"In the mist she was standing" made me cry

Patterns in the ivy
Jun 22, 2006
First of all, i'm a quite cold person. I never cry. That's why this was so special.

Anyway, i smoked some grass. Not that much, but i got baked enough.
Then i went home.
I was alone, it was in the middle of the night and the neighborhood was quiet, so I could really concentrate on the music.
I listened to some songs, they were all great but not that special.
When winamp jumped to In the mist she was standing, which is one of my favourite songs, i really felt it coming to me.
I closed my eyes and just listened. As the song went on (With anger the winds blew, giving wings to my stallion), some CEVs appeared.
I rode on this winged horse through a forest, with the band by my side, guiding me.
But the CEVs wasn't the key thing. It was just that i could really see the genious and beauty of the song.
The beauty was so overwhelming that i started to cry.
I cried for a few minutes until "And as a forlorn soul, it will fade away". After that part i "woke up", totally exhausted by the experience that had lasted for like 5 minutes.

I know that weed enhances your sences and feelings, and that i probably wouldn't have cried if i hadn't smoked. But it was a wonderful experience never the less, and i wanted to share it with other people who understand good music.

So what do you think? Has Opeth ever made you cry? ^^

Dude, whoever gave you that weed laced it with something. Seriously.
And no, I've never cried because of an Opeth song, but I have cried during one. I was having a pretty rough time (won't go into details and no, it wasn't anything to do with a relationship or some emo shit like that) and I listened to To Bid You Farewell so...yeah.

@Lightning: I believe it's you who's got some awful stuff wherever you live. And was it the song that was the "Drop that made the glass overflow"?
@ASU: ?
@Nadavnaz: The weed isn't the point dumbass...

Mä;6047122 said:
@Lightning: If you've never got CEVs from smoking weed, you've either had the wrong setting, or some awful stuff.
@ASU: ?
@Nadavnaz: The weed isn't the point dumbass...

Hey, I'd think this story is pretty nice, if it didn't include taking weed. People don't take it seriously enough to discover the concequences.

Not neceserally long range...

Oh, and I once got emotional over the end of demon of the fall "just one second, and i was left with nothing. her fragrance still pulsating thourhg damp air... That day came to an end, and she had lost in me her credence" Beutiful lines...

Hey, I'd think this story is pretty nice, if it didn't include taking weed. People don't take it seriously enough to discover the concequences.

Not neceserally long range...

Oh, and I once got emotional over the end of demon of the fall "just one second, and i was left with nothing. her fragrance still pulsating thourhg damp air... That day came to an end, and she had lost in me her credence" Beutiful lines...

Yeah, well my health is my own problem, and also has nothing to do with the topic.

Beautiful lines indeed. I have just discovered MAYH. Really like Demon of the fall, Credence and Epilogue. Brilliant stuff.

Mä;6047153 said:
Yeah, well my health is my own problem, and also has nothing to do with the topic.

Beautiful lines indeed. I have just discovered MAYH. Really like Demon of the fall, Credence and Epilogue. Brilliant stuff.

Health has to do with everything to my opinion. But I don't think anyone can be convinced through an opeth forum to stop taking weed...

I love mayh :) great album, epic-story telling

Health has to do with everything to my opinion. But I don't think anyone can be convinced through an opeth forum to stop taking weed...

I love mayh :) great album, epic-story telling

Haha yeah. I love all Opeth songs, which is one of the main reasons why i really admire Opeth above all other bands. They have released 8 albums without one single bad track. So, when i rate Opeth songs i can't compare them with other bands, cuz they would all just get top score :S But MAYH and Orchid are the best. The last part of The apostle in triumph is godlike.

thats awesome ma. music makes me cry every once in a while, especially on a good occasion. music + weed = awesome. taking drugs is a matter of self control...if you don't feel right, don't do it. if it makes you feel good, thats great, and you should continue.

thats awesome ma. music makes me cry every once in a while, especially on a good occasion. music + weed = awesome. taking drugs is a matter of self control...if you don't feel right, don't do it. if it makes you feel good, thats great, and you should continue.

I couldn't agree more. I don't like people who judge things before they try them.
Almost all my friends have tried smoking. Those who didn't like it don't do it again, those who like it do. That's how everything should be. Freedom :)
And yes, music + weed is great. Don't smoke too often though, It's nice to be able to enjoy music without weed aswell :p

Mä;6047122 said:
@Lightning: I believe it's you who's got some awful stuff wherever you live.
I live in Humboldt county dude.

"Humboldt is the nexus point of the whole growing movement," said Steve Bloom, senior editor of High Times Magazine, a New York City-based publication distributed worldwide and dedicated to the complete coverage of marijuana.

"It's kind of like Napa to wine," Bloom said. "Mendocino and Humboldt are the Napa and Sonoma of marijuana country. There's no doubt about it, it's got the No. 1 reputation in the country. The people who left San Francisco and other parts in the '60s came up here and started doing the growing and established the whole growing industry.

"It's grown here as long as I can remember, as long as anyone can remember," said Dave, who used a fictitious name. "Even in the '60s this area was known all over the world for the amount of potency that we had compared to everything else."

'Nuff said.

"just one second, and i was left with nothing. her fragrance still pulsating thourhg damp air... That day came to an end, and she had lost in me her credence" Beutiful lines...

Its not only the lines, but the context of the time ive been to that made me cry.
those lines exactly just tore something inside me... got everything out...

(not an opeth song, but French Teen Idol's, called The Longest Night. really got me emotional...)

קח בחשבון שאני לא בן אדם רגיש במיוחד, הייתי במסע לפולין ואני בין ביחידים במסע שלא בכו בשום מקום לאורך המסע.

You expect support for smoking weed?

ugh. don't go there. just shut the fuck up. seriously. a board full of people that likely either drink alcohol or smoke tobacco and you're going to say marijuana is bad. need I point out the astounding absurdity?

When i was young I smoked some strong weed and it opened my eyes for goa trance music,(i really hated it before!!) Then i was on a 5 month vacation in Thailand and smoked some weird weed shit.. and i got some seious anxiety attacs. I've would have rather killed myself then get lost in that "psychosis" that the f**king weed gave me! .. weed can open your eyes for new music and you can hear music from a perspective you've never heard before BUT it's definitively not worth to take the risk! I have MANY friends that have died because of shitty drugs. F**k it!

When i was young I smoked some strong weed and it opened my eyes for goa trance music,(i really hated it before!!) Then i was on a 5 month vacation in Thailand and smoked some weird weed shit.. and i got some seious anxiety attacs. I've would have rather killed myself then get lost in that "psychosis" that the f**king weed gave me! .. weed can open your eyes for new music and you can hear music from a perspective you've never heard before BUT it's definitively not worth to take the risk! I have MANY friends that have died because of shitty drugs. F**k it!

Psychosis? What's that? And are you telling me your friends died from smoking weed? I don't know whether to laugh or to cry...