In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I really don't get this: If you express your opinion (that you don't like new as much as old) I'm gonna leave! Seriously, WTF?

Is this aimed at me? Because I think I'm the only one who said I would leave. But I didn't say if people express their opinion. You and I have expressed our opinions back and forth, but in discussions, not arguments. Arguments over the internet are possibly the dumbest thing ever. I like our discussions, not what this started as though, which was just type-yelling back and forth.

Is this aimed at me? Because I think I'm the only one who said I would leave. But I didn't say if people express their opinion. You and I have expressed our opinions back and forth, but in discussions, not arguments. Arguments over the internet are possibly the dumbest thing ever. I like our discussions, not what this started as though, which was just type-yelling back and forth.

I think it was aimed at me.

Playing 3 or 4 songs from TJR in full lenght, without medleys would take 15 minutes. Thats too long when you take into account that the crowd would just stand there, asking themselves "wtf is this shit?".
They simply dont want to play in front of a dead crowd, I get that, but its their own fault after all, its them who gradually stopped playing old stuff.

I think medleys are sweet. The Justice Medley and the Master of Puppets/Sanitarium combo were great. I like them because when you first hear them, you have no clue what's going to happen.

And I still can't understand that argument about playing the songs live. So they did sound good live 'till 2000, but all of the sudden it's not good.
Well did they? ;)
They had to re-arrange many songs pre-2000, but I guess they came to the conclusion that many of those songs they played don't really work live, at least not from their perspective. Maybe fans thinks it sounds fucking awesome but if IF don't, they're not going to play it I guess.

I think it was aimed at me.

Wasn't pointing at anyone specifically guys. Few people said something like that. It's forum, discussions are welcome. Sometimes we argue, sometimes we agree, sometimes everything goes cocks and beards. :)

This thing started with that interview where Anders was talking bullshit, drawntoblack, de4life, kake21 and I just reacted. Few moment later its old vs new again, but that's normal.

Oh, and Krofius, I must says it once again: You have amazing collection of obscure IF videos on YT. Quality stuff.

Wasn't pointing at anyone specifically guys. Few people said something like that. It's forum, discussions are welcome. Sometimes we argue, sometimes we agree, sometimes everything goes cocks and beards. :)

This thing started with that interview where Anders was talking bullshit, drawntoblack, de4life, kake21 and I just reacted. Few moment later its old vs new again, but that's normal.

Oh, and Krofius, I must says it once again: You have amazing collection of obscure IF videos on YT. Quality stuff.

Thanks...many fucking hours spent on google, and uploading videos...But I have like at least 4 times more stuff than I have uploaded, just that many boots have below sub-par audio quality.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Since we're posting live videos, damn Anders is going totally crazy in the beginning, and actually during the whole performace lol:

WTF is going on at around 3:35 lol :D:D:D:D LOL I just saw who it was...It's the Hammerfall guys running with a Midsommarkrans (don't know the English word) it's a Swedish festival thingy, that was on that date (24th June). Fucking hilarious lol. I think it's the first time ever I've seen Peter jumping to OFTW :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my favorite In Flames album in a long time, every song is energetic with good Guitar Lead/Solos . Anders new way of singing really works well and I actually hear Peter playing notes! Job well done boys. By far the strongest post Clay/R2R album.

Artifacts was the first In Flames song I learned.. 9 years ago
Episode 666 is also fun and easy to play!

Those 2 where the first songs that I played live with a band :)