Is it just me or did Anthrax get label-screwed again?

No disrespect to Sanctuary, but good CRAP.
I could find this bloody album in a total of two stores in a 40 mile radius of here... one place for $19.99 and one place for $17.98
I gave up and got it at the $19.99 place (both ARE 40 miles away, when I want to get it, the higher price was the only one available-- other place, great as it is, was closed.)
Am I alone in thinking that's insane? I know it's not unusual to see those prices, but I've always refused to pay them, for Anthrax only did I do this for a single-CD album.

Luckily, 'twas worth it, imo :)

(...but STILL...)

oh yeah maybe I just got screwed by my location (again) which is not uncommon.
just got stuck with crap overpriced stores, but the cheaper one I mentioned is an almost exclusive punk/metal store (quite rocks, bought some Emperor vinyl there a while back, and an old At the Gates album ya just don't see in stores, they even used to have I'm the Man on vinyl-- know a store in my college's town that has Spreading the Disease on vinyl tho...)

Well, here in Georgia, I've found it at BEST BUY, WAL*MART, SAM GOODY ($$$), CD WHAREHOUSE,
MEDIA PLAY, KMART and FYE ($$$)..... you be shoppin' at tha wrong stores my man. The only places charging an arm and a leg, were the 2 "music stores" who sell EVERYTHING 5$ higher than normal.

It wasn't available anywhere here the initial week that it came out but now it's everywhere. Thank god. And I know it's selling.

At one place, they had WCFYA buried underneath all sorts of bullshit. And they also had killer A's high up on display for $4.99. So, being the savvy businessman that I am, I swapped them out so that WCFYA would be in full effect eye level in your face at a mere 14.99 a pop...and.... I purchased one along with Snoop Doggy dog with girls gone wild.

I live in Calgary, AB Canada, and the new album was availible everywhere. And at a good price too.

A few more print ads would have been nice, and the video better get finished soon, but overall I think Sanctuary is doing allright.

You know, cranking WCFYA with the windows down while driving through your town would help a shitload, too. RAWK!!! \m/

Seriously, though, I had no problems grabbing the record, either. And NE Wisconsin isn't known for their metal-lovin'...

I think the record company is not supporting Anthrax. I don't know how the music business works, but when you call the radio station that has been promoting the Anthrax concert to play some their music and they say that they don't have the new album, someone at the record company has fucked up.

Hey, Frank, if you read this, the radio station (McAllen, TX, KFRQ-94.5) told me that they don't play Anthrax because the record company hasn't sent them the new record. I overheard someone say that you get mad at your management when someone tells you that they can't find a record at the music store. Well, maybe you can get someone at your management to send a copy of your albums to the radio station so they can play your music.

I live in Dallas and I had to order the Album offline. I checked fye,Tower Music,Wherehouse Music,Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy with no luck. I will say that I haven't checked since the second week it was released so maybe they have it now. Also I think that my local radio station(97.1 kegl) is doing a great job of playing the new album, Safe Home is in the regular rotation and I heard What doesn't die twice this weekend.

huh, I was told by an online friend he got it at best buy

I called everyone I could think of and visited stores.
I went to Wal-Mart (that was a last-ditch effort), Best Buy, FYE, Musik Hut (the local metal/punk store), Target, and Sam Goody. Except for Coconuts (same company as FYE anyway) that is ALL of the stores I could check.
Musik Hut had it for $17 and FYE for $20.
This is kinda sloppy or weird or something when not all of the branches of the same store have it :\

(and that's *essentially* a 40 mile radius. I am in the frickin bible belt tho, they tend to be short on music stores around here...if I were up at college I'd probly have a better chance)

If the radio station said they didn't have it, then that is a balls out lie. Both the big rock stations here say they have it, but won't play it b/c its ANTHRAX. How fucked up is that?

99x...you guys are peices 'o sheot anyway....

And 96rock, I never thought I'd see the day when you would make me switch to cd only driving.

Pheeeetuck! I spit on both of you.

lupe_m said:
I think the record company is not supporting Anthrax. I don't know how the music business works, but when you call the radio station that has been promoting the Anthrax concert to play some their music and they say that they don't have the new album, someone at the record company has fucked up.

Hey, Frank, if you read this, the radio station (McAllen, TX, KFRQ-94.5) told me that they don't play Anthrax because the record company hasn't sent them the new record. I overheard someone say that you get mad at your management when someone tells you that they can't find a record at the music store. Well, maybe you can get someone at your management to send a copy of your albums to the radio station so they can play your music.
I talked to the dj from The Rock at the show and he gave me a different story. He said they didn't play it because they're too heavy. I asked him if they played Metallica Enter Sandman, and he said yes they did (I knew they would, and I even told him you can't be a rock station and not play that, everyone does) and I then told him Safe Home isn't as heavy as that. He asked if Safe Home is radio friendly, I said it was so radio friendly. And said he should play it as soon as he could. The dj was Keith West I think...he was a pretty cool guy. He said he might be able to get it played.

I took radio broadcasting in college, and let me tell you radio is so fucking formatted you wouldn't believe it! There is one website that radio people are only allowed to use, that tracks every song, commercial, and word that is said and/or played on the radio. For instance if you wanted to know what a dj at KNAC said last thursday at 4 in the morning you could find it. It is a shame that the radio dosen't play more bands like Anthrax, but dj's don't get to play what they want to play like in the '70s. You don't follow the format, you don't have a job. This needs to be changed.

Riehlthing said:
I talked to the dj from The Rock at the show and he gave me a different story. He said they didn't play it because they're too heavy. I asked him if they played Metallica Enter Sandman, and he said yes they did (I knew they would, and I even told him you can't be a rock station and not play that, everyone does) and I then told him Safe Home isn't as heavy as that. He asked if Safe Home is radio friendly, I said it was so radio friendly. And said he should play it as soon as he could. The dj was Keith West I think...he was a pretty cool guy. He said he might be able to get it played.

I talked to Keith West too. He started laughing when I told him that I was the one that had called the station and argued with another DJ. I guess he had heard about it. I had told the dj why they didn't play Anthrax and she had told me that they were too hard. Then I told her that they played Slayer and Slipknot. Anthrax is not as heavy as them. Then she told me that they didn't have the new album and that I wanted to hear them on the radio, I should buy them the cd and they would play it. The dj was pissed off at this point. I explained that I didn't call to piss her off. I just wanted to know why they didn't play Anthrax. :headbang: