Is it just me.....

Metal_Camden

Sep 25, 2009
Or did anyone notice that Oscar from hammerfall did pretty much the SAME EXACT single note guitar solo that the guy from accept did during the showcase?????

I thought it was pretty funny and awesomely rediculous. Just curious if anyone else caught that.

ALSO while were at it. GLENN MAKE WINTERSUNS NEW CD COME OUT ALREADY!!!! :p

HA has anyone heard Anything at all about that?

Didn't notice. Was too busy oggling Joacim. >_>

EDIT: At the Jaxx show, anyway. Which I'd do at any show.

I wasn't at the Showcase, but the Accept guy did do that guitar thing when I saw them two days ago. However, it was more incorporated with the song and less of an all-eyes-on-me solo spot. Honestly the Hammerfall way of doing it is kinda ridiculous...play one note a bunch of times, then hold for applause! haha. But I look at it with a sense of humor. It's entertainment. The Accept guy did that thing but then just went right into the next song.

I wasn't at the Showcase, but the Accept guy did do that guitar thing when I saw them two days ago. However, it was more incorporated with the song and less of an all-eyes-on-me solo spot. Honestly the Hammerfall way of doing it is kinda ridiculous...play one note a bunch of times, then hold for applause! haha. But I look at it with a sense of humor. It's entertainment. The Accept guy did that thing but then just went right into the next song.

ahhaha for sure man! leave it to oscar to take it to chucky cheese!

Bryant always spoken of Wolf as a guitar god. Honestly, I thought he was smoking crack. However, I was very impressed with Wolf's playing at the pre-party. He had a feel for his instrument akin to a great Blues player. He's one of those guys who can accomplish more with one note than most guys do with dozens. On the flip side, I think Oscar's skills as a player are quite basic. From what I can tell, he's much more interested in song writing than guitar playing.

Oscar is great. I'm not a guitarist so I can't speak for much in terms of skill, but I did notice that Wolf was ridiculously amazing when I saw him last week. Oscar, on the other hand, was great, but I wasn't blown away. I still love Oscar, though! He was a really nice guy and spoke to me when I opened for Hammerfall. I'm hoping Wolf is a nice guy, too.

My guitarist caught on of Wolf's picks, though. He'll be soloing with it tomorrow night! Hoping some of Wolf's amazingness is channeled through it. :)

Oh yes for sure! Accept obviously came before hammerfall!

Just found it amusing that Oscar was right there in the front row to see that, then did it melted in cheese two days later :)

I need more accept. I am still way unfamiliar. They were crazy good during the showcase, not to mention the best sound of the whole weekend IMO.

I'm new to Accept too, but I'm loving the new guy.

I'll be honest.. the first time I heard Udo, I thought he sounded like Dr. Roxxo. XD

being a long time fan of Accept and TT Quick i was even skeptical about the two coming together, BUT the new album is really good. for me and the UDO years it comes down to Restless & Wild, Metal Heart, Balls To The Wall and even the over looked, Russian Roulette.

I'm new to Accept too, but I'm loving the new guy.

I'll be honest.. the first time I heard Udo, I thought he sounded like Dr. Roxxo. XD

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH you know there is some resemblence.... just very clown like and a bit less girggly :p

The new guy is quite good though, i reeeeeeeeeeeeealy need the new cd :)

Last edited by a moderator:
being a long time fan of Accept and TT Quick i was even skeptical about the two coming together, BUT the new album is really good. for me and the UDO years it comes down to Restless & Wild, Metal Heart, Balls To The Wall and even the over looked, Russian Roulette.

awesome! ill have to snag an older one, thanks!

I think Dr. Roxxo is a parody of Paul Stanley. But I'm sure you already guessed that.

From Wikipedia:

Rockzo seems to be a parody of various events and persons. According to Brendon Small, Dr. Rockzo was supposed to be an amalgam of every kind of front man from the hard-rock era, including Paul Stanley, Axl Rose, and Bret Michaels. Eventually the animators made him resemble David Lee Roth.

I really didn't notice the part you were talking about. I did notice Accept left out their real solos for the show. Wolf and Peter used to do solos. Wolf had solos consisting of classical music rearranged his own way like Bolero, in The Hall of the Mountain King etc. When it comes down to it, I suppose I would rather hear another Accept song than a solo, but I hate I didn't get to hear the solos.
Wolf has been my favorite guitarist for 25 years or so. He has always had great technical chops AND feeling in his work. He has also been able to blend blues and classical together successfully...... which few have tried/accomplished. For the sake of keeping the songs punchy with balls out power chord goodness, Wolf doesn't overload the live songs with fills and unnecessary solos, but on disc........it is a different story. Ever since the Metal Heart release (1985) Accept has layered in tons of guitar tracks and even buried some of them deep in the mix waiting for people to find them. These guitar tracks make the songs pretty much really long solos in themselves, but without being obtrusive to the songs themselves. This was done quite well on "Blood of the Nations" as well by producer Andy Sneap. Anyone that enjoys guitar, or is a guitarist should really enjoy Wolf's work over the years. I may be a bit of a zealot, but I am not alone. Wolf Hoffmann is far from a guarded secret out there among guitarists.

Bryant