Into Eternity Reviews

well, it makes my PICK of the DECADE. I wasn't a huge fan of "Dead or Dreaming"... mainly I found the clean vocals annoying... man, did they fix that aspect of their sound... this is the PERFECT album.

well i saw into eternity in winnipeg and all i gotta say is theyve been my fav band ever since the new line up is awsome and my buddies said they put on an awsome show and i had to miss it :(

well since im new to hearing the band, i think their great! great prog/death vocals except for the black vox sound too much of metalcore vox :yuk: , the vocalist should improve on it, hopefully.......

the band should separate parts for vocals cuz sometimes on the songs it's not needed to immediately go death metal for about 5-8 seconds then do prog vox.

if into eternity were considered to be the next opeth then they should do some acoustic interludes, the sing with some cleansinging vox(not prog vocals)

I don't like black and metalcore vox either, but I've never heard them in IE.. maybe you mean Tim's, his voice is the highest of the 3 "death" (or whatever, except clean) voices. I compare him to Chuck Schuldiner more than any black or hardcore type of singer though.

I'm not sure what you mean by seperating parts, their trading off the death and prog parts, even for seconds, is their trademark and what makes them so special?!

and the Opeth thing, hmm that was something of the label... they're not the next Opeth, they're just Into Eternity (who actually do acoustic things too btw) :D . Also wondering what's the difference between clean and prog vocals to you?!

As you see I find a lot of your post confusing :erk:

im not confused....im ok...both prog and clean vox are different, prog vox is like for example steven wilson's vocals(Porcupine Tree)that sounds like those 70's bands you know Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Camel. Clean Vox is singing, gently and softly for instance ,Lars, of the band (Winds), power vox is what into eternity uses as a vox, with the high-pitch singing.I don't even know why you don't like black metal vocals, well I didn't like it at first, but I got used to it, you should start with this band WINTERSUN, GET THE DEBUT ALBUM OR CHECK THEM OUT ON THEIR WEBSITE!!!
here it is(sorry I couldn't give you a direct link)
http://www.kolumbus.fi/jarimetal/wintersun/wintersun_news.htm
CHECK THEM OUT!!! MARLIES

Actually I have noticed a little bit of Metalcore vox from Into Eternity, but it is only occassionally do I notice it too much. But they're vox often reminds of something Nevermore would do, but much more perfected. It's mind blowing how perfectly this band is produced. It's like a bands dream to sound like this.

Is it totally wrong for me to consider Into Eternity as power metal.

MetalNoob said:
Is it totally wrong for me to consider Into Eternity as power metal.

Yeah.............it is. I feel no power metal in our music - and have never considered any of it to be power metalish at all! Musically or lyrically.

Verano said:
well since im new to hearing the band, i think their great! great prog/death vocals except for the black vox sound too much of metalcore vox :yuk: , the vocalist should improve on it, hopefully.......

the band should separate parts for vocals cuz sometimes on the songs it's not needed to immediately go death metal for about 5-8 seconds then do prog vox.

if into eternity were considered to be the next opeth then they should do some acoustic interludes, the sing with some cleansinging vox(not prog vocals)

Metalcore? what are u talking about? i'm sorry i'm just not hearing it. How into eternity do vocals is just fine. they're doing it how they want to do it and lots of people like it. why would they want to sound like opeth? i'm sure they can fit many aspects into their music but lengthing the amount of time they use one type of vocals so they can be considered the next opeth is ridiculous.

Just got back from the opening Gigantour show in Boise, ID. I went there specifically to see Into Eternity, and I wasn't dissapointed. I'd have loved them to be able to have played a longer set, but I knew going in they'd probably only get about 3 songs.

The stuff from the new album sounds great! Can't wait for October 3rd. Into Eternity seemed to be the first band that the crowd really got in to. Or maybe it just seemed that way because it was the first band I got in to. The rest of the bands there were awesome as well. If anybody has Gigantour coming near them I'd definitely suggest you attend. Or, even if it's not visiting a city near you. The guy behind me in line drove 5.5 hours from Portland to come to the show.:headbang:

I have the feeling that a lot of (probably newer/younger) metalfans label all normal, traditional metal as power metal these days..

Shumphrey, thanks for your post! Do you remember how many (and which) songs they did play?

they just gotta know the roots, so for anyone who doesn't know in this thread/forum heavy/traditional "originated" with maiden/priest, power is more from helloween, thrash from bands like slayer, metallica, testament (maybe not the originals, but the oldest and most widely known bands i can think of from the genres)

Marlies said:
I have the feeling that a lot of (probably newer/younger) metalfans label all normal, traditional metal as power metal these days..

Shumphrey, thanks for your post! Do you remember how many (and which) songs they did play?

They, of course, played Severe Emotional Distress. They ended the set with Beginning of the End. And they played 1 or 2 other songs, which I can't for the life of me remember. One of them may have been Torn, but I'm certain at all.

shumphrey said:
They, of course, played Severe Emotional Distress. They ended the set with Beginning of the End. And they played 1 or 2 other songs, which I can't for the life of me remember. One of them may have been Torn, but I'm certain at all.

It probably wasn't "Torn." I've been begging Tim to bring that song back for years and he still hasn't worked it into the set yet. Of course, if you only get 4 or 5 songs on Gigantour you might as well play your most current songs.