Instrumental 'Lyrics'

tryeruew

My Own God
Mar 23, 2005
When The Walls Come (Go) Down is listed as an instrumental (because nobody is singing) yet there are some heavy words being said. Where can I get a transcription of those words? I noticed there isn't any reference to them so I assumed they were all original, but maybe they were taken from a movie or something?

That is my favorite song on the disc and I'd like to read the words.

There are other words sprinkled around in various songs on the disc as well that are not acknowledged one way or another.

Any help?

:worship: ---->Tom Englund ....

... just kidding Tom. I just saw the smiley and thought it was wonderfully ironic considering the subject matter of The Inner Circle.

i read somewhere (i wish i could find it) that said the voice of the priests on the album were clips of real pastors. i'm not 100% sure, but i think most of it was just taken from somewhere to drive their point. the clips on When the Walls go Down might be more of that. but the way it fits the tempo so nicely could indicate that they made it. i'm not entirely sure either...

Bunch of us tried transcribing the preachy bits last year; this is what I have for that song. Can't promise it's 100% accurate though. *g*

Lord, if you don't help me I can't get through this. I can't. Lord I'm too old for games. Please. And I'm tired of rhetoric. Meaningless rhetoric. It never changes things. Lord, please help me. Help me.

I was feeling God's praise! And I never had anything that's been any worth to God in my 50 years, that wasn't born in agony! Never! Never! Dead, empty. And I know that sermons won't do it. I know that even revelation won't do it, covenant won't do it. I know now, oh my God do I know it. And tell (?) I have been in agony. And tell (?) I have been anguished over it. I'm preaching sermons, oh God! I broke down, and I wept. And I mourned. Does it matter to you at all? I can't handle this. I can barely make it as it is.

Little by little you're losing...the love of God, the love of Christ! People I know that...were my friends and I see them go one by one, some of my closest friends. You're changing! You know what you were. You're changing! Little by little something's happening to you. Will it bring you to your knees? That's all the Devil wants to do, you have to fight out it of you, and kill it! So you won't labor in prayer anymore, you won't weep before God anymore. Go to Hell! No weeping, not a word of prayer, it's all ruined! You're laughing. This is life and death. When the walls go down, ruin sets in.

Where the tears? Where's the mourning? Where's the confessing? Love of Christ, the agony of God's heart. We have sinned.

[edited because I saw a couple things that were wrong]

Mostly correct, I think there are a couple of sentences that are 2 seperate phrases or 2 phrases you have as sentences, but a damn fine job:

Lord, I'm too old for games, foolishness
Until I hit agony, until I have been anguished over it

tryeruew said:
When The Walls Come (Go) Down is listed as an instrumental (because nobody is singing) yet there are some heavy words being said. Where can I get a transcription of those words? I noticed there isn't any reference to them so I assumed they were all original, but maybe they were taken from a movie or something?

That is my favorite song on the disc and I'd like to read the words.

There are other words sprinkled around in various songs on the disc as well that are not acknowledged one way or another.

Any help?

:worship: ---->Tom Englund ....

... just kidding Tom. I just saw the smiley and thought it was wonderfully ironic considering the subject matter of The Inner Circle.

www.darklyrics.com/e/evergrey.html

Knock yourself out, I'm pretty sure the "lyrics" are there.

Thanks guys.

rockon.gif

theunforgiven246 said:
everytime i hear him saying "GO TO HELL!!" i just start laughing... i cant help it, its just damn funny to me. anyone else like that too? i also love that song, its awsome, i love the keys in it.

Actually, I do believe that is the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra, not just keys... However, correct me if I'm wrong

http://www.evergrey.net/album-innercircle.php

Go look under guests

Ok first off i think i have some corrections:

I was feeling God's praise! -- should be, I was feeling God's pain! (to me that sounds more like it)

And tell (?) I have been in agony. -- should be, And untill I I have been in agony.

I can barely make it as it is. -- should be, I can barely make it in today.

Until I hit agony, until I have been anguished over it -- should be, Until I am in agony, until I have been anguished over it

lol - I just copied-and-pasted that from somewhere last year; I think it's elsewhere in the forum.

We had some discussion about whether it was pain or praise - I'm pretty sure it's praise, because while the S isn't clear, the PR is. Makes more sense in context with "never had anything that's been any worth to God" too.

