In the white (acoustic)

In the White happens to be, imo, one of Katatonia's all-time greatest songs...EVER! The beauty and power it possesses is just unrivaled by today's standards in music. Why oh why is this band still sitting in the shadows is beyond me...this should be the best-selling band in today's music world.

In the intro, I am treated to an awesome, subtle but beautiful guitar melody through the lyrics "are you in or are you out." The playfulness about it is amazing, but it is strikingly haunting in a way at the same time.

Then, the song feature perhaps one of the finest choral melodies I have heard in a very, VERY long time -

"To Overcome this, I become one with, the quiet cold of late november, if you don't see i'll remain unseen until there's time to be remembered...." -

Just...too damn beautiful for words.

Is the urban dub well done? Of course it is - it's an awesome, unique take on an awesome song. But, the original has it beat imo.

i aint play this said:
i said IMO just after typing ''no it is not'', what is wrong with you?
I tell you: You put too many commas everywhere... sounds if the "imo" just belongs to the following words *lol* ... No need being aggressive anyway ^^

Alcapoth said:
Then, the song feature perhaps one of the finest choral melodies I have heard in a very, VERY long time -

"To Overcome this, I become one with, the quiet cold of late november, if you don't see i'll remain unseen until there's time to be remembered...." -

Just...too damn beautiful for words.

indeed! this song along with 'for my demons' and beautiful 'black session' is my all time fave katatonia song!
Listen to Ben Christophers song 'before the winter parade', and you will hear
some similarities... no rip of, but surely some great influences.

Alcapoth said:
Is the urban dub well done? Of course it is - it's an awesome, unique take on an awesome song. But, the original has it beat imo.
I haven't heard the urban dub jet, but soon i'll guess.
I’m waiting impatiently for the delivery of 'the great cold distance' (vinyl) with this bonus track.
anyone got this delivery?

Alcapoth said:

Man that chorus is really what haunts me!!!It's the most beatiful chorus I've heard since I'm Nothing...When I heard these words I really had the feeling of a punch in my stomach!!!It's just perfect...

CHORDS!!!

I only bothered working the start out so far but here it is:

Drop tuning down to C

then play as if you were playing these chords:

Am C G

There you go, it gets you going

BloodySwan said:
I tell you: You put too many commas everywhere... sounds if the "imo" just belongs to the following words *lol* ... No need being aggressive anyway ^^

Oh, i´m a menstruating man, don´t bother me:mad:

Oi il have none of that abuse towards one of the Nicer residents. Your giving your state a bad name. Go to wendys or something and cool down with something that will hurry up that heart attack your due. run along now charlotte..

right,I suppose this is when the alliance of katatonia board regulars comes in and stands up for one another.

considering nothing in this thread was aimed at him I dont see why he felt the need to bust in like some sort of moral administrator,its like oinkness coming here and attempting to speak down to you,if you dont know who I am talking about consider yourself lucky.

I dont appreciate being called a dick by some random ass just because he is too sensitive to comprehend a sarcastic comment,if he chooses to brand me a dick that for a simple joke he can screw right the fuck off.

and im not here to win some pat on the back from a fucking stranger,I joke around in the majority of posts and I dont feel the need to have to explain myself for that,if it goes over your head its all for the better,the only reason im giving an explanation in this case is because I actually respect this band and board,and do frequent it from time to time.

:err:

speak your mind if you will,but im done polluting this thread with shit that doesnt pertain to it.

Chill doods!! i don't think commence did anything disrespectful at all, just a random silly joke, maybe he wasn't even trying to be an arse...=p

the mourner13 said:
Man that chorus is really what haunts me!!!It's the most beatiful chorus I've heard since I'm Nothing...When I heard these words I really had the feeling of a punch in my stomach!!!It's just perfect...

I'm glad someone is as passionate about this song as I am. Yeah, in all honesty, the entire song is rather haunting...in more ways than one. And, I hear ya about the whole "punch"-feeling in your stomach. Yeah, the melody REALLY does take a hold of you. Man, words don't even give it justice - i'm glad it's a melody that I won't grow tired of anytime soon. Countless plays over and over have proved this.

Frith said:
indeed! this song along with 'for my demons' and beautiful 'black session' is my all time fave katatonia song!
Listen to Ben Christophers song 'before the winter parade', and you will hear some similarities... no rip of, but surely some great influences.

Niice!!! Man, thanks a whole lot for that. I now will be looking forward to hearing this song by Ben Christophers.

Commence Destruction said:
right,I suppose this is when the alliance of katatonia board regulars comes in and stands up for one another.

considering nothing in this thread was aimed at him I dont see why he felt the need to bust in like some sort of moral administrator,its like oinkness coming here and attempting to speak down to you,if you dont know who I am talking about consider yourself lucky.

I dont appreciate being called a dick by some random ass just because he is too sensitive to comprehend a sarcastic comment,if he chooses to brand me a dick that for a simple joke he can screw right the fuck off.

and im not here to win some pat on the back from a fucking stranger,I joke around in the majority of posts and I dont feel the need to have to explain myself for that,if it goes over your head its all for the better,the only reason im giving an explanation in this case is because I actually respect this band and board,and do frequent it from time to time.

:err:

speak your mind if you will,but im done polluting this thread with shit that doesnt pertain to it.

1. Oinkness is the worst and has been 'pwned' by both Blakkheim and Mikael Akerfeldt. So i know who he is, what a doofus, he has been Banned thank god.

2. If you think Jokes should ever be aggressive in any sense then you should probably revise the way it has an effect on people when you start using vulgar language and terms. As you were obviously upfronted by my little comment which could be considered as one of your Jokes. Play Nice.