Introduce yourself here

StephenSLR

Oct 11, 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.lycanthia.com
Hi all,

This is a thread dedicated to the new visitors and members to this forum.

Give us a brief intro about yourself, favourite bands/music, interests, etc.

How did you heard of Lycanthia/this forum?

I'll start - I play guitar for Lycanthia and like many styles of Metal favouring 80's Metal.

I drive a Torana SL/R and have owned it since high school, hence the user name.

s

i'm tom

i like all kinds of metal and a few other genres too

i play guitar in a band called sleepmakeswaves and go to usyd.

im an opeth fanboy hence my nickname!

first saw lycanthia live at under raven skies a few years ago and have been interested ever since!

keep up the good work guys! :Smokin:

My name is Dan Robinson
I play guitar and sing for a Death/Doom band called Shroud Of bereavement

I just heard about this band a few weeks back from a fan of ours in Texas. He recommended that I check them out.

I went to the myspace page but it seems to be a broken link.
I also couldn't get the mp3's to play of the home site.

Either way, after he mentioned the band name, I saw that you also have a forum here, so I have been posting a bit.

welcome to UM guys/girls!

I'm Nicole

I like Thrash mainly, and also Black, Death, Doom etc.

I study Medical Science at uni.

<insert Sodom fanboy quote here> :p lol at Tom hehe

First saw lycanthia at the Sandringham Hotel

Dan it.s nice to see you here, mate!
I.m a fan of Shroud of Bereavement! I first heard of your band back in 2003 before i moved to Australia and have been a fan eversince.
I am hoping I can find me a copy of "Alone beside her" when I.m back in Oz.

so anyways, Sabine here. I am the keyboardist/female vocalist in Lycanthia.
I love my doom metal, and a few other genres.
I am currently back in Lebanon for a few months and looking forward to going back to Australia as soon as my visa is ready.

PS: I took a look at our myspace page and it looks fine from here.. not sure what to do about it!

I'm Mike, I sing in Transcending Mortality.

I'm into all sorts of music, with a slant towards Progressive metal/Progressive rock. Also a bit of opera from time to time.

Lycanthia was one of the first bands I saw over here 4 years ago and I've been a huge fan ever since!

Dan it.s nice to see you here, mate!
I.m a fan of Shroud of Bereavement! I first heard of your band back in 2003 before i moved to Australia and have been a fan eversince.
I am hoping I can find me a copy of "Alone beside her" when I.m back in Oz.

so anyways, Sabine here. I am the keyboardist/female vocalist in Lycanthia.
I love my doom metal, and a few other genres.
I am currently back in Lebanon for a few months and looking forward to going back to Australia as soon as my visa is ready.

PS: I took a look at our myspace page and it looks fine from here.. not sure what to do about it!

Ohh shit! I am honored!!!! That just made my day!!! LOL, You sound like my type of girl! DOOM!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

I think ABH is available at The End Records, Our label Screaming Ferret and our Website for now. Perhapse you would like to trade for Lycanthia stuff? (seeing as I haven't heard you guys, and I am very interested) PM me if interested.

Damn, the Myspace page for Lycanthia finally worked! That's some killer death/doom!!!! Hell yeah! I am very impressed!

Bad assed!

I'm Mike, I sing in Transcending Mortality.

I'm into all sorts of music, with a slant towards Progressive metal/Progressive rock. Also a bit of opera from time to time.

Lycanthia was one of the first bands I saw over here 4 years ago and I've been a huge fan ever since!

Just checked your band out, Wow good power metal, and great voice friend!

You Aussies have it going on lately! Man, everything I hear from your country I think is very Pro sounding!

cheers!

Ohh shit! I am honored!!!! That just made my day!!! LOL, You sound like my type of girl! DOOM!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

I think ABH is available at The End Records, Our label Screaming Ferret and our Website for now. Perhapse you would like to trade for Lycanthia stuff? (seeing as I haven't heard you guys, and I am very interested) PM me if interested.

Damn, the Myspace page for Lycanthia finally worked! That's some killer death/doom!!!! Hell yeah! I am very impressed!

Bad assed!

Trading would be great.. but you.ll probably have to send the CD to my address in Australia and I won.t get to hear it until I.m back there :s I.m not sure whether I.ll actually receive it here in Lebanon (shit mail system in Lebanon).
But I can definitely send you "Within the Walls". PM me your mailing address and I will send it to you as soon as I can.

Cheers for the nice words, mate :kickass:

I will IM you now, cool!

Your living situation sounds kinda confusing. Where are you? Like the country, or is there a city called Lebanon? And if you are in the country, why are you there, that seems pretty cool. Are you a student or something?

i'm mattt

i like music. genre doesn't matter.

i play bass/keys/programming in a band called QXZ.

my name is Matt, the username Matt was already taken so thats why I have another T.

I first heard Lycanthia probably about 2001/2002. Been keeping an eye on em ever since.

I'm Goreripper. I kick ass. I like beer, metal, women and sleep.

I have a copy of this:

myriad_4055.jpg

I'm Dave.
METAL EVILUTION is my band management/distro/promotional company moniker.
I live for Metal and want to be involved in this music as much as possible.
I also enjoy drinking and falling over.
I have been into LYCANTHIA for quite a while now and am honoured to be working with the band! Very talented muso's and a great bunch of guys/gals.:worship:

:D

We have the best manager ever! :kickass:

@Brian: Haven't you received Within the Walls yet?? 0.o

@Dan: well, I'm orginally from Lebanon (the country, that is :p). I moved to Australia in Jan 2004 with my family and auditioned for Lycanthia and got the job! I met Shane (guitarist of Transcending Mortality a.k.a. The Apparition on UM) through my fellow lycanthians and we got hitched in Sep 2006. I'm back in Lebanon now to apply for a spouse visa (as the spouse visa is an offshore application). I've been back for 4 and a half months and I think it will take 4 more to get that stupid visa. Meanwhile, the situation in Lebanon is quite instable and I desperately want to be back in Oz, but bureaucracy sucks balls! Meh, what can ya do?

Hi all!!! Robert from Wolly in the SC here! Working in the EU right now! Super band Lycanthia. I've come a long way since the Black Sabbath days and I'm still kickin'!! Hope to see the band live in Sydney some day! KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP MATES!!