New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2007
Youngstown, Ohio
can anyone recommend me albums from these bands?:

Frontline Assembly
Skinny Puppy
Front 242
My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult

also additional band/album recs would appreciated, as I'm a n00b at this.

Controlled Bleeding - Knees & Bones

It's industrial noise, and you might know it already, but it's one of the absolute best fucking examples of this.

Front Line Assembly - Epitaph
Funker Vogt - Killing Time Again
:wumpscut: - Wreath of Barbs (amazing)
God Module - Artificial 2.0
Icon of Coil - Machines Are Us (amazing)
VNV Nation - Empires
- Futureperfect (both amazing)
Assemblage 23 - Defiance
Amduscia - From Abuse to Apostasy
C-Drone-Defect - Neural Dysorder Syndrome
Carbon 12 - Very Harsh Frequencies
Flesh Field - Strain
Grendel - Inhumane Amusement
Hanzel Und Gretyl - 2012: Zwanzig Zwolf

Most of what I mentioned is either Futurepop, Aggrotech or some form of EBM, Hanzel Und Gretyl being the exception.

Skinny Puppy

I've only heard Bites, but it was pretty good.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult

Check out Kooler Than Jesus.

also additional band/album recs would appreciated, as I'm a n00b at this.

Ministry rules. Try Psalm 69. Excellent industrial metal. If you want more of a pure industrial sound, try The Land of Rape and Honey.

I also like the Revolting Cocks, which the bandleader of Ministry was also involved in. Big Sexy Land and Beers, Steers and Queers are both good.

KMFDM was awesome with Skold, so I'd say get Symbols, and also Nihil.

meh, Skold is lame, and he was only involved on one song on 'Symbols'.. But, I think 'Attak' is a pretty good album, and that has more involvement from him (that's not why it's good..it's more cause of Lucia), so that's a better rec for KMFDM with Skold tbh...

In Slaughter Natives - Enter Now the World

youdontknowme will most likely hate this based on other music that he likes, but other people who are interested in real industrial with atmosphere should check it out.

this is the only stuff I could find for the Mortal album, posting because it's just sort of an elusive group and you can cut to the chase in hearing it. It's not the standout song I really wanted to put up, but it's something. The other songs are more atonal and don't have any sampling resembling guitar like this does. I'm sick of all the Advent Children amvs btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Slaughter Natives - Enter Now the World

youdontknowme will most likely hate this based on other music that he likes, but other people who are interested in real industrial with atmosphere should check it out.

This album is pretty awesome, for sure. :)