---> new to the forum? introduce yourself here <---

I don't own white.. don't you think I'd be rich like a troll from all the royalties if I owned a color?
And.. uhm.. naturally.. I don't have any whites.. they just seem to.. make their way into my REAL laundry.. which of course is all black.. and.. *runs away headbanging*

Well, yeah, of course. Just like AC/DC's record "Sink in Pink" and Metallica's pink album and the ever-popular style of extreme music, pink metal. The one where they burn bras and turn earrings upside down.

edit: how could I forget Pink Sabbath and their Pink Mass EP?

:lol: You forgot the Venom album. Not to mention my favorite part of the genre: aesthetics of warm softness and velvet poofy things, not to mention superfluous feathers and glorious nail polish. If I could only adequately explain my joy in this subject that words doth not express.

I will try to disregard the fact that someone in here seems to actually own white. :rolleyes:

I own several white shirts, not just the collared kind. I just don't wear them daily - most of the shirts I do own are band-oriented, but I'm wearing them while I can. I won't be able to every day when I enter the corporate world (well, during the day - whatever). I have to enjoy my youth while I can.

Hey, all, my name is Josh. I'm a biologist with a streak of metal drummer, and have just been getting into DT over the last few months. Glad to meet you all.

Hi Josh, nice to have another scientist on board. Enjoy your stay and go easy on those rats.

offtopic: Hi Josh.

ontopic:
I put some effort in this one

glamrock.jpg

Hi I'm Dan, from East Devon in England

I've see DT three times in total now, and imo they are the best band on the entire planet

I saw them first at Hellfest 2007, I met the entire band at the signing session there

then the 2nd time at the Sounds of the Underground tour in London, on 3rd October 2007. I met Martin and both of the Michael's outside the back, which was cool, got some more stuff signed there.

then I saw them most recently on the 2nd of February this year in Cardiff, UK. I managed to get to the front row (despite being the last person in the venue as they wouldnt let me in til last as I didnt have valid ID). The show was probably the best show I have ever seen (and I have seen plenty), I got a hug from Stanne at the end of the show as he came back on stage for some well-deserved applause - this has been the highlight of my years so far. :D

next time DT come to this green and pleasant land, I will be driving so I plan to watch every show they do. :)

cheers all

Dan

Finally I made it to this board. First saw DT on the Wacken - was it 98 or 99?
Figure it, I'm older than I look and more girlish than one would like to know.
I'm from Germany... uh... what else?

Yay, more Germans, we are steadily growing here and even converting people (that would be Hyena). Welcome onboard (what a wordplay).
Little sidenote, as a girl you are forbidden to talk about your looks on a metalboard without posting a picture.

Do not let yourself fool by the quietness of this board. Discussions here come and go and there are plenty of people reading and waiting for a good topic to rise up.

Welcome to Sinner Poetry as well.

it annoys me that so many people like [what I'd call] rubbish like Opeth, Lamb of God and the insane number of Cores out there
Oh, and as a sidenote, I'm in the process of forming a band and make it more a metalcore band than anything

A man of contradictions. I like that. Welcome to the forum!

And I'll take that beer as long as it's not some annoying chocolate stout. Damn chocolate stouts, stealing our jobs and cars.

For my part, nearly all metal genres deserve respect but not necessarily appreciation. Metalcore is not a metal genre. It's hardcore that's desperately and unsuccessfully trying to be more than it can.

I don't mind metalcore at all if it's good...sometimes I'd get in the mood to listen to Sinai Beach, God Forbid, Unearth, August Burns Red but if you want overall opinion on which is better? Melodic death...Dark Tranquillity, Eucharist, Schaliach, At the Gates, Gardenian - Soul Burner etc etc. Melodic death is just more serious and captivating.

Oh yeah, I'm Dreadful by the way. I'm a recovering schizo-affective/OCD patient...it's coming along swell. I used to post on Ultimatemetal alot a few years ago but then went through a period of self discovery and am still doing that an extent just trying not to think too much.

I've seen DT thrice...once in 2005 with Hypocrisy and Soilwork
The next in 2006 with Opeth and Devildriver
the next in 2007 with The Haunted, Into Eternity and Scar Symmetry...that's when they were debuting 'Fiction' songs...Focus Shift, Terminus and Lesser Faith (yes Please!) I loved Mikaels old school Rush (logo) belt