verse can make people think "Bottled", but listen to the dual guitar work during the verse. It's genius. And then the chorus is great and Anders really does a great job vocally. I'm going to have to say that the chorus in Darker Times is probably my favorite right now. I think it has the best rhythm and melody to it, and I really like it later in the song when the "beat drops" and Anders kinda speaks the first line of it and then comes in full.

...Iron Maiden! The band that, well it's seems every In flames fan love!
I don't!

I'm with you on that front, never been an Iron Maiden fan. I enjoy a lot of covers of their songs far more than I do their own. Hell, I love Ceremonial Oath's cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name a hell of a lot.

For old metal, I'm more of a Black Sabbath or Judas Priest fan.

What I don't get is the massive hate for the track "all for me" and ASOP-album!? I've been around for about 20 years of metal...yeah I'm 30yo. The track "All for me" is really a Colony song for me! I don't see the "Bottled riff" in it. Anders really shines, also in a Colony way! ASOP is great in my book ( I'm an old fan)! But I guess everybody has their own plan! ;)

A few pages back I posted a second by second breakdown of why I don't like AFM... check it out :D

have someone heard newest Morbid Angel record ? :D We can ble pleased for SOAPF for what it is compared to newest Morbid Angel :D

P.S DE4life if you want to hear worst song ever - listen to Too Extreme! :D And then consider your decision.

have someone heard newest Morbid Angel record ? :D We can ble pleased for SOAPF for what it is compared to newest Morbid Angel :D

P.S DE4life if you want to hear worst song ever - listen to Too Extreme! :D And then consider your decision.

I prefer Brokencyde - Booty Call to Bottled so I don't know if this song will top it... but I'll check it out when I get home :D

I have a better plan, what if everybody who likes SOAPF should listen to ASOP an equal numbers of times. I'm semi-sure that, half the people would at least consider it as not, only a crap album, but atleast could take it seriously! :kickass: I've could also be very wrong, but really? Have YOU ever really listened to it, or was it really somebody elses opinion that set up your mind!? :eek: You cockbeard fuckers!

I was in the same mindset as you, christ, check the ASOP discussion thread- i was one of the people defending it! But now i've seemed to have had a change of heart and ASOP seems to lack any purpose. We feel that it is a shit album but, hey, at least we feel something!

I'll say this though- The Chosen Pessimist is an underrated song. I'll defend that one song, but the rest... i can't believe is used to enjoy listening to Delight and Angers and Sleepless Again and I'm the Highway :erk: I think i must have matured in my taste of music.

:loco:

I initially loved ASOP when it came out, but I was just hyping it. Later on I hated it.

Now I don't feel so sour about it. It's good for a rock album, not a metal album.