In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

so I decided to put all the IF album titles through Bad Translator, and got this:

Lunar Strain = Runeobeeyseu

The Jester Race = Not Free

Whoracle = Vhorakle

Colony = Smell

Clayman = Kleimann

Reroute To Remain = Continuously

Soundtrack To Your Escape = Starts

Come Clarity = What Will Happen to Clergy

A Sense of Purpose = Report

Sounds of a Playground Fading = Runaway Administration

In Flames = Starts

I don't get it either, but It was a way to kill 5 minutes.

Okay I think I just came three liters in my pants. I quote from an recent interview with Anders:

Blistering.com: What’s the setlist looking like for the Euro festivals?

Friden: We have been doing just a lot of the “hit” songs now, but I’m working on a setlist for when we go out on our own, with some stuff we’ve never played before from the early days. We have to re-work some because we weren’t thinking about playing some of these songs live.

NEVER PLAYED BEFORE FROM THE EARLY DAYS? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Now to the big question! What songs may it be then, I think we can outrule LS songs except Behind Space and Clad in Shadows. But he's saying songs that they never played before...Which makes me think of...Lord fucking HYPNOS?! The only song that hasn't been played from TJR. FUCK this is going to be good. Now onto Whoracle...They've played all songs from that album actually, but maybe Jester Script Transfigured that hasn't been played since 97/98...Oh well, I think it's useless to speculate so much but I do think there's a good chance that Lord Hypnos is going to be played if he really means that they are doing songs from the early days that they haven't actually played. There are only a select few. I hope they play Another Day In Quicksand then, cause I knew they rehearsed it for ASOP tour but never played it, and it has never been played before so maybe the time is right. Sorry for posting my thoughts, I'm just so overexcited by reading this. Maybe Goliath's Disarms Their Davids? Although the lyrics may be a problem tho.

I'd go and see In Flames again if they busted out some more old school material.

They always break out some good stuff for when they actually do a headline tour though, last time I saw them on a headliner we got Insipid 2000, Satellites and Astronauts, Zombie Inc. Dead God In Me, The Jester Race as well as some great new stuff like Vanishing Light. And the time after that they brought back The Hive, Square Nothing, Embody The Invisible and Artifacts. But if Anders is planning this far ahead then I'm expecting something special, and I'm fucking EXCITED! Get a Scotland date on that tour!

They always break out some good stuff for when they actually do a headline tour though, last time I saw them on a headliner we got Insipid 2000, Satellites and Astronauts, Zombie Inc. Dead God In Me, The Jester Race as well as some great new stuff like Vanishing Light. And the time after that they brought back The Hive, Square Nothing, Embody The Invisible and Artifacts. But if Anders is planning this far ahead then I'm expecting something special, and I'm fucking EXCITED! Get a Scotland date on that tour!

Depends where you live. If you're lucky enough to live near one of the smaller venues they play then yeah, you normally do get a few rare ones... however I saw them in London on their last tour and they played almost all hits.

I saw them in '09 in a place of 600 capacity and they played The Hive, Square Nothing, Pinball Map, Clayman, Embody The Invisible. I don't think these are really rare ones but they still played something from every album back to Whoracle. So, DE4life, you're probably right. If so, you should probably move to America because I'm pretty sure all venues they play here are small. :)

I have never seen them, and probably in near future wont :ill: Maybe one day somehow they will manage to play here in Baltics :zzz:

New interview with Peter:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2FmMgi6tnI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I'll admit I like Linkin Park. Well, I like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Their last two albums are complete shit, minus New Divide, if that's on there

Agreed. I still like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but the stuff they put out after Nu Metal died doesnt interest me at all, too soft and bland sounding.

I know Linkin Park get a lot of hate online but they are actually the band that got me into metal. Back in 2001 my friend got me into them, I started listening to all the nu metal and punk rock bands (drowning pool, disturbed, slipknot, korn, blink 182, new found glory, sum 41, etc) then i found metallica, megadeth and slayer, which then led to more aggressive guitar driven stuff (trivium*, testament, machine head, killswitch engage) and eventually I discovered in flames, and melo-death in general. So yeah, hate on LP all you want but if it wasnt for them i'd still be listening to atomic kitten and westlife :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*When I say Trivium I mean Accendancy and The Crusade, I dont like anything they've done since.

The intros to most of the songs in Shogun get me interested then it breaks into this metalcore shit thing and ruins it.

I don't mind metalcore, but I hate how Trivium ruins the technicality of their songs by adding crappy, monotonous riffs.

Listen to Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis. Lots of things happening in the intro. Great bass line and nice harmonised guitars. Then the traditional metalcore shite comes on.
Or listen to Departure on Ascendancy. That intro with the acoustic part is great. And then 0:56 kicks in. That's not bad but then 1:07 kicks and just seriously, what the shit?

I think it's his voice. His cleans are pretty good but his screams are just terrible.
Still, they are miles ahead of any other metalcore band.

Just my opinion :)

I think his screams aren't great; they sound pretty sloppy most of the time. I almost don't understand any words he's singing. But for the most part, I like them when I'm in the mood because they are aggressive and fit the music. His cleans are really good though, in my opinion.

I think it's his voice. His cleans are pretty good but his screams are just terrible.
Still, they are miles ahead of any other metalcore band.

I agree, his screaming on Ascendancy is complete toss. But on Shogun he completely slays. Have you heard the B-sides? He does death metal low-grunts instead of his usual screaming.

I see what you mean, alot of tracks can descend into that kind of riff, like with Torn Between (as you mentioned). But alot of the tracks' riffs aren't so mediocre in my opinion- Throes of Perdition's riff (after the intro riff, the same as the ending riff before the outro vocals) completely slays. And there are some ridiculously great riffs popping up all over songs like Into the Mouth of Hell, title track, Calamity and Down from the Sky.

By the way- i'd like to give this song a mention. Insipid 2000 is Fuckin' beast! :headbang: The passage before and after the solo (2:35 onwards) gives me chills!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trivium are fucking gay :D and Heafy is an awful vocalist. He's a liar, too. Claimed the band never liked the screams, then they suddenly go back to doing them again.

Ember to Inferno is good, Ascendancy I can tolerate. the rest of their material is total shit and it's amazing they're as popular as they are. I've seen them live as support & at a festival and both times they were cack, Heafy is worse than Anders live.

Trivium sounds like they are trying to copy everything that's popular. Oh, we love metalcore... Oh, we love Metallica... Oh, now we're death metal... Oh, but we also love glam rock... Yeah, Pantera rules...

No identity.

I dont really like Trivium at all. I dont think that they suck, I just dont see what other people apparently do in them. They do have 2 or 3 songs that I can listen to though. Definitely wouldnt call them metalcore.