In the white (acoustic)

strangedays

Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
I just want to say that that I think that the acoustic version of In the White has to be one of my most favourite Katatonia songs, I really feel the power in this version and after learning the chords on my acoustic guitar find it such a great song just to sit and play at night 10/10.

The original version is my favorite track on TGCD, but this acoustic version is fucking nice as well, I really dig it!

I'm no big fan (at all) of electronic beats too, especially in this music.
It's not bad in this song, but I think it would've been much better with just acoustic drumsound.
btw, anyone else noticed the Anja-Garbarek-feel to this song? I hear it in the 'strange' chords

Vincent J. said:
It's not bad in this song, but I think it would've been much better with just acoustic drumsound.
btw, anyone else noticed the Anja-Garbarek-feel to this song? I hear it in the 'strange' chords
Sound well. :saint:

Just recieved my copy of the single... now I know what you're all talking about (;

Vincent J. said:
I think it fits the way it is... ... the whole song gets a completely different atmosphere... for me it's less painful as the original but more resignend (?) ... and in one word: beautiful.

Hobo said:
indeed..
i honestly dont like the original at all, but the accoustic one is just awesome..
it would fit realy good on LFDGD i think.

Agreed completely, the original one simply bores the hell out of me, i never understood why so many people praise it so much...the accoustic version is waaaay better, imo.

^^No, it is not, IMO, it sounds a bit like those old carroussel songs, the heavy parts don't fit the song at all, tgcd has masterpieces like my twin, follower, rusted, increase, july, all better than In the white, well, i find in the white to be one the worst katatonia tracks ever...but it is just an opinion.

i aint play this said:
^^No, it is not, IMO, it sounds a bit like those old carroussel songs, the heavy parts don't fit the song at all, tgcd has masterpieces like my twin, follower, rusted, increase, july, all better than In the white, well, i find in the white to be one the worst katatonia tracks ever...but it is just an opinion.
When it's just your opinion how can you then say "No, it is not" ... ignoring what the mourner13's opinion is, huh?!!!
I think we now all got it that you dislike the album version of In The White ... so well yeah, your opinion, okay fine... we accept that, so now it's your turn to accept that there are people out there thinking this song is a true masterpiece...
There's not everyone feeling the way you do

BloodySwan said:
When it's just your opinion how can you then say "No, it is not" ... ignoring what the mourner13's opinion is, huh?!!!
I think we now all got it that you dislike the album version of In The White ... so well yeah, your opinion, okay fine... we accept that, so now it's your turn to accept that there are people out there thinking this song is a true masterpiece...
There's not everyone feeling the way you do

Lmfao, what the hell...i said IMO just after typing ''no it is not'', what is wrong with you? learn to read, i am allowed and free to express my opinions, what is your point anyway? now, when i say ''it is not'' it means i'm ignoring other people's opinions? it just means, that ''i'', don't think it is a masterpiece...clear?
Plus, did i say that everyone should not like it? wtf...
And no, it is not my time to accept anything cause i'm not starting shit with anyone...