LEAST favourite Symphony X song(s) on albums you own...

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
(Not a thread for the fanboys)

Ookay let me see here:

The Damnation Game:
Savage Curtain​
(Excellent riff, that's all I like about it)
The Divine Wings of Tragedy:
Pharaoh and Witching Hour​
(Pharaoh I simply can't stand.
The witching hour just bores me, also chorus sounds very strange)
Twilight in Olympus:
Church of the Machine​
(The song itself I think sounds very different than their other stuff, but the chorus I think seems to sound too stiff/boring/
"where the hell's Russell?"'ish for me)
V:
Rediscovery Part I​
(Not a big instrumental fan I guess, was a hard pick)
The Odyssey:
Awakenings and Incantations of the Apprentice​
(Awakenings I thought was okay at first but gradually disliked it more and more with each listen... Incantations of the Apprentice... I'll be honest, I absolutely fucking hate this song)
And there you have it. No hard feelings to any fans of the songs of course. Just my opinion.​

Ok I'll give this a shot

The Damnation Game
I don't really hate any of the songs on this, but I don't love many of them either (this is my least favorite album by SyX, but thats not sayin much)

The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Love every song on this album, I could listen through the whole thing for hours and never want to skip a song.

Twilight In Olympus
Sonata bores me, good thing its only a minute or so long. Other than that, the vocal melodies on "Orion - The Hunter" kind of bug me.

V
Do the segue's count? I love every song on this one!

The Oddysey
Incantations seems out of place on this album for some reason. Still not that bad of a song, just not one of my favorites.

I really don't dislike very much of anything the band has done.

the only thing i don't like by symphony x is symphony x (the album). redone, i think it would be great... except shades of grey... that song is just...bad news man. and i don't really like sonata either, but that's ok. everything else i can listen to. symphony x is great. i will blindly love anything put out by them (lol... kinda joking, but also pretty true!!)

Accolade II is the only Symphony X song I really dont like. Accolade I is my favorite, and I really thing the second one has elements of the first one that have been altered and made worse. I think that just took the best song ever and ruined it. Just my opinion though.....:p

Damnation Game - For some reason, I just can't fucking stand the Haunted. Russell sounds out of key during the chorus or something.

Divine Wings of Tragedy - This album is nearly flawless but Witching Hour is cheesy at times.

Twilight in Olympus - very poor production. I'm not a fan of the chorus in Orion the Hunter.

V - This album fucking crushes. No songs on here suck (Divine Wings is still better overall though!).

Odyssey - Although the 1st minute of Incantations of the Apprentice is amazing, the verses are just kinda dumb.

EDIT: PHARAOH DOMINATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inflamer said:
... Pharao is the black sheep ...

Pharaoh's curse upon you!!! This song is raw metal, and I love it.
They even spelled it correctly
tongue.gif
(duh)

"Witching Hour" has a screamin' mean Romeo solo.

There's only one SymX song I don't like - "Secrets". Ewww. I skip over it. :)
wavey.gif

Bring on the flames, but lately I have been bored with Divine Wings of Tragedy. (the song) While "the Odyssey" keeps me entertained and wanting more, I feel myself just waiting for DWOT to end. It's just not as exciting and dynamic as "The Odyssey" is to me. But that is right now, I will probably change my mind in a year or so.
All the others songs on DWOT I like very much.

Others?

Shades of Grey (That chorus has got to go)
Incantations (good, but not as good as the rest)
The Relic (The intro screams Yngwie, and I don't like Yngwie's songs)
Savage Curtain (Good song, cheesy lyrics/chorus)
Rediscovery II (It's good, but its just too good to handle after the whole album)

Anyway, all of these songs are good, but they are just not as good as the rest of the songs on the album. Which means there is not a single bad SX song.

some of the stuff just puts me to sleep. 5ive is a slower album so... but all of their stuff rules. They are the best band on Earth.

I'm surprised not many have the debut, it's definitely worthj checking out, it is Sym X after all :) I really like the song Secrets too, don't hear anything wrong with it. It flows very nicely and that riff in the outro just rules :headbang: There's not any songs I dislike by the band but I'll try and do my best here:

S/T - Shades of Grey
The song just plods along and Tyler's vocals are weak which is not what Sym X are about.

The Damnation Game - Savage Curtain
Hard to pick a song from this album but I chose this song because the chorus is rather tame.

The Divine Wings of Tragedy - Sea of Lies
I know I'll get flamed for this but although the riff during the verses is killer and the mid section is class prog metal, I usually find myself desperately waiting for Out of the Ashes which was one of the first Sym X that made me sit up as this was my first Sym X album.

Twilight in Olympus - The Relic
I just feel this is the weakest song on the album, well it doesn't do as much for me as the rest.

V - On the breath of Posiedon
Same as The Relic. This album is a masterpiece.

The Odyssey - The Turning
It hasn't enough good moments as the rest of the album IMO.

s/t - Taunting the Notorious
Annoying tune.

DG - Winter's Dream pt 1
Chorus is fine, but they could have made it shorter.

Divine Wings - Pharaoh
I don't enjoy the chorus very much, while the rest of the song sounds pretty good. All in all superior album

Twilight - Orion the Hunter
Chorus is weird...
...in a bad way.

V - some of those prologues are bit too much otherwise great songs.

Odyssey - I guess Incantations is my least favorite at the moment, but it's not a bad song in any possible way.

Man, I wonder why nobody likes "faroo" (uh-oh mispelt)

I love it. I's my 4th favourite in DWoT