Is it just me, or does the EOR Cd have worse sound than the mp3s???

CB101

Nov 6, 2002
Visit site
Go to the Century Media website and download the Enemies Of Reality mp3 and tell me that the production quality of the mp3 isnt much better than that of the cd? Whats up with that? I even played both the mp3 and the cd in my computer thinking maybe it was the speakers, but the mp3 still sounded much better. It seems like im listening to the cd through a wall or something. It sucks too because the music is so killer.

CB101 said:
Go to the Century Media website and download the Enemies Of Reality mp3 and tell me that the production quality of the mp3 isnt much better than that of the cd? Whats up with that? I even played both the mp3 and the cd in my computer thinking maybe it was the speakers, but the mp3 still sounded much better. It seems like im listening to the cd through a wall or something. It sucks too because the music is so killer.

the album was remastered-- could the mp3 be the original mastering? it's actually an eq problem, as passenger57 showed us. put in some trebble and take out a little of the lower frequencies. it's a fantastic recording, only the eq is messed up.

we really need to get wendy to put up a sticky that everybody here knows about the production.

*hint-hint most awesome wendy-dearest* ;)

im not complaining about the production, we allready know it has its flaws. what i am trying to bring to attention is the fact that the mp3s sound much better than the cd does. is it a different mix? Why would they use the worse sounding mix for the actual album?

The MP3 from century media is from the original mixing. It is not the mixing that is on the album itself. I have heard both the mastered versions of EOR. There is not much difference between the mixing. Yes i know this topic has been beaten to death, ressurected, then beaten again, but i never really added my 2 cents so there.