"In My World" Appreciation Thread!

I was walking home last night, and I was a little nervous about getting attacked. It's a long story, but the fact is I was a little nervous. To make it worst, I a have laptop in my backpack. I had it in there since I can't bring any music to work, and this is the only thing I could bring so I could listen to my MP3's. I put the thing on Random and as I'm getting ready to walk back home off the train, an Anthrax song comes on. It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure which one. It was off a "Greatest Hits" I had gotten from London, and as I heard Joey go into it, I just started to feel more and more confident. "I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid, No one can touch me, I'm a walking razor blade!"

I wind up rocking out on the walk home to it, and when I get back I check to see it's "In My World". I've gotta say, it was as suprise for me! IT was great hearing this track, and I really like it! I hope they play it live now! :D

-Larry

Yeah, I love that song too, a lot of teenage rage came out while listnin to that song, "Face the Face of Fear, Face the face of death, laugh when others tear, hate when others laugh" Man I Love this song!

I never understood this.....
from in My World....

And you'll always pay a toll
No one gets inside, 'cause
In my world I'm home
An adult at thirteen
My childhood was a dream
A full clout nightmare, a sight unseen
My greatest fear as a kid
One which I always kept hid
Was to come home from school
And find my mother dead

thraxx said:
I never understood this.....
from in My World....

In my world I'm home
An adult at thirteen
My childhood was a dream
And find my mother dead

I think it's self explanitory. The last thing anyone wants to see at that age, let alone age 19, is to come home and see their mother dead.

I guess that's why the song also reaches out to me so much.

The new GO2E version is even better than the excellent original POT version in my opinion though I do miss Scott's intro speech ... THEY GONNA PUT ME IN JAIL... etc etc

In my world I'm home
An adult at thirteen
My childhood was a dream
And find my mother dead

Actually I could always relate to that because my father died when I was 14 so when that came out when I was 16 I could totally relate to it

This song - along with Inside Out - meant a lot to me when going through a personal relationship breakup last year. Helped me a lot too.

In My World is fucking killer.
Especially with JOHN BUSH on vocals (see: The Greater of Two Evils)

tattooedsean666 said:
I hear this song and I think of them destroying the Bundy's home!! :Spin: :headbang:

:headbang: That episode fucking RULED!!!! I'll always remember how cool I thought it was that Joey was sitting on the couch while the band played the song. When he was sitting there wasn't he hitting himself in the face with a can or something?

ThraxDude said:
In My World is fucking killer.
Especially with JOHN BUSH on vocals (see: The Greater of Two Evils)

Sorry, but I think that In My World is one of the songs on TGOTE which John fucked up totally.