Is it bad to tie your hair in a ponytail?

BlackMetalerWolf

New Metal Member
Jun 27, 2011
Canada
I've heard that if you tie your hair back into a ponytail often, overtime your hairline will receed. Anyone know if that's true or have experienced it?

I've heard that if you pull it too tight, you may damage the roots. The only thing that I've happen to it personally is a fair amount of breakage where I tie it. I'm working on leaving it down, but since I live in Texas the heat causes it to attack my face.

I think as long as it is not super tight you will be fine. I must say though, you look very nice with your hair down.

Balding is something that occurs based on your genes, care for your hair and stress and I don't think that pulling your hair to a ponytail will have that much effect on how it is going to recede. THey probably think that because it is pulled back, it will cause the hairline to go further back but that is not the case with human anatomy and will never work well with science.

Your hair only thins/recedes when you bind it together with a rubber band. This because it often pulls hair out

Balding is genetic. I've always had thin hair but I've noticed volume increase over the years of use, not decrease. I'm 44 and my hair is down to my waist.

My hair is at least 40" long. I only use BLAX hair elastic bands. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's one of the few products I can't go without. The Goody elastic bands are similar, but they always break after 2-3 days of use but BLAX are far more durable and reusable.

You can wrap these relatively tight and pull them out without pulling out hair. Best product ever. No matter what you use for your pony tail, if you try these you'll never use anything else. They do minimize hair loss and won't damage hair.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/BLAX-Snag-Free-Hair-Elastics-Black/dp/B0002Z8RGC[/ame]