Is the majority using 7 strings guitars here ?

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
Yeah I'm not sure if this thread belongs in the equipement section but anywa..

Seems like a lot of the dudes here play those.
Some only swear by 6 strings.
I don't see acoustic 7 strings.

I find 7 strings really natural, that low B is not too low and sound very good (I'd love that on an acoustic guitar)

I'm always surprised when someone comes in the store and ask what is the 7th string for... it's quite obvious

I play 8 strings, although I only really use 7. The 8th is used a little bit in my band for a few riffs but that's it. I just use 7s/8s since the riffs I write tend to sound better in B standard/Drop A, and I prefer to have the rest of the guitar there to use if I feel like it. Especially since I take my 8 to college and need standard tuning most of the time. As far as a 7/8 string acoustic goes, I'd fucking love one. A 7 string acoustic tuned to GCGCGCE would be amazing!

I'm traditional! 6 strings is fine for me. I've played 7's and 8's but never found it to be advantageous to my writing/ playing

I don't play leads at all and D is low enough for me 90% of the time, more strings will lead
to more mistakes for me :D 6 strings are more than enough, planning to build a guitar right
now, 26,5" scale 6 stringer that will be tuned to B probably.

I play in B standard. I used to play a seven, but went back to six a couple of years ago and haven't really looked back.

2751144929_3ee54c45b6.jpg

Take it like a man and play only with 4 strings.

I had an Epiphone Explorer for the longest time and then I sold it for an Ibanez RG7321. I fucking hated the way the little nuts on the bridge would scratch my picking hand and I ended up selling THAT and getting a 7 string baritone.

Now I have a SC607-b and I couldn't be happier.

I'm traditional, 6 strings tuned to E standard.

Spent years fucking around in various other tunings and none of it ever really stuck with me.

Basically it's the same for me - I used to play in quite a few tunings but have pretty much settled back in E Standard or Eb for some stuff, but I got tired of extremely low tunings and prefer letting the bass handle the low end on the music I create. 6 strings all the way now - sold off my 7 string a few years back.

as always individual mileage may vary.

6 String player all the way. I have a 7 string, but would rather play a six in baritone tuning. Playing in Drop B with my metal band, Standard D, Drop C and maybe Drop Db/C# with my newly forming hardrock band.

6 strings, B standard on one and drop Bb on the other geetar

I had one of the cockstock ltd horizon 7 string axes about ten years ago but I can't stand neck-dive so I sold it. In our band I used that 7th sting maybe twice in ten songs.