Welcome to Royal Carnage

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Welcome,

Check out the webzine at www.royalcarnage.com covering all aspects of underground metal, new and old, with reviews, interviews, articles, live reports, and even top ten lists from 2002!

Reviews - loads so far, including Falkenbach, Tiamat, Children of Bodom, Rapture, Kamelot, Sentenced, Ancient Rites - too many to list right now, but as you can see, a BROAD spectrum.

Interviews - Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy, and Henry Moreno from Imagika.

Live Reports - Opeth, NYC, January 2003.

Top Ten/Five Lists of 2002 - from all staff members.

We've been online for about 48 hours(!) and we have eight staff members on board - some of which frequent UM already. :D For more details on the team, check the About Us page on the webzine.

Otherwise please feel free to use this forum for discussions on anything related to the webzine or the world!

We hope to update the webzine on a daily/weekly basis.

Thank you!

JayKeeley.

I just realized we're the LAST forum on Ultimate Metal, if you look at it from a top-to-bottom view. So we're either at the bottom of a steaming pile of dung or we're the easiest to find. Take your pick.

Weird, I just noticed this. Very nice site, although that Opeth play on words on the front page is awful :)

Who is Erik on here? His playlist beats all of you by miles.

'allo Doom. The Opeth play on words came from your fellow Brit, just so you know. Blame it on Monty Python or something.

And Erik, well, you'd be surprised (or maybe not so surprised) to find out who he is. And yes, his playlist is very nice. What about me? At least I have corpsepaint on! ;)

markgugs said:
'allo Doom. The Opeth play on words came from your fellow Brit, just so you know. Blame it on Monty Python or something.

And Erik, well, you'd be surprised (or maybe not so surprised) to find out who he is. And yes, his playlist is very nice. What about me? At least I have corpsepaint on! ;)

Is it mainly JayKeeley's site?

Is Erik Phyre? He has the link in his sig, so that's my guess.

Never heard Beyond The Embrace, but the rest of yours is cool. And that pic is tr00ly metuhl

Doom said:
Is it mainly JayKeeley's site?

Short answer: no. However, with that said, there'd be NO site if JayKeeley hadn't taught himself Dreamweaver over the past 2 months. He's been near-100% responsible for getting content onto the site and creating the basic layout, etc. But Royal Carnage is truly a collaborative effort between the 8 (soon to be 9) of us.

Is Erik Phyre? He has the link in his sig, so that's my guess.

Heh, heh, yes, Erik = phyre. Though he prefers Erik these days

Never heard Beyond The Embrace, but the rest of yours is cool. And that pic is tr00ly metuhl

Thanks. And that pic was without a doubt the most expensive, elaborate Halloween costume I've ever worn. I mean, yeah dude, I dress like that all the time. As for Beyond The Embrace, I'm not sure they're your cup of tea, but hopefully you'll check in on our site from time-to-time; considering how unknown they are (undeservedly so IMO), we're doing a lengthy feature story on them in the very near future. The band was courteous enough to grant me a 90-minute interview, so we're going to spotlight them coming up in the future. Cheers.