A lot of words just aren't very clear. "Confessing" could also be "concessing."

Here are the samples from the songs as best as I can understand them.

From “Ambassador”
Obey my voice and I will be your God!
Empty, helpless, wounded and weak, I am without strength.
Where’s the Holy Ghost you promised me?
Hallelujah!
Lord God.

From “In The Wake Of The Weary”
If you obey in the power of the holy ghost…
…the blood of Jesus is your only merit…
We have the whole world full of people who don’t know Jesus…
… that also_____ in my sight.

From “The Essence Of Conviction”
A little baby is born. Hallelujah. This little baby is going to be the messiah. He is going to take away the power of sin. God plants a cross right on the doorstep of the throne of Satan. No longer can he hold you with guilt, condemnation, and fear. He has no power to do that any more, and if you are under condemnation and fear, then only the blood can best him. Say, “Devil, you can’t condemn me anymore. I’m not a condemned man, I’m a free man!” We have to kill the baby.

From “Faith Restored”
If you are one of those people who believe that they cannot be free from the bondage of sin – I'm not talking about perfection, but you do not believe that you can ever be free, then there will always be bondage in your life - then I have nothing more to say to you, this message from now on will mean nothing to you.

From “When The Walls Go Down”
Lord, if you don't help I can't get through this. I can't. Lord I'm too old for games. Please. And I'm tired of rhetoric. Meaningless rhetoric. It never changes things. Lord, please help me. Just help me.
I was feeling God's pain! And I never had anything that's been any worth to God in my 50 years, that wasn't born in agony! Never! Never! Dead, empty. And I know that sermons won't do it. I know that revelation won't do it, covenant won't do it. I know now, oh my God do I know it. Until I have been in agony. Until I have been anguished over it. I've been preaching sermons, oh God!
I broke down, and I wept. And I mourned. Does it matter to you at all? I can't handle this. I can barely make it as it is.
Little by little you're losing...the lamb of God, the love of Christ! People I know that...were my friends and I’ve seen them go one by one, some of my closest friends. You're changing! You know what you were. You're changing! Little by little something's happening to you. Would it bring you to your knees? ‘Cause hat's all the Devil wants to do to you, to get fight out of you, and kill it, so you won't labor in prayer anymore, so you won't weep before God anymore. Go to Hell! No weeping, not a word of prayer, it's all ruined! You're laughing. This is life and death. When the walls go down, ruin sets in.
Where are the tears? Where's the mourning? Where's the confessing? The love of Christ. The agony of God's heart. We have sinned.

I just had a listen through The Walls... and I think this is it, maybe ;)

Lord, if you don't help I can't get through this. I can't.
Lord, I'm too old for games, foolish games.
And I'm tired of rhetoric, meaningless rhetoric that never changes things.
Lord, just help me. Help me

I was feeling God's pain!
And I've never had anything that's been any worth to God in my 50 years
that wasn't born in agony! Never! Never! Dead...empty...
And I know that sermons won't do it.
I know that Revelation won't do it, Covenant won't do it.
I know now, oh my God, do I know it.
Until I hit agony, until I have been anguished over it,
I'm preaching in sermons, oh God!

I broke down, and I wept. And I mourned.
Does it matter to you at all? I can't handle this.
I can barely make it in today.

Little by little you're losing it...
The love of God, the love of Christ!
People I know that were my friends
And I see them go one by one, some of my closest friends
You're changing! You not what you were
You're changing! Little by little something's happening to you

Will it bring you to your knees?
That's all the Devil wants to do,
Is get the fight out of you, and kill it!
So you won't labor in prayer anymore
You won't weep before God anymore
Go to Hell! No weeping, no prayers, it's all ruined!
No laughing. This is life and death.
When the walls go down, ruin sets in.
Where are the tears? Where's the mourning?
Where's the confessing Love of Christ?
The agony...of God's heart
WE have sinned.

ciao

RagingRazer said:
Raine, I think your transcription is the only right one...

Nah, I dont understand (agree) on the "lamb of God" part, nor the "Cause hat's all the Devil wants to do to you", what's that? And for sure it's not "You're laughing", sorry Raine, although (of course) you could be right ;)