Info on Krank Rev. Jr and Krankshaft OD

GuitarHack

Krank it UP!
Sep 3, 2006
Victoria, Australia
Here's some details from the Krank forum from Krank themselves:

revJR.jpg

"We've gotten a ton of e-mails and calls on the new Rev Jr. micro stack and Krankshaft overdrive pedal that are both coming out in late April/early May so here's some info.

The Rev Jr. Mini Stack is a professional studio quality rig featuring a 20W all tube dual channel head (2 5881's, 3 12AX7's) with boost switch and active tube-driven effects loop. One thing we should mention is the 1x12 solid poplar wood cabs (same construction as their big brothers, the Rev and Krankenstein 4x12 cabinets) will handle a 100W head for home studio use, serving multiple purposes. The full stack will be $899 MAP, $699 MAP for the half stack (*NOTE: the head will not be sold separately). The Rev Jr. delivers great tube tone backstage, in the studio, at intimate club gigs or at home where volume and space can be an issue.
Also coming is the Krankshaft overdrive, a very hot-rodded tube screamer-type pedal that sounds great as a front end lead boost or as a dirty sound on a clean channel. That will MAP at $129.

Both got rave reviews and were listed as some the top items seen by the various guitar magazines this past January at Winter NAMM 2007. For any further inquiries please feel free to hit us up with a message here or e-mail us at sales@krankamps.com."

And-does it sounds like revolution?

With only 3 preamp tubes (instead of 4), and only 6 knobs, I don't know how it could.

Normal Rev Dirty Channel has:

Pres (maybe Global, the Amp Manual is vague)
Sweep
Bass
Mid
Treb
Master Vol 1
Master Vol 2 (not necessarily needed)
Gain

which is 7 commonly used knobs (8 total) to twiddle. If it is the Sweep that they did not include ( I don't know if it is, just saying), then it just will not sound like a Rev. IMHO.

Wouldn't mind trying the Krankshaft though.

Looks to me like they ditched the MV2, not the sweep, thank god.

I REALLY want one of the heads! And honestly, $700 new is not at all that expensive if it sounds like a Rev1 and comes with a 1x12 cab. Hell, shove a V30 in it, since the head is only 20w, and you've got a killer little recording rig.

they should sell the amp without the cab and put a damn stand by switch on the head!

Standby switches are unnecessary on amps with the type of power supply these have. Look at epiphone valve jr, fender blues jr, soldano astroverb, etc. none of them have one.

has anyone played one of these fucking things yet?

i've been looking at getting both a lower-wattage amp and either a 1x12 or 2x12, and this would solve both for only $700...

Man, I just checked on the pricing I can get this baby for ... totally going to do it. Super cheap, and that review linked above was awesome.

I've got one of the Rev Jrs.... serial number 25 in fact.

It sounds pretty good - definately has the "krank tone." I'm still trying to get used to the controls on the amp. It's set up a little different... For example, one of the knobs has two different functions depending if you are using the kleen channel (servers as the master volume) or the krank channel (serves as the gain and there is a seperate master volume). I think they were limited in design due to how small the head is. In addition, the tube driven effects loop has a big impact on the sound - I'm still trying to familiarize myself w/ this amp.

I've been really busy lately but i'll try to post some clips.

In fact, if anyone has a DI'ed guitar signal I can reamp it through the Rev Jr - that way you don't have to hear my awful guitar playing - haha

that review that mood bender linked to was quite helpful

the clips sounded pretty good, even though there was a LOT of audible clipping on some of them...not the fault of the amp, though

i was especially impressed with the tones of the hard-driven clean channel...it sounded so...i dunno. nice.

sorry to bring up an old thread but i was wondering if anyone has picked up one of these since the last post and what you thought of it, does it actually sound like a revolution or what?

sorry to bring up an old thread but i was wondering if anyone has picked up one of these since the last post and what you thought of it, does it actually sound like a revolution or what?

I just got one, but now I wish I'd waited to het the Rev Jr Pro which has just been released. Here's a crappy video I made just days after getting mine. unfortunately camera mic doesn't capture the amps true tone well.
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=tv4kapCQhRc[/ame]

this guy posted a vid with his mic'd which sounds great. killer licks too.
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=R8AAO1GYGeg&feature=related[/ame]
:headbang: