Introducing Myself

Force666

Sep 12, 2007
Hi i'm John just joined here on account of the Andy Sneap Forum. I've been lurking for a week or so and decided to join. This forum is great!!!! I hope to learn alot and pass on what I learn when people need it.

I'm a guitarrist in a band out of Oakland, CA called Zeitgeist (death/melodic metal) and a home recording enthusiast.

I love Andy's work and that of the others on the forum.

Just want to say thanks for having me and I look forward to my time in this forum.

JOHN

Hi i'm John just joined here on account of the Andy Sneap Forum. I've been lurking for a week or so and decided to join. This forum is great!!!! I hope to learn alot and pass on what I learn when people need it.

I'm a guitarrist in a band out of Oakland, CA called Zeitgeist (death/melodic metal) and a home recording enthusiast.

I love Andy's work and that of the others on the forum.

Just want to say thanks for having me and I look forward to my time in this forum.

JOHN

Hi and welcome..
this forum is truly great.
nice bandname btw (pretty uncommon for a metalband though...do you know what it means? )

cheers

Zeitgeist is of German origin. made up of two words: Zeit, which means "Time" and Geist, which means "Ghost" or "Spirit". So, it literally means Time-Spirit or Ghost of TIme.

Ich habe in Deutschland für 6 Jahre als ein Teenager gelebt, 3 Jahre in Heidelberg, und 3 Jahre in Frankfurt. Amerikanisch Schulen, aber Deutsch wurde erfordert.

i'm not fluent by any means, but Zeit was a basic word in my German class, and Geist i became familiar with because of the famous "Holy Ghost Church" in Heidelberg, which i visited a few times.

18g.jpg

Heilige Geist Kirche am Stadt Heidelberg

this reminded me of a nice Laibach song , wat from the album with the same name. amazing band

"MECHANICAL TO DIGITAL
FROM POLTERGEIST TO ZEITGEIST
FROM GOD'S WILL TO EVIL
AND FROM SUPERSTARS TO THE ANTI-CHRIST
WE ARE TIME"

Haha, I was there this summer; pity you didn't get a shot of the awesomeness that is the Schloss Heidelberg!
oh, i have many pics of myself at the Heidelberg Castle, ranging from ages 11 to 17. i've been there more times that any other German historical site. literally over a dozen times in six years.

waaay OT though. lol.