iPhone 5

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Supposedly today is the day that this thing is unveiled.

Just browsed a bit on Google and didn't seem to find too much.

Anyone know anything about this? Shame I just got my (first) smartphone (iphone 4) a few months ago and am stuck in a 2 year contract.

So FUCKING STUPID. Fewer pins does not mean better to me, if there are pins you didn't need anymore then just don't use them. There are to many fucking iDERPs in my house to have to worry about yet another connector.

"A lot has changed and it's time for the connector to evolve," he said. The smaller new connector uses fewer pins and is reversible; to use old devices such as speaker docks with the new phone will require an adapter named "Lightning."

But I like:

It's also compatible with several new wireless networks, including HSPA+, DC-HSDPA, and LTE,

and

18 percent thinner than before and 20 percent lighter than the 4S. It sports a larger, 4-inch screen, meaning the company could fit in an extra row of icons.

and this, I'm hopeing the new OS will allow facetime on any network (not just wifi).

The iPhone 5 will run a new version of the software, deemed IOS6. It contains mapping software with turn by turn directions and satellite imagery, a fullscreen version of the Safari web browser and an improved version of the Siri voice-control system.

fuck da phone ... I want a larger capacity ipod touch dammit!!!

that's gay. I wouldn't want an iPhone with no whatsapp or mobile internet connection :lol: I guess if you actually want another phone with that, but I like my do-everything gadget to be one thing I always carry on my belt to feel like fucking Batman :headbang:

(fucking as the adjective, not the verb)

that's gay. I wouldn't want an iPhone with no whatsapp or mobile internet connection :lol: I guess if you actually want another phone with that, but I like my do-everything gadget to be one thing I always carry on my belt to feel like fucking Batman :headbang:

(fucking as the adjective, not the verb)

I don't have a cell phone :p

by choice

but I love my ipod

I'm stoked. Already have money set aside, preordering on Friday. I'm still on a 3GS - this will be the first time I've had a current-gen phone.

Awesome, post your review maybe?

Sadly, I'll be waiting about 2 years until I can upgrade to another phone. Which I'm sure there'll be something newer out by then.

I don't have a cell phone :p

by choice

but I love my ipod

Dude, I remember when the smaller cells started coming out and all my friends were getting one. I hated it. Never wanted one. Then, after a few years of owning cells, I feel naked if I forget mine at home. Which SUCKS. Kinda like how everyone relies on GPS to get around now. Yeah, makes things way easier, not having to stop and ask directions, but it makes everyone moronic in a way.

But that aside, it really sucks if your car breaks down and you have no cellphone.

I have been following the keynote. It's still going but the iphone part is finished. You can't see anything on google cause the journalists are still in the keynote atm :lol:

Basically, ALL the rumors are true, even the design, it's insane how this time all the info went out in the last months. 4 in screen though more or less same design as the 4S (which imo is perfect since I think the iphone 4 and 4S is really classy compared to the ugly 3G), with backside made of aluminium. So basically it's 16/9 now, another row of apps, old apps aren't stretched, slimer (8mm or less as compared to something like 10mm), lighter, twice as fast in both CPU and GPU so it can now supposedly allow for full console quality of graphics, better battery, even better camera with f/2.4 and more acurate lense design making it sharper they say it's a sapphire lens cover (IMO it's actually a good thing since I was unlucky enough to damage/dirt my lense quite early and have only used the camera for about less than a year because of that), it can handle better low light and if I got it right it can shot with 2 f step settings if you want, it takes the picture 40% faster than the 4S, can now take panoramas without use of 3rd party app and the chip has some functions for noise removal even before it hits the CPU to create the final picture, you can take a picture during a video, Siri improved with more commands, integrated turn by turn map (finally but i'll hold on my Navigon that is offline) and if I got it right it has a full integrated local search for shops stores etc and also a 3rd view where you can overfly your area or something like that but I'm not quite sure as I was reading the keynote reports live and only few pictures were taken, all the LTE/4G shit, full range of frequencies during phone conversation (as opposed to the very very old broadband limitation due to the phone technology that makes it sounds "telephone-y") so they are supposed to have negociated with phone carriers to adapt the bandwidth for that so that we have lows and highs again in our voice, facetime is allowed on 3G, face camera is HD 720pxl + light/flash, main camera can still do 1080p videos of course, there are now 3 microphones to improve noise cancellation depending on what you are doing (if the ear is on the phone or not etc), the 8 pin is confirmed, they showed the adaptor, same price as the previous ones (200/300/400 with 2yr contract). My job here is done

I think I'll buy one with one of our french low cost new operators (for 20e a months / no contract you have 24/7 phone calls + unlimited texts + 2 or 3 gB then slower speed internet connection + lots of stuff) so I can save compared to my old contract, and sell my iphone 4 for 200e on a phone recycler website. Like last time, I got my iphone4 for 200 and sold my 3GS for 220 :D But it was with an expensive contract. So It will get to like 300/400e in the end with no contract. I don't need space on my iphone so the 16Go is enough for me

They are now talking about the new ipod touch. Basically it's a thin iphone 5, just like the ipod touch was a thin iphone 3G imo. They say the front cam is an iSight so maybe the iphone5 one is as well. It's got iOS6 and siri etc, so it sounds like it's an iphone that cannot do phone calls.

I'm imagining more and more people buying the ipod touch and calling through skype or 3rd party apps !

Samsung Galaxy SIII smokes the new Iphone as the SII smoked the Iphone 4s haha. Can't understand why people want to buy some overpriced "phone from a company that wants to control everything the user does.

Carlos it's SSD sizes/prices that are keeping the storage down at this point.

People without phones are more weird than people using pictures of their children for Facebook profile pictures.

Samsung Galaxy SIII smokes the new Iphone as the SII smoked the Iphone 4s haha. Can't understand why people want to buy some overpriced "phone from a company that wants to control everything the user does.

Because all of my computing happens on Apple machines and it's easier to keep it in the family, plus I just don't like the Android interfacing. Not to mention the SIII is just way too fucking big.