Welcome to Royal Carnage

Hey, my deutsch is rusty too. I wrote Grus Gott first, but it goes against my grain to include "god"... so Gruse is just plain old greetings.

Papa Josh said:
You're not missing much, unless you want to hear a second rate Shadows Fall...

Dude, that's SO wrong. They're similar, but really nothing like. And in 1 more album, it won't matter, since Shadows Fall is determined to move closer and closer to metalcore, whereas BTE is much more interested in reawakening the more traditional styles of metal they grew up on.

Not to mention, BTE has been around just as long; it all came down to Shadows being seen by the right person at the right time, and voila! Century Media pushing them through the roof, while Metal Blade has been sleeping on BTE. Only time will tell...

lizard said:
I'm influencing my son for the worse...he's got the Godzilla game for game cube, and has switched the language to German! I asked him why, he said, Dad, everything sounds cooler in German!

Cute. He sounds smart! :) Do you ever teach him German words or phrases? I've already bought a few multi-lingual tapes/videos/toys for my daughter (who is only 1!). I'm sure I'll go overboard. :p

yeah, no kidding. I was a language whiz kid. Now I feel so DUM. I took a very beginner level Japanese class a couple of years ago and I remember nothing.

markgugs said:
Dude, that's SO wrong. They're similar, but really nothing like. And in 1 more album, it won't matter, since Shadows Fall is determined to move closer and closer to metalcore, whereas BTE is much more interested in reawakening the more traditional styles of metal they grew up on.

Not to mention, BTE has been around just as long; it all came down to Shadows being seen by the right person at the right time, and voila! Century Media pushing them through the roof, while Metal Blade has been sleeping on BTE. Only time will tell...

What are you listening to?

Shadows Fall has taken a clearly LESS metalcore approach on their most recent album, 'The Art of Balance'. It is a much more thrash related album than it is metalcore. The only thing metalcore about it is the somewhat metalcore sounding vocals. They even have ballads on it . . .

Agreed that The Art... is only partially metalcore, but half those songs just seem that way to me, especially with the new vocalists approach/style. Though I'll admit to perhaps being biased here.

<-----see avatar

I also felt The Art... was Shadows Fall's worst album.

Erik - I'm obviously biased but I think your signature looks excellent with those banners next to each other.

And thank you for helping promote the 'zine.