Incantations of the Apprentice vs. The Turning

Which song do you prefer?

• Total voters

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
I thought I'd take what most consider to be the two weakest songs on The Odyssey and make them fight to the death. Which song do you prefer?

The two standard neoclassical tracks that every Symphony X album seems to possess (Bird-Serpent, Dragon's Den, Witching Hour, etc.)...on the Odyssey, I'd have to go with Incantations for that manic intro and awesome stop-starts, although The Turning is also underrated, great chorus and Romeo/Pinella duel...

The Turning

"The Turning" does seem somewhat clumsy at times... but the main riff is tenacious, the drumming inspired and I love Russell's aggressive vocals.

"Incantations" is my least favorite song from the album... I love the manic intro... the guitar is superb... but most of the song I find unspectacular... and the chorus is quite forgettable.

[QUOTE='Shuggah]My vote goes to Incantations as well. I like the lyrics better. And as an old DooM fan, I just gotta vote for the song that mentions "barons of hell". :D[/QUOTE]

DooM! I still play that game! There's a model pack online which makes all the monsters 3D...DooM actually LOOKS good! But yeah, I remember the Barons of Hell part...I thought of DooM right away!

I voted for the Turning, because of the title =], Its so easy to remember, the Turning, instead of Incantations, who haw time to write out Incantations of the Apprentice NOTE: I copied and pasted the title because its too long to type out..

Another unrelevant topic by UrinalCakeMiX....