In need of samples for indie-rock type music with 4 toms.

Ice Man

Sep 18, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
I know it's a bad move to ask for rock samples in a metal forum, but this forum is the best, so I can't help it. Basically, I'm recording an indie project and the toms definitely need replacing and a healthy snare would be helpful, too. I suppose 3 toms with a pitch-shifted 3rd tom could work, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Of course, I'd love to spring for the Slate samples, but I don't have the vig. Help a brother out!

Regards,
Daniel

I think the toms sound great on the Steve Slate Drums. At least from the demos on his site, the toms sound the best of all the samples. It's usually the other way around. You should def check them out.

hey guys. thanks for the kind words.. we're adding 10 new snares, 5 new kicks, and a set of 4 toms with a HUGE ass floor tom set along with cymbals and sampler mappings for our VERSION 2 software... the toms are f'ing unbelievable.. I usually don't use samples to replace toms in my mixes but NOW I DO! The update will be out soon and is free for all current users and buyers. Ice if you can get a few friends to purchase with you, we have a referral program that can knock off 10 bucks for each person you get us:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/special.html

Here's a three tom set I made from a session a while back. They're nothing special, but you can see if they work for you. If you do end up using them, I'd like to hear how it turns out.

www.sneapforum.CeltiaProductions.co.uk/DeafEar/Dodd-Toms/BillyFloorTom.wav
www.sneapforum.CeltiaProductions.co.uk/DeafEar/Dodd-Toms/BillyMidTom.wav
www.sneapforum.CeltiaProductions.co.uk/DeafEar/Dodd-Toms/BillyHighTom.wav

Thanks for the help bro. The project kinda got pushed back, but I'll throw them into a mix and see how they work!

Regards,
Daniel

hey guys. thanks for the kind words.. we're adding 10 new snares, 5 new kicks, and a set of 4 toms with a HUGE ass floor tom set along with cymbals and sampler mappings for our VERSION 2 software... the toms are f'ing unbelievable.. I usually don't use samples to replace toms in my mixes but NOW I DO! The update will be out soon and is free for all current users and buyers. Ice if you can get a few friends to purchase with you, we have a referral program that can knock off 10 bucks for each person you get us:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/special.html

Thanks for the heads up, Steven! When do you think version 2 will be out? I'm trying like a fiend to get the cash for the samples. Should be soon now.

Dan

I'd give it another three weeks, some of the hits are already in beta test but the cymbal editing and sampler mapping will take a few more weeks. But it will kick ASS.