Invisible Teaser

buttrock.gif

I guess I'll be the first one to voice some doubts about this sample. It doesn't seem right for Nightingale... something about it doesn't sit right with me. It's the vocals, the music is definitely great, but the vocals are too cheesy in some parts. I haven't heard a release of Dan's where the vocals haven't been 100% outstanding and very impressive (including all of Unicorn, Nightingale, EoS, etc...), but something about some of the vocals here is a bit of a dissapointment. I hope I'll get over this, and if you read this, Dan, don't take it personally. I still like your music very much!

I think it sounds good as a whole...I have changed a few lines here and there after the teaser was done. Some of the vocal tracks were recorded only to the cue guitars and a click track, and sometimes it was hard to get really "into" the track, but since it takes such a long time for me to get a perfect vocaltrack, I chose to keep those takes despite the fact that they might could have been more "inspired". I think you will change you oppinion a bit once you hear the vocals at the end of "Stalingrad" and stuff like "To the end" and "The Wake" which is very good takes if you ask me.

Dan

I usually love Dan's vocals even as cheesy as they can be with NG at times. Though I agree, the music was quite good in this teaser but the vocals...I dunno, wasn't a huge fan this time around. I have confidence that Dan will find that vocaltrack that pleases himself and us, as always.

Dan Swanö said:
I think you will change you oppinion a bit once you hear the vocals at the end of "Stalingrad" and stuff like "To the end" and "The Wake" which is very good takes if you ask me.

Hey Dan, don't get me wrong, I think the takes are great, it's just the style I think has changed a bit. It'll probably grow on me, plus, I like listening to whole albums, so my opinion will probably change as time goes on. Good work, anyway!

Seems like the "teaser" is appreciated !
Thanks for that !
But remember: it´s just excerpts from 4 songs that fits togheter well. Good parts, not the best ones. I saved them for the album :headbang:

*heh* I won´t download it, also didn´t do with the previous one for Alive Again (but thanks for the nice offer) I wait til I get to hear the album as an entity, I am not much into samples.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Are you trying to say that you're better than us fireangel?
:ill:

rather you try to accuse me of that.

I just have a different opinion on the topic. You like listening to the teaser, I explained why I won´t. (and explain some more if you like: I had some bad experiences with prelistening and being disappointed, and later when I listened to the whole album, I changed my opinion completely, for example. So I rather not be disappointed when there maybe is no reason for that at all)

I can´t see what this has to do with anyone being better than the other one.

I've listened closely to the sample a lot of times now, and I think it sounds great actually. I have no problems with the vocals, I think there are some awesome parts especially at 4.42 "no raincheck for my demise". I love how Dan really rips those vocals out, sounds very anguished and dark ;)
Seriously though, I think it's a very good teaser, definitely makes me want MORE! This album is on top of my to-buy list once it reaches stores.

Keep rocking guys, don't compromise your vision or your style cause what you think sounds the best is what's right. Maybe not for everyone, but if you are happy with it, so will the fans be. \m/

Nefilim said:
Keep rocking guys, don't compromise your vision or your style cause what you think sounds the best is what's right. Maybe not for everyone, but if you are happy with it, so will the fans be. \m/

These are very wise words. I'm glad Dan continues to do whatever he wants, and takes criticism in stride. A great musician and a great person.

Gurgelguff said:
Seems like the "teaser" is appreciated !
Thanks for that !
But remember: it´s just excerpts from 4 songs that fits togheter well. Good parts, not the best ones. I saved them for the album :headbang:
Awesome. =)

The teaser for Alive Again featured some of the better parts of that album, and in the end that CD ended up being my favorite Nightingale. This teaser makes the new album sound a bit simpler and less fantastic by comparison, but I suspected even before I read your comment that I would be in for plenty of surprises when I get the CD. =)

As far as the fans who use the word "cheesy" to describe the vocals, I don't see where they are coming from at all. Dan's vocals on Alive Again where the best yet, I suspect these will be similar based on what I've heard so far. :worship: