Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Played the CD while driving around today.

Was sort of expecting 7th son vocals, but once over that, seems pretty good.

OK, listened a few times now.

As Mark mentioned earlier, the weak link is Bruce. I think he's really struggling with the change of direction and seems to have trouble keeping up with the rest of the band. Hopefully he sounds better live.

I thought Bruce sounded weak in parts of Dance of Death and to a much lesser extent AMOLAD... Some of the vocal melodies just don't suit his voice anymore, and it's bad to hear him straining =/ It's noticeable in some of the FF songs in a big way... Whereas in others the melodies suit what he is still capable of.

Before they toured here a few years back I had fears that his vocals live would suck..... Thankfully, for whatever reason, he sounded pretty good live!

You better be wrong, Stonewall, otherwise I'll never be able to listen to Isle of Avalon again. So let's have a listen...

Yay, can't hear it!

Yep, I think it's the best song on the album.

A few listens in and I've decided it's a good, not great album. Better than Dance of Death, on par with Brave New World, not nearly as good as AMOLAD. It doesn't have the replayability that the latter had when I first heard it.

I'm slowly getting into it more and more... it is a damn catchy album, and I had multiple hooks in my head after just one and a half listens. I would probably agree with your ranking Spiffo.