---> new to the forum? introduce yourself here <---

newbies! scores of them!

well, actually two. but that's better than nothing. :)

be welcome and hang around. after seven years of DT forum you will be like me, that is old, newly german and insane.

Lucky, lucky person ... DT, Into Eternity and Scar Symmetry - that must have been the most awesome gig ever. :)

I like the sig BTW. Megadeth rock. (I take it that it was taken originally from the Megadeth song. If not, my apologies. :) )

I'm actually not too into Scar Symmetry or Into Eternity's newer material much...but both bands definitely delivered it live.

The sig I have is from Psalm 23 in the Bible. I don't believe it's in a Megadeth song...if it is, then awesome. The 80s thrash band Deliverance however made it into a thrashing ballad titled "23" off their album Weapons Of Our Warfare. Very good song

Uh Hi. :) I'm Zara. I live in England, I've just finished school. Hopefully going to college next year studying art.
I havent posted in this forum yet. So yeah Hi.
I like any music. Mainly Metal, of course.

I dont really know to say :)

Yep, welcome. Studying art sounds nice to me, problem for me would just be my lack of drawing skills and I am not too fond of art theory and history. Hope you will feel comfortable here.

Hi Guys, I guess I should have posted more posts before, but the only thing I ever made up by trying so was some senseless ( how ever you interpret ) stuff in a "what is the meaning of life" thread that crossed my ways.

I am Andvarie, commin from the Rhineland Palatinate in Germany (the wine state).

I am still in school ( soon finishing 10th grade), in I´ll probably be studdying some exciting stuff in 4 years. I enjoy making and listening to music and think that art is something I will always relie to.

I obviosly like metal (especially dark tranquillity because of it´s proper use of electronics and guitar), but I think I´m ok with any type of music as long as it´s handmade. I for example also like medieval stuff, Ska, Rock ( and stuff) and Folk.

And I envie everyone who has seen DT and Soilwork together :)

Hi everyone, I'm new (in this forum, not in Ultimate Metal board). I've decided to come here because I'm a huge fan of Dark Tranquillity, and to talk about them and about other bands. My favourite bands are: DT, Hypocrisy, Anorexia Nervosa, Limbonic Art and Metallica. This doesn't obviously mean I listen only to these. I hope I'll get on well here, hails!!! :headbang:

Welcome to all newbies! Don't be afraid to post and engage in various kinds of discussions in here - we might look like a bunch of old cynical bastards on the outside, but we're actually rather jolly folk deep inside. The sole reason why we don't talk so much here anymore is that we've been here forever and have already typed more about everything than anyone ever should.

Thus, go ahead and make the place yours - we'll be happy to watch from the outside and throw a nonsensical line to the mix now and then.

-Villain

Hi, I'm also new around here.

I hail from the south of Portugal, I currently live in Lisbon but I'm moving for a new job in Helsinki (crazy guy, I know).
I'm 33 years old, male, and metalhead since I was 15.
The first album I bought from DT was "The Gallery" and I was completely hooked to it (since my fave album of the 90s and in the top 10 of all times).
I saw DT live in 1996 here in Portugal and I will see them again (hopefully) next month also here in Portugal (maybe in Helsinki I will have more chances).
I listen to lots of different music, mainly metal. My fave bands right now are DT, Opeth, Mastodon, Isis and Porcupine Tree.

I almost forgot, I'm also not fat, I don't have long hair (I used to until I was 22) and I don't wear (only) black. But most of my friends are like this so I fell odd when I'm with them :D

Cheers,
Luis

Hello peeps. I already intorduced myself on the Ultimate Metal board but realised this is such a big community that I should probably just stick to the DT part of it, since the same discussions are going everywhere and here at least are some that appreciate my fav. band. :)

So yea, I'm a 19-year-old student from Finland, the land of a thousand lakes and great music :D:kickass: I'm going to the army next summer, I like reading, listening to music, writing my own stuff (i.e. lyrics), going to gigs and spending time with friends.

Favorite bands include DT, Pantera, Meshuggah, (old) In Flames, Insomnium, Diablo (really worth checking out), Lamb of God, Machine Head, Septic Flesh and so on..

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello Everyone I am the NarkalepticNinja(misspelled on purpose), I am definitely completely new here, even though i have heard just about everything DT has to offer. Starting from there S.P. days to the now, I don't know how a band such as this had gone on so long in my existence before me even recognizing them and what they have come to represent as what is right in the music world. I have paid my respects to this band :worship:, so now i guess i can finally introduce myself. I am the NarkalepticNinja and i fall asleep at the most inopportune times. My last mission was to assassinate a samurai who was propelling himself down the yellow river. Now there i was lying down in the brush about a mile off of where he took off, so you could say i was about a mile off of the mouth in some sort of undiscovered village. The sun was rising over the horizon and the shadow of said samurai had come into view, as i am just about to throw my gilded shuriken i fall asleep and my when i come to, my shuriken has apparently lodged itself into some kids head and his head is just gorging with blood. Needless to say i have quit my ninja duties since then, but if anyone wants to hear me share stories. I will be glad to share them with you and to spread my wisdom across this barren and unforsaken land controlled by the elitist and the posers. :Spin: