interesting comment

sounds_of_decay

New Metal Member
Jul 28, 2004
QLD, Australia
''Breaking The Law''- The mother of all heavy metal videos from the 80's. The Priests, armed with guitars, are robbing the bank! says:
but also in your opinion, Opeth are good

where dead angels lie says:
and they are

try to argue

come on

''Breaking The Law''- The mother of all heavy metal videos from the 80's. The Priests, armed with guitars, are robbing the bank! says:
rightio

well, opeth try to be all intellectual and senstive, in the same why cradle of filth try to be evil, if you havnt been able to see already, they are te goths of black metal, the pussysof black metal even

The ignorance of this comment shat me off so bad that i joined this forum for moral support... What the fuck am i meant to say to someone so ignorant?

This forum is insanity. Tons of people in here love Opeth, yet knock Priest...or almost just as bad...havent even heard them...and continue to knock them. To be perfectly honest...Opeth would NOT exist if it werent for 5 absolute staple bands: Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Bathory, Morbid Angel.

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
This forum is insanity. Tons of people in here love Opeth, yet knock Priest...or almost just as bad...havent even heard them...and continue to knock them. To be perfectly honest...Opeth would NOT exist if it werent for 5 absolute staple bands: Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Bathory, Morbid Angel.

You need a job or something, there's more to to life than this forum..... sorry I had to pay you back....poo face....

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
Dude, you really have to take it easy before you get the entire UM community onto you. It seems that in every thread related to musical genres/tastes I read here, you're firing up a shitstorm with someone.

Opeth may well be fans of Judas Priest and that's fine - I don't mind them. A majority of Opeth fans may well not like Priest, and that's fine too, as Opeth have developed their sound to a point where these old influences on them are almost indistinguishable. Metal has come a long way from the cock-rock and glam of the 70s and 80s, and I think Opeth are almost iconic of the new age of metal we're experiencing now; I think it's forgiveable in some instances to let Opeth fans ignore Opeth's roots.

I think they're definitely iconic of the new age of metal... Extreme metal kinda needs its paradigm shifts and Opeth is probably the best example of a successful one (imo).