Is 'The Moor' too difficult to play live?

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I have to ask this question because I think it's weird that
it isn't part of the setlist, the way me and other fans I know
feel about this song is that it's one of the true Opeth classics.
Perhaps they have already played it live without me knowing?
If I see a falling star before the Inferno festival 18th April
I'll wish for "The Moor". Oh fuck I said it.

Considering other songs played live, it does seem as if the most technically difficult songs have been avoided. Agree/disagree?

That's a shame really. "The Moor" for me defines Opeth at it's height. It has all the substance that makes the band what it is.

Dman right.Im wishing that they will play it on the so called "experimental" Damnation tour.

ChrisEmerson said:
they wont. they are playing acoustic songs on the damnation tour.

Well Peter told me IN PERSON that it would be half heavy and half acoustic.

i guess they could have changed their minds though.

threak said:
Well Peter told me IN PERSON that it would be half heavy and half acoustic.

i guess they could have changed their minds though.

half heavy and half acoustic? what the.......

i guess it makes everyone happy.......

Episode 666 said:
I think i read in sóme Interview that The Moor is one song they never played well live, so they gave it up.
No, that was "Moonlapse Vertigo." An interviewer asked him what songs that they haven't played would go over well live and Mikael was quick to say that they would NEVER play "Moonlapse Vertigo" again... Too bad... it's one of my favorite songs off of STILL LIFE...

The moor has too many guitar parts... for every part of the song there is usually 3 guitars playing. So to play it live, it would sound much different. And as other people said, some parts are just too hard to play and sing at the same time.

John Gargo said:
No, that was "Moonlapse Vertigo." An interviewer asked him what songs that they haven't played would go over well live and Mikael was quick to say that they would NEVER play "Moonlapse Vertigo" again... Too bad... it's one of my favorite songs off of STILL LIFE...

I stand Corrected. :)

the acoustic parts in the middle of the song would require great concentration to pull of, the start of that section the 'rolling' acoustic passage before it leads into to 'oooooh oooohhhh ohhhhhh' would be very difficult to play.

it would be amazing if they did play it live though.

they plated moonlapse vertigo in Dublin a few weeks ago.
Mikael was asking everyone what they wanted to hear and I was shouting for the moor, now I know why they didnt play it!