INTO ETERNITY!

I was a little disappointed with The Scattering of Ashes. Most of it is great, but one of the singers decided to add some King Diamondesque screech to his arsenal, effectively killing the album in my opinion. It's not just the jarring effect that kind of wail has, pulling attention from the otherwise amazing music, but he can't do it as well as KD or other people that can pull that stuff off. I don't know, just my opinion on the newest album. Buried in Oblivion and Dead or Dreaming remain high up on my awesome albums list.
Actually, I liked the King D/Halford-esque screeching, although the drums left a bit to be desired. Next up: Buried In Oblivion!:headbang:

I was impressed with them initially but once you get a hold on their style it's pretty repetitive. The songs all have basically the same arrangement. Gets abit old after a couple of listens.
I happen to love their style. Have you guys considered adding more screeching vocals and increasing the growls as well? The powerful, clean, melodic vocals need never change, though, because you are the man, Billy! Don't ever change your style!:headbang:

Actually, I liked the King D/Halford-esque screeching, although the drums left a bit to be desired. Next up: Buried In Oblivion!:headbang:

I absolutely love the new singer and he can actually sing the songs live which wasn't the case with the signer they had on BiO. They were excellent when I saw them open live twice in Quebec city and Montreal last summer.

About classifying their discs, I'd go with Scattering of Ashes as my #1, then Dead or Dreaming (I absolutely love this disc), then the first one and to me, BiO is their weakest. There's a black metal vibe I can't stand on there.

Cheers!

Steve

I absolutely love the new singer and he can actually sing the songs live which wasn't the case with the signer they had on BiO. They were excellent when I saw them open live twice in Quebec city and Montreal last summer.

About classifying their discs, I'd go with Scattering of Ashes as my #1, then Dead or Dreaming (I absolutely love this disc), then the first one and to me, BiO is their weakest. There's a black metal vibe I can't stand on there.

Cheers!

Steve
Thanks, dude. BTW, which CD were they supporting when they played at PPUSA V?

Tim's actually quite a dick but I don't really care because he writes great music and his band kicks ass. :D

Tim is actually one of the nicest musicians I have ever met and always has time for the fans. I don't know if someone told you that he was a dick (they were very wrong) or if you met him and he was having a bad night, but I am not exaggerating at all when I say this, you are the first person I have ever heard who said that he was a dick.

Brent

Tim is actually one of the nicest musicians I have ever met and always has time for the fans. I don't know if someone told you that he was a dick (they were very wrong) or if you met him and he was having a bad night, but I am not exaggerating at all when I say this, you are the first person I have ever heard who said that he was a dick.

+1

If you have a personal experience that was unsavory, could you enlighten us please. I'm trying hard to bite my tongue here, because EVERY member of IE pretty much defines cordial and goes out of their way to accomodate all their fans. WTF???

Ya know, I've had this exact same argument on my forum as well. There was someone claiming that Tim was a total dick, but it turned out that he had never met the guy, and only based it off the fact that a lot of members have left the band. I've met the IE guys many many times now, and they're always a lot of fun and great to their fans. Then again, given who you were responding to I'm not entirely surprised...

Ya know, I've had this exact same argument on my forum as well. There was someone claiming that Tim was a total dick, but it turned out that he had never met the guy, and only based it off the fact that a lot of members have left the band. I've met the IE guys many many times now, and they're always a lot of fun and great to their fans. Then again, given who you were responding to I'm not entirely surprised...

Don't question MR. METAL. Whatever you think, its wrong.