In Flames to tour with Nevermore and Evergrey

Cross-posted from Royal Carnage:

Nevermore and Evergrey are going to be touring the US the following month...I would have never predicted this announcement wouldn't have me flooding my pants, but 1. the headlining band is In Flames and 2. Monday Morning Apocalypse from what I've heard is going to be a shiteater. Of course I'll still be attending, Nevermore will be awesome live as usual, In Flames will throw in some old shit to coincide with their latest falsely advertised comeback, and the new Evergrey will probably sound much better out of from the terrible radio-primed production's hands.

You failed to include Throwdown in the title of this thread!

yeah... it sucks everyone... but Throwdown will be playing AFTER Nevermore and Evergrey.

Demonspell said:
Cross-posted from Royal Carnage:

Nevermore and Evergrey are going to be touring the US the following month...I would have never predicted this announcement wouldn't have me flooding my pants, but 1. the headlining band is In Flames and 2. Monday Morning Apocalypse from what I've heard is going to be a shiteater. Of course I'll still be attending, Nevermore will be awesome live as usual, In Flames will throw in some old shit to coincide with their latest falsely advertised comeback, and the new Evergrey will probably sound much better out of from the terrible radio-primed production's hands.

I dont know if it's your opinion, but anyone that thinks Monday Morning Apocalypse is a shiteater, is a big fat shit eater.

Walter_Langkowski said:
The HOB is bigger than the Metro by about 150 people for attendance. The Vic however is a lot bigger and holds around 1600 if it is jam-packed sold out.

ahh, for real? I thought the HoB was about 2000 capacity... and The Vic must be a lot bigger, in reality, than it looked when I saw Nile/Napalm Death there. It looked about the same size as the Metro.

booB said:
This is one hell of a lineup... I'll be going for sure.

what's wrong with the HOB? I think it's a pretty snazzy place, especially compared to the Vic or the Metro... and it's bigger, to boot.

Just not one of my favorite places to see a show. Plus parking.....

J-Dubya

When I saw EG in Orlando a couple of years ago, they played like a half hour set and I did not care. I was just happy to see them play again.

PLUS...I will get to bring my daughter to the show--I have been promising her EG live for over two years now.

caex said:
I hope it comes to either NC, SC or GA since those would be the easiest to get to for me.

Dude, we are in luck. Myrtle Beach is closer to me than Jacksonville, so HoB here I come.

May 05 - New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
May 06 - Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
May 08 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
May 09 - Jacksonville, NC @ Planet Rock

(Dates from EG forum)

Force10 said:
Dude, we are in luck. Myrtle Beach is closer to me than Jacksonville, so HoB here I come.

May 05 - New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
May 06 - Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
May 08 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
May 09 - Jacksonville, NC @ Planet Rock

(Dates from EG forum)

Cool, looks like I'll be going to the same show as you.

As much as I don't like post-Clayman In Flames, they're a phenomenal live band. Unfortunately, my enjoyment of thier set will be tremendously hampered by a setlist dominated by post-Clayman songs and all the 12 year olds boys windmilling in the pit.

I'm sad to see that Nevermore still can't draw well enough to headline. It speaks volumes about the scene.

Zod

Actually Zod, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they played a fair share of Whoracle & Colony stuff, with a smattering from TJR even (and by smattering, I mean 1-2 songs). Only because it's not the now-typical nu-ish crap lineup they've been touring with, so the R2R & SFYE material doesn't fit as well with this lineup. Meaning, I would bet they'd mold their setlist to better fit the crowd that Evergrey & Nevermore are sure to bring. You think?

Start address: Pompano Beach

End address: House of Blues
4640 Highway 17 S, North Myrtle Bch, SC 29582

Distance: 653 mi (about 13 hours 36 mins)

10 hour drive to see Evergrey do a half hour set?????
(Yeah I know it says 13 hours but they do not provide "crazed motherfucker driver" trip times).

Oh fuck what agony!

COME TO SOUTH FLORIDA PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadeInNewJersey said:
Actually Zod, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they played a fair share of Whoracle & Colony stuff, with a smattering from TJR even (and by smattering, I mean 1-2 songs). Only because it's not the now-typical nu-ish crap lineup they've been touring with, so the R2R & SFYE material doesn't fit as well with this lineup. Meaning, I would bet they'd mold their setlist to better fit the crowd that Evergrey & Nevermore are sure to bring. You think?
I don't think so. I think a very large majority of the folks in attendance will be there to see In Flames. Of those In Flames fans, the vast majority will be new fans (as most of the old ones have been driven away by the new/Nu material). I don't think In Flames' set list will be influenced by the few Nevermore and Evergrey fans in attendance.

My plan is to drink a lot, and hope that the new songs have more intensity live than on disc. Afterall, In Flames has always been one of the elite live bands.

@EmeralSword - I'm sure we'll get one.

Zod

Instead of Throwdown on this tour, how about BEYOND FEAR? Ripper Owens's new band sounds very promising. I love the sample track on his website. BF would've been perfect on this tour! I hope you're right, Zod about a Philly date. IN FLAMES was just through there very recently. I saw OPETH back in October in Philly and when they came back last month, they went to other cities instead of hitting the same previously done cities. I want to see this IN FLAMES tour big time! So, I hope you're right. Either way, BEYOND FEAR should've been on this tour!

Emerald Sword said:
Instead of Throwdown on this tour, how about BEYOND FEAR? Ripper Owens's new band sounds very promising. I love the sample track on his website. BF would've been perfect on this tour!
Keep in mind, tours are built based on their ability to draw a diverse crowd and sell out the arena. Ripper's new band would draw from the same well that Nevermore and Evergrey are already tapping for In Flames.

Zod