Is it just me, or does the EOR Cd have worse sound than the mp3s???

Nevermore board, A.D. 2015, after Nevermore have released their 12. album:
Some Nevermore forum fucker: "I think the production on the new album is way better than on EoR. The production on EoR really sucks."
Another Nevermor forum fucker: "Yeah, it really sucks, but it´s just EQ."
Next Nevermore board fucker: ...

How does it go on? Your suggestions! We´ll make a soap opera out of it and become rich!

Well, I actually went ahead and tried to ..well... sort of remaster the tracks. :) I've been pretty busy with it the last couple of days and I think it sounds better now, so I'm going to burn the tracks on a cd. If you want to check it out, I just uploaded EoR here: http://users.pandora.be/banished/01%20-%20Enemies%20of%20Reality.mp3 Since this track is available on the website, I hope this is allowed on the forum.

P.S: Nice to join in on the discussions; this might be my first post here, but I've been following the board for some time now :)

Zsolt said:
Well, I actually went ahead and tried to ..well... sort of remaster the tracks. :) I've been pretty busy with it the last couple of days and I think it sounds better now, so I'm going to burn the tracks on a cd. If you want to check it out, I just uploaded EoR here: http://users.pandora.be/banished/01%20-%20Enemies%20of%20Reality.mp3 Since this track is available on the website, I hope this is allowed on the forum.

P.S: Nice to join in on the discussions; this might be my first post here, but I've been following the board for some time now :)

very good. you just messed around with the eq, right? what program did you use?

i now have four different versions of the title track--the promo mp3 from century media, the track on the real cd, passenger57's, and now this one. i like passenger's the best, with this one as a close second.

Well yeah, you start out by messing around with the EQ and that's when you start hearing lots of cracks and stuff, so you have to try and reduce them to a minimum. That's the tricky part and unfortunately I couldn't get rid of them all. It's during most solo's that they're hard to get rid of. I used CoolEdit Pro btw.
And I'm glad you liked it. Also, could you tell me where you got that other version? :)(passanger57's)
Cheers