Introductions

Haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Rikke, I'm 14 y/o, turning 15 in January 2010. I live in Skanderborg in Denmark.. I've known AA for a while, I went to their show in Århus last Wednesday and it was fucking awesome and will be there again when they come back -someday. Don't know what else to tell.

Name is Robin.
Hailing from the tiny island, Singapore of South East Asia.

Metal in Singapore is relatively lesser known. The community consist of less than a 1000 of so called regulars in the metal scene.

Been helping around to boost the local metal scene reputation.

I'm 21 this year, hoping to get into Events Management. Would like to have a local metal festival in my country which never happened before. One of the reasons because it's not approved by the government. But bands like Slayer, Megadeth, Mayhem and Dark Funeral came. Hopefully, the government will start opening their hearts to make the minorities happy. We seriously need a metal festival here, and bands like Amon Amarth to tour. They're heading to Taiwan and Indonesia, perhaps stop by in Singapore?

I enjoy melodic death metal. And have a group on Facebook that promotes the genre. Global Melodic Death Metal.
Check it out at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=15304076407&ref=ts

Skål!

I be Oddleif I sang for a signed Colorado power metal band till in 2007 the band broke up, my sister was killed in a car wreck, and my best friend of 5 years stabbed me in the back due to religious indifference (all within the same happy-crappy month!) needless to say after recovering from that nightmare (and the two car wrecks I survived through) I dropped 65 pounds on the "chain mail diet," rekindled my fighting spirit by listening to Norse fueled bands such as Amon Amarth, TYR, Korpiklaani, and Finntroll to name a few then begun writing music for my new folk metal inspired project currently I'm in college to study the ancient Sagas, and Eddas, and am learning to speak and read the different Scandinavian languages (thou still in the early stages & don't know much...yet)
through it all I grow ever stronger and as Amon Amarth say: "With Oden by our side we are victorious!"

Good evening!
My name is Tommy and i am a seventeen year old youngster from Stockholm.

I attended the show last Saturday in Stockholm.

I'll begin by telling you that i've listened to the band on and off for about a year or so. After watching several hours of live videos from youtube i simply thought for my self that i had to see them live!:cool:

The feeling i had during the show is beyond anything i've ever felt before, words cannot discribe.

So grim, so true, so real!

If i had to pick one song which would discribe Amon Amarth, it would be "With Oden on our side". in my opinon this is amon amarth's greatest song.

Unfortunately, they did not play this song.
But i was lucky enough to catch a Guitarpick:D

lol was "god" evening on purpose or not? I kind of like the creative mispelling XD

Haha. Well, the swedish form of Good Evening is "God Kväll" and this has to be the reason why i misspelled.. LOL

You cannot think clearly when having the mind full of ancient gods:D

Hi, I'm Kat, I'm 23 & I live in Massachusetts. Been listening to AA since right around when With Oden On Our Side came out & they quickly became my favorite band. :) Seen them twice and both shows were awesome, can't wait until they come around again. My favorite AA album is The Crusher, but they all kick ass!

Anyway I graduated from college in May and now I'm working as a web developer... good times & I can listen to metal all day which is a big plus. :) When I'm not working I like to play some video games, hang out/go to bars with friends, & ski/snowboard in the wintertime.

Hi, I'm Flo, 19 years old and I'm coming from the nice and montanious little country called Austria. I'm an economy student in the 2nd term and my hobbies are paramedical duty( I will be the guy who will pick you up and perform more or less proper aid to you if I'm not too smashed already :lol:) , playing guitar, listening to music, meeting friends etc...I suck at introductions, so if you wanna know something about me, just feel free to ask :D.

It’s not polite to join a community without introducing yourself….. but the reason I did not do it before is that I was a bit shy, because I probably am the oldest (female) AA fan.
Here we go!
I have always been a hardrockfan but was not familiar with metal (found it too noisy) but probably heard the wrong stuff LOL.
About 2 years ago I saw on MTV the clip from Runes to my memory and thought wtf?
Downloaded some stuff and went with son and daughter to the Full of Hate tour in Amsterdam where I first saw AA life. Then went to the gigs in Haarlem en Enschede and 2 weeks ago to Amsterdam.
Meanwhile I listened to other (melodic) metal and started to like other bands such as Trivium, Dimmu Borgir etc.
I hope you will forgive me for not introducing myself earlier but as said before, shyness and not wanting to be recognized on gigs was the reason for that.
My nickname is my mothers family name. One of her relatives has made a family tree and the Hagg family is originally from Sweden from the town of Haggeby where the name Hegg/Hagg was first used by a man who lived from 1576-1655.
So Johan H. could be my great-great (x…) nephew ;o)
BTW, did you know that the name Haig also comes from the same family? That’s the part that went to the USA.

Coincidence or not, I started also with AA and Dimmu Borgir years ago!

Couldn't be happier than in 2007 when they toured together..

Well i suppose i'd better introduce myself. I am Vinnie and have to be the oldest at 46, which just goes to prove that ALL the older generation don't listen to shit music. Have been into Rock/Metal since the year dot. Am into motorbikes too, I run my own club, mainly Harleys, been President for nearly 12 years. Live in England, but was born in Canada. My father is Danish, hence the Viking connection, love going to Denmark. Am married with a 16 year old son who also likes Amon Amarth as well as other metal. Like GNOFF, i to love beer and have tried over 13,000 different, am just learning how to make mead at the moment. Once i have some ready GNOFF, we'll have to meet up and try each others concoctions. Am also learning to play the guitar, i have a Les Paul Special at the moment. Also have long hair. Hope to meet some of you at a concert somewhere