INTO ETERNITY in my movie theatre!

Yeah, I prefer the paper tubs to the paper bags crap that does not hold as much movie delicious popcorn!

Bags are a real, real pain in the ass - both for theatre staff and for the customer.

For the customer, they leak butter through the bottom (no matter how "sealed" the company claims they are, they always f**k'n leak!) and they don't "stand up" on their own ... ie, if you place them on the floor, they'll fall over and you're out your popcorn.

From a theatre standpoint, they are difficult to serve efficiently -- once again, they don't stand up on the counter very well when you present them to the customer, it's difficult to fill them all the way to the top and they are a b**ch to inventory! Try counting 1000 bags at the end of the night when you are tired and irritated. :puke:

Tubs are great. They are more expensive and take up more space, but they are much easier to serve and better for the customer. I will always have tubs at my theatre.

Yup, that's probably way more than anyone ever wanted to know about the movie concession industry! :zombie:

Bags are a real, real pain in the ass - both for theatre staff and for the customer.

For the customer, they leak butter through the bottom (no matter how "sealed" the company claims they are, they always f**k'n leak!) and they don't "stand up" on their own ... ie, if you place them on the floor, they'll fall over and you're out your popcorn.

From a theatre standpoint, they are difficult to serve efficiently -- once again, they don't stand up on the counter very well when you present them to the customer, it's difficult to fill them all the way to the top and they are a b**ch to inventory! Try counting 1000 bags at the end of the night when you are tired and irritated. :puke:

Tubs are great. They are more expensive and take up more space, but they are much easier to serve and better for the customer. I will always have tubs at my theatre.

Yup, that's probably way more than anyone ever wanted to know about the movie concession industry! :zombie:

The extremely sad thing is me nodding along while reading this due to the foil bags that Sonic used for their burgers/ anything that goes into a hot god boat. You'll never know the horror of trying to slide in four chili-cheese dogs without getting any chili along the top of the bag. :zombie:

Yeah, IE in your movie theater, how cool is that? Can't wait to see 'em(again) w/Dark Tranquillity in 2 weeks!

Bags are a real, real pain in the ass - both for theatre staff and for the customer.Tubs are great. They are more expensive and take up more space, but they are much easier to serve and better for the customer. I will always have tubs at my theatre.
(....)

No, it was interesting, but the REALLY IMPORTANT, CRITICAL question is......do you have those realllly cool self-service butter taps that customers can use to drown their popcorn in deliciously decadent butter.......or do you make us poor slobs dependent on the buttering whims of your concession staff? :lol:

No, it was interesting, but the REALLY IMPORTANT, CRITICAL question is......do you have those realllly cool self-service butter taps that customers can use to drown their popcorn in deliciously decadent butter.......or do you make us poor slobs dependent on the buttering whims of your concession staff? :lol:

I run one of his 3 theatres, not the one pictured, but we all have the same butter machines. They are not self serve, the staff put on butter and then if the customer wants extra butter, then we accomodate that.

Brent

i wish the company who owns our theaters in town (Carmike) would go back to the tubs for the very reasons you listed!!! TUBS RULE!:worship:

The extremely sad thing is me nodding along while reading this due to the foil bags that Sonic used for their burgers/ anything that goes into a hot god boat. You'll never know the horror of trying to slide in four chili-cheese dogs without getting any chili along the top of the bag. :zombie:

I just had flashbacks to my McDonald's days when I was in college! :zombie:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was cleverly phrased!

I am afraid the very disappointing answer is no, I do not, but my staff is trained to butter both the middle and the top of popcorn, unlike most multiplex staffing that simply does a couple of shots on top.

I actually had one of those self-serve things at one of my other theatres and it just made a mess! The problem is that people way, way over-butter their stuff and it ends up being everywhere ... on the counter, on your floor, on your carpet. Imagine cleaning up an auditorium after a big showing and knocking over a bag on the floor and having butter just flow out of it like you just spilled a pop. I am not kidding, that's what used to happen.

It was at that point that I said I would never install another one of those ever again! :yuk:

you lucky son of a bitch. I hate you for owning a theater. lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's nothing that you couldn't do if you really wanted to. If there are any vacant theatres in your area and you want to run one, drop me a line. I'll tell you exactly what you'll need to start it up and run a great theatre! :cool:

To anyone reading this thread, I would highly recommend running your own business - no matter what it is. It's a great feeling to get out of bed in the morning and be working for yourself. If a big gangly power-metal dork like me can do it, so can you!

i wish the company who owns our theaters in town (Carmike) would go back to the tubs for the very reasons you listed!!! TUBS RULE!:worship:

For a while, the bigger chains in my area (MN) were offering a big refillable bucket that cost an obscene amount of money, like $6 or $7. It was a 170oz tub which is just a friggin monster. I've noticed now however that Carmike and AMC have stopped doing that and only a company called "Marcus Theatres" (based out of Wisconsin) still do it.

You know what is even better though than the generic tubs are the tubs that I sometimes special order with movie graphics on them. They are plastic and have little handles on them. The customers love them! I usually sell out of those almost instantly after I get them in. Unfortunately they cost 3X as much as a paper bucket, so I usually only order them for the bigger films.

Nathan

Hiring quality people? Always! :loco:

Tammy, if your new job doesn't work out, you can always move to Minnesota where a theatre management job awaits you. That is no joke.

After all, I've already hired one person off this forum and it's worked out pretty well, right Brent? :lol:

Damn straight. I just got home from your slave quarters... I mean The Plaza (the theatre of his that I get to run...) Hahaha. I wouldnt go back for the world, I love it up here, and he is right. If I have this feeling just from running a business almost singlehandedly, then I would have an amazing feeling owning it or one for myself.

Brent

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was cleverly phrased!

I am afraid the very disappointing answer is no, I do not, but my staff is trained to butter both the middle and the top of popcorn, unlike most multiplex staffing that simply does a couple of shots on top.

Well, actually, that's pretty cool, too.

We shall allow you to live.

For now. :lol: :lol:

I actually had one of those self-serve things at one of my other theatres and it just made a mess! The problem is that people way, way over-butter their stuff and it ends up being everywhere ... on the counter, on your floor, on your carpet. Imagine cleaning up an auditorium after a big showing and knocking over a bag on the floor and having butter just flow out of it like you just spilled a pop. I am not kidding, that's what used to happen.

It was at that point that I said I would never install another one of those ever again! :yuk:

Well, when you put it that way, I'd scrap the buttery-goo[d]ness kiosk, too! :heh:

And I pop my popcorn fresh every day to boot ... beat that, AMC! :heh: :heh: :heh:

Nathan, you are undeniably the King of Movie Theater Popcorn! Though I loathe butter on mine, you have mastered the system! :lol:

Tammy, if your new job doesn't work out, you can always move to Minnesota where a theatre management job awaits you. That is no joke.

I'd LOVE to manage one of your theaters!!! are you kidding?! o_O I'm about this close ---> | | to taking you up on that offer! I'm not working for Mustang anymore, so... it didn't work out, but there are many other benefits from moving to TX. I'll let you know when I'm this close ---> || I'll happily return to the north and work for a badass theater with a kickass friend! :tickled: Thank you for the offer!