is it worth getting a pod xt

Pman

Feb 18, 2006
UK
www.facebook.com
hi
ive been considering getting a pod xt (pro) for recording guitar and i was wondering if the pod can be controlled via a vst plugin in cubase, nuendo etc
and if so, could i just do the same thing with a guitar port and save some money?

i currently recording guitar via mic from my friends amp
here is a sample
would there be any major benefit changes from my current sound?
and would it be controllable via a vst plugin?
thanks

I think the only way to control the PodXT settings wise is the Line6Edit software, which I dont think you can run at the same time as your DAW. I assume you mean control it as in control the settings?

if u want something just for fun and can't spend much, go for it, otherwise save some money and buy a REAL AMP (mark IIC++, mark IV, dual rectifier, 5150, etc)

And now I've listened to your mp3, I'm sure you could get a better sound with a PodXT, your tone to me sounds muddy and dull. Listen to some of the guys on here who do tracks with a PodXT to see how you can get it to sound.

I love my PodXT Pro. I think you have to understand that you aren't going to be getting amazing tones out of it. What I love about mine is the amount of options I have with it. Currently its plugged into a poweramp via the unbalanced outs, my MOTU896 via the balanced outs and also an un-processed out, plus its got one going back into the line in from my 896, and also the USB. Eventually I'll delve into the digital I/O's which I also have connections for. The way its set up currently I can use it as a reamp box too. Its nice to be able to edit the tones via Line6 Edit, as you can have every setting up on screen at once. Currently you can't use a VST plugin to change the settings, but you can just run Line6 Edit while you are deciding on a guitar tone and edit from there. When the Gearbox Plugin is released it will effectively be a PodXT in VST form, which is what you will be after, and the PodXT itself will act as your interface and also as a use of direct monitoring.

I love being able to track guitarists at quiet volumes through the Pod, and then reamp later, all without having to plug anything else in, just a few clicks and Im off.

Machinated said:
I love my PodXT Pro. I think you have to understand that you aren't going to be getting amazing tones out of it. What I love about mine is the amount of options I have with it. Currently its plugged into a poweramp via the unbalanced outs, my MOTU896 via the balanced outs and also an un-processed out, plus its got one going back into the line in from my 896, and also the USB. Eventually I'll delve into the digital I/O's which I also have connections for. The way its set up currently I can use it as a reamp box too. Its nice to be able to edit the tones via Line6 Edit, as you can have every setting up on screen at once. Currently you can't use a VST plugin to change the settings, but you can just run Line6 Edit while you are deciding on a guitar tone and edit from there. When the Gearbox Plugin is released it will effectively be a PodXT in VST form, which is what you will be after, and the PodXT itself will act as your interface and also as a use of direct monitoring.

I love being able to track guitarists at quiet volumes through the Pod, and then reamp later, all without having to plug anything else in, just a few clicks and Im off.
i think youve pursuaded me :)
especially with this gearbox plugin coming out
thanks for all the responses