is borknagar viking metal????

Well, that's just what makes the wholøe thing just fucking crazy and horrible, in my eyes. Just the way they talk about it! As if it wasn't that bad, and smth that can happend to anyone, just any day! It tells quite a lot of those involved! Quite a lot of them must be rather unstable motionally.....

"excuse all the blood" is actually an interesting slice of humor in a very very dark sort of way. It is tragic, though, that a person's thoughts can take such a dark tone.

Originally posted by Willith
Contrary to that other person who can't even form a sentence, I think it's pretty good.
It's really just a documentary about all the church burnings, murders, and related b.s. that went on in Norway in the early '90s. A few bands were involved, like Mayhem, Emperor, Immortal, etc. It's mostly about Euronymous and Varg though.
There's a lot of interviews (Samoth, Isahn, more bands...) and yes, cool pictures, especially the one that Oystein took of 'Dead' right after he blew his brains out and you can see the brain seeping out of his head.
It's very interesting to read about all that went on.

Cool, that's the book I've been looking for...thanks for the info/review.

And be nice to Eldzik! He's Polish and speaks better English than we speak his language, no? :D

Originally posted by henrikmain
*Throws up*
You find a picture of a dead person "cool"? You're sick. But then you're from Iowa. So's Slipknot. Enough said.

Come on now! It's cool in a pop culture sort of way. It's a part of the "mysterious" true black metal past and thus history. There is a famous picture from the Vietnam war of an NVA Officer blowing the brains out of (I think) a Vietnamese villager. Or maybe one of them is a Vietcong soldier. I think many of you know what I mean.

Anyway, the point being that that's also a famous pic that some people I'm sure find "cool" for its historical value. Same w/ this pic.

And finally, let's not be silly. Everyone from Iowa = Slipknot? Don't be an idiot.

Yeah, Eldzik rules (hell). :heh:

About that book...I wouldn't mind reading it, although I have never seen it. Just to form my own opinion. I have seen that gruesome pic somewhere on the net. Hasn't it also been used as the cover for a Mayhem bootleg? Anyway, I think that's humiliating and cruel, to say the least. It shows the absolute absence of any kind of respect. And as was mentioned before...the more the people talk about it and hype it, the less horrible the whole thing becomes...which is a bad thing, of course. I can't see any reason why the suicidal act itself, Euronymous' behaviour afterwards and the overall treatment of this affair later on should be in anyway justifiable or even appealing.

Originally posted by Somber Soul

thank you my friend :devil: :hotjump: :Smokedev:

about pic: yes, this pic was used as the cover...

I intensely despise that book. It's a pile of right wing propaganda badly hidden behind an "objective" look at the norwegian scene and the waves it created. Moynihan is quite clearly an admirer of Vikernes and his fascist views, and it's very sad to see that this book has actually managed to pass through the metal environment as a piece of writing without political sympathies. It's brown, brown, brown, and it damages the whole scene. Besides, it is so full of mistakes and factual holes that you could put a price-tag on it and market it as a new type of swiss cheese! That is my (not so humble) opinion!

@Somber Soul: It's very easy to find here, so if you want to read it, come to Norway! :D

But anyway, I think it seems very much like most in the norwegian black metal scene dissociated from all of that after a little while, and now most don't want to either talk about it or to be associated with any of it. They say their music is neither religious nor political; it's just about the music.

Originally posted by Somber Soul

About that book...I wouldn't mind reading it, although I have never seen it. Just to form my own opinion. I have seen that gruesome pic somewhere on the net. Hasn't it also been used as the cover for a Mayhem bootleg? Anyway, I think that's humiliating and cruel, to say the least. It shows the absolute absence of any kind of respect. And as was mentioned before...the more the people talk about it and hype it, the less horrible the whole thing becomes...which is a bad thing, of course. I can't see any reason why the suicidal act itself, Euronymous' behaviour afterwards and the overall treatment of this affair later on should be in anyway justifiable or even appealing.

Yes, it was used as a cover. And yes, it was a bootleg titled 'Dawn Of The Blackhearts.' For those who are wondering, this is the picture in question:
lp1.jpg

While it may be humiliating & cruel, it's absolutely par for the course when it comes to Mayhem. Dead would have wanted it that way, as odd as that sounds.

Well, I don't really care about Slipknot, but thanks for the info. :)

I was merely pointing out that the person who said "you're from Iowa so you must be an idiot because Slipknot is from there" was a jackass.

Originally posted by markgugs

While it may be humiliating & cruel, it's absolutely par for the course when it comes to Mayhem. Dead would have wanted it that way, as odd as that sounds.

I don't doubt Dead could have said that he wanted it so, and even meant it, but it still shouldn't have been done. If he indeed would have thought it "cool" himself, that tells enough about his psychological state to understand that he should have been protected from himself. A person who has a healthy mentality wouldn't want such a picture taken of him/her.
When Dead at last couldn't stand his life no more, and did the only think he knew to get away from everything, he should have been let rest in peace. Also think about his family...