Introduce Yourself!

thanks marlies.

well i live in Italy, in Rome to be precise, and i came in this forum mainly for Into Eternity. Their latest cd really hooked me and so, you know, i was interested in knowing more about the band in general.

Actually, my fav artist (of metal world) are Vanden Plas, Into Eternity, Symphony X, Pain Of Salvation, Therion, Dream Theater, Shadow Gallery, Mechanical Poet, Opeth, Ngra, Zero Hour, Mastodon, Devin Townsend, Wuthering Heights, porcupine Tree, Ayreon and a lot more to name.....

In this period, I also like listening to jazz-rock / fusion music, such as A Triggering Myth and Karcius.

I play guitar, I study and I :bah: work.

that's all folks (for the moment :headbang: )

Hey everyone, I'm Justin, I love long walks on the beach, holding hands with Stu, caressing his hair and rubbing ointment all over his body... hahaha oh and I'm the new guitarist for Into Eternity.

Can't wait to meet you all on the road!!!

hi i'm Nikki. 19 years old, and I love hockey, baseball and soccer. I also like to take pictures at concerts I go to,hoping to add Into Eternity to the list of bands I've taken pictures of. Here is the link,enjoy.

Bands I like include In Flames,Children of Bodom,Into Eternity,Alice in Chains,Amon Amarth,Dimension Zero,Finntroll,God Dethroned,Death,etc....

I'm not very big into writing things on the Internet, but I stumbled across this forum and I figured I'd throw my two cents out there.

I'd just like to say I recently heard Into Eternity for the first time. I'm not a big prog/melodic metal fan, but I really feel that these guys are onto something new. I appreciate their willingness to experiment with different time signatures and syncopation without losing focus on the underlying riffs and groove. I also appreciate their conceptual consistency - true to the band's name, they continue to explore issues surrounding death. I feel this ultimately makes the band's thoughts and words more relevant, especially in a genre full of bands screaming for screaming's sake. I hope Into Eternity continues to experiment and develop without losing sight of their death and thrash roots (my assumption - I'm guessing those guys didn't grow up rocking out to Billy Joel).

I've decided to turn down some Super Bowl parties to see Into Eternity in Boston two weekends from now. I look forward to the show and hope they play a nice and long set. Hope to meet some fellow metalheads there.

Keep it real, stateside and worldwide. NK

I've decided to turn down some Super Bowl parties to see Into Eternity in Boston two weekends from now. I look forward to the show and hope they play a nice and long set. Hope to meet some fellow metalheads there.

Hey NK,

I will be there at the Middle East Club on February 4th... Especially since the Patriots have been eliminated by the Colts. :p

But seriously, Into Eternity's new drummer Steve is a good friend of mine; and he lives near Boston, so it'll be a homecoming show for him!!

See you there,

Paul C.

Hey folks. I've been an Into Eternity fan for a little while and I'm saving my money to fiiiiinally get The Scattering of Ashes.

So, hi.

Joey, 31, Henderson, NV, played in some bands back in the day, was in a death metal band that was signed for all of 15 seconds. Like new bands like IE, Lamb of God as well as older bands like Carcass, Entombed, Fates Warning, AF

Time to update, I just realized the myspace link doesn't work :lol:

But yeah, the same old, hi I'm Nikki from Philadelphia/Upper Darby, yeah yeah.

:wave:

I'm Ryan from Windsor, Ontario. I am 27 years old. I've been a fan of Into Eternity since the first time I heard Sorrow on a Knuckletracks CD (CD that comes with the Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles magazine).
Some of my favorite bands are:
Into Eternity
Woods of Ypres
Vintersorg
Cradle of Filth
Metallica
Nightwish
Blind Guardian
Dark Tranquillity
Leaves' Eyes
Theatre of Tragedy
Siebenburgen

Name is Bryan. 30. Been listening to IE since Dead or Dreaming came out. Hooked ever since. I play bass, but for no one. Live in Jersey, work in Manhattan... my job that I've had since Oct of this year allows me to work for last.fm. Too many fav bands to list. I love lots of types of music, my main passion being metal though! But if you feel the need to see my musical tastes, just check out my last.fm profile: http://www.last.fm/user/bryjb2007/

Hey all
Name is Vilewoman, from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm 31 and love metal.
Fav bands are Into Eternity (duh), Amon Amarth, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Pantera, Damageplan, Throwdown, Bloodbath, (ride the lightening and before) Metallica, Slayer, Black Label Society, Six Feet Under, Canibal (of course) Opeth, Soilwork, Devildriver, Lamb Of God, Bury Your Dead, Down and a hell of a lot more.:headbang:

my name is fabian. i am from berlin germany. i am 18 years old. my favourite bands are brainstorm, iron maiden, blind guardian, catharsis, amon amarth and die apokalyptischen reiter.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIII.
My name is Tucker, I come from Orlando, Florida.
I'm 17 years old, and I play the drums.
I played in the school jazz band from 7th-8th grade, and have taught myself completely to play from scratch.
Then 2 years ago I got a double bass pedal which I didn't start to practice until a month or two ago, and now I'm starting to get some nice beats going down :D

I love IE, and many other bands...I like all kinds of metal pretty much.

I'm from Minneapolis. Into Eternity took a little bit to grow on me, but I'm glad I gave them repeated listens. Anyway, as far as metal bands go, my favs are Nevermore, Opeth, At the Gates, Meshuggah, In Flames, Necrophagist, and Lamb of God. Bands that I like sometimes are Dying Fetus, Gojira, All Shall Perish, and a bunch of others.

I also like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Yummy.

My name is Steve from Ontario symphonic melodic band GATES OF WINTER. A fan of Into Eternity and more so a fan of their ability to connect with fans on a personal level despite their success. Speaks much of these men.
Live in Sault Ste Marie where we just had the worst winter storm in 20 years.. traffic lights literally ripped right off and lamp posts crashed down. pretty epic

Hope to make some more waves around these forums - my band is also part of the UM network!

Name is Zac, guitarist for band Fragmenta, and I'm in the process of getting a Prog/Power band started. I live in Adelaide, South Australia, but my dad Ian lives in Canada, on the west coast, a place called Gibsons, in British Columbia.

Favourite bands are: Opeth, Tool, Dream Theater, Death, Cynic, Atheist, Meshuggah, Spiral Architect, Symphony X, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, The Mars Volta and Iron Maiden (who I'm seeing in Melbourne in a few days).

EDIT: @Nikki: I think I have the same plastic Viking helmet as that hahah. I'm trying to figure out how to turn it into a foam dome...