Insomnium anyone?

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
I've been listening to these guys pretty much all day, well when I'm not listening to the new Dark Tranquillity, and I'm curious if A) anyone else has heard them/thinks of them, and B) more importantly, what Jonas thinks of them?

Why did I single Jonas out? Well, I consider Skyfire & Insomnium 2 of the "3rd wave" of Scandinavian melodic death bands that are important for carrying the torch into the future. Everyone knows the big bands from the mid-90s. But without new blood, then scene will rapidly grow stagnant. Besides, who doesn't love great new music? Anyway, thoughts, comments?

hi mark ;)
i'm here just by chance - so don't greet me too much, i'm shy :lol: - and i'm happy to know you like those guys.
their album is really good, old amorphis influenced, clearly.
i'm not sure which was the band, but i think at least two of the insomnium' guys play together in another band... or they have a double :D

last but not least, damn good cover!!

hey mourningstar! :D :)
finally, insomnium get one or another attentive ear :Smokin: I didn't have much success on TBL forum, some months ago...

Jonas, for shame!

Go and RUN right now to listen to them. Or something. It's a super album and I figured you guys in the band would know of them. Much like ignorant people say Skyfire is a CoB clone, the same ignorant people say Insomnium is an In Flames clone. I mean, sure the music has similiar influences, but a clone? Nah.

Let us know what you think!

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry, hi Val! ;)

I just found out about this guys last week and Ive been listening to thier music. I like it and I am gonna buy the CD. The title of it comes from something in The Silmarillion I think.

They're excellent! They also have a little bit of a Sentenced feel.
It's strange how much a country seems to take part in vocal timbres.
I mean this guy reminds me so much of old amorphis and sentenced vocals and, surprise, they're from Finland! And I think the same usually about bands from Sweden. I'm part Swedish and I've been told my vocals sound very swedish influenced, yet the fact that I live in Miami doesn't fool them! hehe

Originally posted by Charlie E.
They're excellent! They also have a little bit of a Sentenced feel.
It's strange how much a country seems to take part in vocal timbres.
I mean this guy reminds me so much of old amorphis and sentenced vocals and, surprise, they're from Finland! And I think the same usually about bands from Sweden...

Agreed. But then again, I love pretty much every contribution Scandinavia in general has made to metal.

I have decided that sometime in the next couple of days, I'm gonna buy "In the Halls of Awaiting" and "Dead or Dreaming" by Into Eternity from the end records. @ Markgugs, have you heard Into Eternity, what do you think of them? Actually anyone that has heard Into Eternity please respond with your thoughts.

I'm not even sure what kind of metal they would be. The singer uses a clean voice in most of the songs I've heard but sometimes growls. The music isn't that heavy but I still like it alot. I read somewhere that they are a mix of Opeth and Iron Maiden.