In Search of Truth vs. The Inner Circle

In Search of Truth by a mile for me. I never really got into The Inner Circle except for maybe two or three songs. Rulers of the Mind and Dark Waters are two of my favorite Evergrey songs. There's just a lot more going on in ISOT, more changes, better songwriting. Also, all the samples on TIS get annoying.

In Search of Truth by a mile for me. I never really got into The Inner Circle except for maybe two or three songs. Rulers of the Mind and Dark Waters are two of my favorite Evergrey songs. There's just a lot more going on in ISOT, more changes, better songwriting. Also, all the samples on TIS get annoying.

I hate all the samples on SDT...it ruins it for me. Dream Theater does that too...I can't stand it.

In Search Of Truth, without a doubt. It's just so much more varied and complex. Although The Inner Circle is a pretty good album, the overall quality of the songs on ISOT is a few notches higher. ISOT also has a kind of mood to it that pretty much none of the other Evergrey albums have been able to match. This is in part thanks to the great production.

While all evergrey albums except MMA would rank high on my list of best metal albums, ISOT may just be my favorite album altogether.

In Search Of Truth, without a doubt. It's just so much more varied and complex. Although The Inner Circle is a pretty good album, the overall quality of the songs on ISOT is a few notches higher. ISOT also has a kind of mood to it that pretty much none of the other Evergrey albums have been able to match. This is in part thanks to the great production.

While all evergrey albums except MMA would rank high on my list of best metal albums, ISOT may just be my favorite album altogether.

I agree...the production is amazing!

Thats a though one! ISOT Wins that one, but its really close! both are awesome albums!

I think "the Inner Circle" is more about emotions... It touches my heart much more than In Search of Truth. However ISOT is a more musically intelligent album. You can bang your head more with ISOT. And Tom sings better in Inner Circle...

I love ISOT...I really like Recreation Day...I really didn't like SD&T...I like the samples I've heard from The Inner Circle...I'll probably give it a try...is it the same guitarist as ISOT and RD? I like him a lot!

I think "the Inner Circle" is more about emotions... It touches my heart much more than In Search of Truth. However ISOT is a more musically intelligent album. You can bang your head more with ISOT. And Tom sings better in Inner Circle...

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. The Inner Circle just has so much more emotion in the vocals..the harmonies, everything.

You won't regret it..every song is just amazing. The last track can get tiresome because it's not much of a song until halfway through but it goes great with the concept of the album.

ISOT by a mile

The production is incredible. Sven Karlsson tearing up the keys (tastefully!), Patrick Carlsson with many badass fills (plus I love the sound of his kick drum), great guitar tone and incredible solos, and Tom at the top of his game. Along with SDT and RD, 100% awesome!
I swear I've heard that album over 150 times in 2007

The Inner Circle has really nice string section arrangements and emotional vocal performances, but It's not lead-orientated and the drums are too simple, which brings the coolness factor down a bit. Still a 90% effort though.