Is Per officially one of Opeth???

that would be cool though if they had a fulltime keyboardist...that would add an interesting element to the band (as long as it was used in the correct parts)

When they played in Sydney, Per did a really distorted evil organ sound all the way through April Ethereal, and I almost wet my pants in fear/excitement. It makes their sound so much fuller and darker, I'm definitely for it.

i guess they should take him with them , as a real member i mean....

Maybe we should open another thread about that where people could vote....

Well he's signed up to record the next album with the band, and the fact that it will most likely heavily use keyboards, as Mikael said over in the other thread, I'd assume they're signing him on full-time. I mean hey, Mike is playing badminton with him, that's gotta mean something.

Honestly, I hope that Per is only temporary [no offense Per].

I'd really like to see Opeth go back to their foundations for their next album. Not that D&D were bad albums... it just seemed strained. It's probably a result of the bad recording studio but something was up with the last albums... dunno what it was, just didn't feel right.

I'd love ot see Per join Opeth. His a cool guy and a great musician. Also, there will be no tasteless keyparts, I am sure of that. Both Opeth and Per has got great taste.

That's where I read it! Assuming that interview is legit, it looks like Per is in. Now if they can just up his parts live...I could barely hear his fucking keyboards and vocals at the Lamentations show here in San Diego.

Jinn said:
Honestly, I hope that Per is only temporary [no offense Per].

I'd really like to see Opeth go back to their foundations for their next album. Not that D&D were bad albums... it just seemed strained. It's probably a result of the bad recording studio but something was up with the last albums... dunno what it was, just didn't feel right.

if you think Opeth will be "going back" to anything theyve done before on any future release...apprently you havent been paying attention to their career this whole time. :Smug: