Is Projector Worth buying

I know this is outdated, but I bought the album a few days ago (I was going over the Used CD section in Rasputin Records and was able to snatch it for 10 bucks along with Megadeth's Countdown To Extinction - another 10 - and Helloween's Time Of The Oath for, believe it or not, six - and it was a completely new CD, too :)).. And I have bought some really stupid shit in my life - so Projector is definitely a good investment. Very melodical - so if you're into the melodical side (like there's any other) of DT, BUY it!! Won't be disappointed..

The clean vocals are very weird, though :). They're like nothing I ever heard. I can stand some melody, so I love this album - but a lot of people don't like mellow shit. Fuck 'em. :).

Shell Shock said:
I know this is outdated, but I bought the album a few days ago (I was going over the Used CD section in Rasputin Records and was able to snatch it for 10 bucks along with Megadeth's Countdown To Extinction - another 10 - and Helloween's Time Of The Oath for, believe it or not, six - and it was a completely new CD, too :)).. And I have bought some really stupid shit in my life - so Projector is definitely a good investment. Very melodical - so if you're into the melodical side (like there's any other) of DT, BUY it!! Won't be disappointed..

The clean vocals are very weird, though :). They're like nothing I ever heard. I can stand some melody, so I love this album - but a lot of people don't like mellow shit. Fuck 'em. :).

Woooh!
That's it! :)
That's Mikael's voice.. u_u,,
Teh grand.
And the rest of DT, of course :D
Honestly. :p

/Waz (*still completely in favour of DT* :worship:)

Dark_Jester said:
No, it's not really. And Dark Tranquillity aren't even that good. I reccommend Reroute to Remain by In Flames...

Nah, seriously, Projector is a softer, more almost 'gothy' album...at times it tends to be slower than the other albums, and yes, the vocals are clean for most of the time. Projector is one of those love/hate type albums, where people absolutely love it, or people absolutely hate it. I'm in the love category, and feel it would be well worth a listen.

dark tranquillity are great... and r2r is a shit album,
but in flames are still my fav' band